Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DLC Packs

Hi all,

It has been a while since I last played. I believe November of last year or so. I have logged on every so often to claim items but haven't bought anything or looked into the changes.

Now I logged in for a bit and see DLC packs in the store. I know when the game first went B2P, the Lifetime members would get points to buy them. Then l a little later they said Lifetime Members would get the packs for free. That was maybe December or January so not sure what applies now. Just don't want to buy packs and then find out I didn't have to.

Thanks in advance for any info pertaining to this.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

If you were a lifer (Grandmaster) at the b2p transition, then you already have the first 5 Issues (just like everyone who bought the game then). So you need to buy only the rest of them.

Lifers (and subscribers) get a monthly stipend, but don't get the Issues (the DLC's) for free. They can buy the Issues with that stipend, and they have a promise, that no Issues will ever costs more to them than 1 month's stipend (meaning if an Issue in the future will costs more for the free players, the subscribers will still get it for the stipend).

In this way yep, you get them for "free", as in for your monthly sub. Or in a lifer's case, for your initial Grandmaster purchase. You don't need to spend additional money for them.

I think there was a plan that you could check an option for automatic purchase, and then in those months when an Issue is released, you get the Issue right away and not the stipend, so you don't have to buy it manually. I don't know if it's in the game or not, I like to buy myself, it's always a thrill. (no, I'm not a shopaholic :) )

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Also beyond that subscribers and grandmasters who have DLC auto-buy enabled get early access to all DLC as well with the balance subtracted from said stipend so the devs encourage those that have a stipend enable the auto-buy option froom the account options page so you get your 'free' DLC early.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Thanks for the heads up. I just went and enabled it now so at least i won't lose the bonus points if I take a break again.

Also seems I have 160 Veteran coins now as well. Any advice on the best things to use them for or are they best saved for future items?

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

Thanks for the heads up. I just went and enabled it now so at least i won't lose the bonus points if I take a break again.

Also seems I have 160 Veteran coins now as well. Any advice on the best things to use them for or are they best saved for future items?

They just added remote banking items to the item store.  Stacks of five cost  Vet Points each.  That is what I would buy. 

• stelaras1981stelaras1981 Member Posts: 1
    Stupid question.Where can i download these dlc's? :/
  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by stelaras1981
    Stupid question.Where can i download these dlc's? :/

You buy them through the in-game item shop.