Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE RUBICON EXPANSION

GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    There is a section for Eve related discussion.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    There is a section for Eve related discussion.

Dont you think eve players already know about the expansion?

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    ^^ Burned!
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Interceptors will now be immune to bubbles.  That sounds nice!

I hope the boost the EA frigs is significant enough to make them more useful.  I used to take my Sentinel out in frig gangs pretty often but I felt I could've contributed much more if I just brought an Ishkur.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Romulan78Romulan78 Member UncommonPosts: 99

I'm a non eve player and I care.

Thank you for sharing that info I might just try Eve again been a few years...

• polySurfacepolySurface Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Looking forward to jumping into my marauder, guess its time to check out the EA frigs again as well .

Feydikan sums up Divergence Online development.
    "OMG working so hard..pant pant... need sleep... pant pant.... and money... pant pant....keep faith"

• dirkbladedirkblade Member Posts: 2
    Why are you reading this post, if you do not care! Some people are so ironic.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

EVE pisses me off in a major way. Why?

Because it has the best roleplaying, PvP and economical systems of any MMO out there. It also has really fancy graphics that make you sigh in awe.

The problem is, it doesn't feel like a game. Everything I do in EVE feels like I'm just sifting through spreadsheets and math formulas. I get to do enough of that at work. And when you play a while you also quickly realize all those beautiful spaceships are nothing more than singular points in space with some numbers attached to them. The graphics are just a curtain pulled in front of your eyes so that you cannot see how crude the simulation is underneath it.

For all the lack of depth, systems and stuff that Star Citizen might be guilty of, I'm still pretty sure it will captivate me more than EVE, because there is an actual game on top of all the systems, and a believeable, immersive world to interact with.

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Because it has the best roleplaying, PvP and economical systems of any MMO out there. It also has really fancy graphics that make you sigh in awe.

The problem is, it doesn't feel like a game. Everything I do in EVE feels like I'm just sifting through spreadsheets and math formulas. I get to do enough of that at work. And when you play a while you also quickly realize all those beautiful spaceships are nothing more than singular points in space with some numbers attached to them. The graphics are just a curtain pulled in front of your eyes so that you cannot see how crude the simulation is underneath it.

For all the lack of depth, systems and stuff that Star Citizen might be guilty of, I'm still pretty sure it will captivate me more than EVE, because there is an actual game on top of all the systems, and a believeable, immersive world to interact with.

SOunds like a problem with you, not the game.

I've never touched any form of spreadsheets in that game, and it never felt like maths to me either. Maybe it's because I'm mostly a combat/exploration pilot. Drama, paranoia and pew pew don't leave much space for spreadsheets. 

Try doing other things and experience might change.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by uplink4242 

I've never touched any form of spreadsheets in that game, and it never felt like maths to me either. Maybe it's because I'm mostly a combat/exploration pilot. Drama, paranoia and pew pew don't leave much space for spreadsheets. 

Yes it is clearly a matter of personal preference. For me, EVE just doesn't feel like I'm immersed in the world. Whenever I see ships gliding through each other, pivoting on a fixed point, shooting through obstacles, when you zoom out to 1 AU away from your ship and it's supposed to be a "camera drone" (lol) etc. it hits me. The graphics are not real. It's just a representation of what is essentially a very small set of data in a 3D space. Each ship is just a vector in space, nothing more. A point with direction and speed. They have no mass, no inertia and no substance.

I've tried PvE missions, mining, PvP in solo and fleets, trading, exploration, wormholes, etc. It doesn't matter what you do in EVE, if you can't get past the realization above. I unfortunately cannot. Not when you're supposed to be flying a huge ship that is in fact just one single vector with a database attached to it.

I don't know how to explain it better. If you have played space games with realistic newtonian physics you understand what I mean.

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

Dont wanna troll but dont overhype star citizen, there was so many mmos that were waited and let everyone down.Wait for the actual release.

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

Yes it is clearly a matter of personal preference. For me, EVE just doesn't feel like I'm immersed in the world. Whenever I see ships gliding through each other, pivoting on a fixed point, shooting through obstacles, when you zoom out to 1 AU away from your ship and it's supposed to be a "camera drone" (lol) etc. it hits me. The graphics are not real. It's just a representation of what is essentially a very small set of data in a 3D space. Each ship is just a vector in space, nothing more. A point with direction and speed. They have no mass, no inertia and no substance.

I've tried PvE missions, mining, PvP in solo and fleets, trading, exploration, wormholes, etc. It doesn't matter what you do in EVE, if you can't get past the realization above. I unfortunately cannot. Not when you're supposed to be flying a huge ship that is in fact just one single vector with a database attached to it.

I don't know how to explain it better. If you have played space games with realistic newtonian physics you understand what I mean.

I see. I've noticed some people didn't like the modular nature of the game.

I have never played or liked any space games. Spaceships are not really the reason I play (and I assume most people are the same). The abstract side of the game is what appeals to me.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

I see. I've noticed some people didn't like the modular nature of the game.

I have never played or liked any space games. Spaceships are not really the reason I play (and I assume most people are the same). The abstract side of the game is what appeals to me.

I agree. I like the setting of the game though, but it's not what is keeping me subscribed.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran