Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Liking Guild Store

PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

In TESO, there are no public broker or other markets. You only have guild stores. You have to be a member of the guild in order to purchase from the guild store. The only way to purchase from other guilds, is if they take over a tower in PVP area and set up shop as long as they control the tower.

This whole idea frustrates me.

In many games, guilds are meant to group people with like interests and willingness to help each other. In most guilds that I have been in, we generally don't charge other guildies for items, unless they are super rare (an even then we give sharp discounts to each other). A market of similar technique was only needed to sell items to people outside your guild.

So, why make the market limited to only your own guildies?

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    If this is as you say it may strongly incentive guilds to take and hold towers at all costs which in a PVP centric MMO could be a very good thing indeed. I'm intrigued to learn more.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    To be honest I dont know what to think. I can't tell if I like the idea or not. My concern is that this could hurt smaller guilds with everyone wanting to join the guild with the best shops and even narrow how many guilds there are. I'm also concerned in that most guilds I have been a part of trade things between players for free with the receiver usually offering something in return if it was super difficult to create or find...but the guildie might do this only as a courtesy.  I'll be curious to see how this all pans out as it is different and sometimes all of us struggle to embrace change.

There Is Always Hope!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Well one open big global market is out of the question (AH) because that would ruin the whole econnomy instantly

You could view it as an opportunity, buying in one guildstore and selling in another guildstore might get you money.. However in the tightly knit guilds i play in, we allways give eachother stuff for free. 

So my best bet is we will see familly (main) guilds and trading guilds...  If i where bethesda, i would change the name of the trading guilds to trading companies or so mething like that, and allowing characters to be member of one old fashioned guild ... and 5 trading companies.. both guilds and trading companies would have their own guildstores...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• stangostango Member Posts: 3
    You guys know you can be in more than one guild. Also this will make interaction between guild necessary. A global AH is always bad for community. This is a feature that makes me think this might actually make this game stand out and have a community feel that has been missing since the early days of mmo.
  • PigglesworthPigglesworth Member UncommonPosts: 260

@PigglesworthTWR on Twitter

Pigglesworth @ EQNForum.com, MMORPG.com, EQNextfans.com, ProjectNorrath.com, & EQNFanSite.com

Malcontent @ EQNexus.com & EQHammer.com

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    If this is as you say it may strongly incentive guilds to take and hold towers at all costs which in a PVP centric MMO could be a very good thing indeed. I'm intrigued to learn more.

i can already see the zerging train wrecking everything in its path to prevent well established guilds from dominating the market or just making a little profit.

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

It will be interesting to see if these merchant guilds will be able to set up shop in major hubs and not just at their keeps. Or those who don't have keeps setting up shop somewhere. It could just simply be a player or two manning the same spot with a couple of pack horses holding their goods. In the big guilds, it wouldn't be too difficult to set up a schedule to have someone always selling goods at the same spot.

Once players learned who is selling what, you could trade just about everything at a major hub. The major problem though will be the megaserver and not being in the same shard. Won't be a problem with the guild store in a keep, because once you go there, you will always be in the same campaign. With fast travel, you just pop in and pop out buying what you want. But the open world will be a different story. Still could be something to try with trading spots.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    well at least there is a reason to hold bases/keeps in this game

gameplay > graphics

• MoLoK_MoLoK_ Member UncommonPosts: 307

Lets see what we got...

• Personal loot. No more rolling against others. You get what you get and if stuff aint BoP you can trade it.
    • Accountwide bank. Alla your chars share the same bank. This means items freely can be moved from one campaign to another. This also means you can move items from one alliance to another.
    • Restricted AHs. If your guild have over 50 members you can set up a guild only auction house. If your guild captures a keep your guilds AH can be accessed by anyone in your alliance and campaign.

Im at least very happe that we did not get a Diablo III style AH. That would have killed the game instantly.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843

Incentives to PvP, giving a meaning to PvP instead of silly death-matches/battlegrounds/mini-games is what PvPers are asking for and complain about lack thereof in every MMO I've played since DAoC.

It looks like Bethesda did their PvP homework.

This is a good thing.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

Most of the larger guilds consist of 80% strangers.  The kind of guilds that invite people simply for status and increasing the guild level.  I see very few tight-knit guilds and those usually consist of close friends outside the game.  In other words, I don't see reason for complaint.

• vort3xvort3x Member Posts: 129

On contrary, I think this is a great idea.

Finally something to fight for in MMORPGs, it kindoff reminds me of castle owning and seeding in Lineage2. And yeah, L2 was a fun game for me, because there was always something worth fighting for...

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

This is a very interesting idea, actually. It gives some purpose to a guild system and even further purpose to be part of a number of guilds. I can see many trading guilds, crafting guilds, social guilds, etc popping up for economy reasons. This also gives some greater meaning to hold certain areas in PvP, and places importance to those areas. Instead of just zerging around and playing musical towers with enemies (like in GW2), there will be a reason to defend and hold areas.

Additionally, holding the AH towers should have some type of a net bonus to crafters too. Give them a reason to enter hostile lands for profit. 

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Isn't that the very definition of meaningful pvp?

Personally I always felt that knocking down someone's castle and then they knock down your castle is meaningless. It's just endless tug of war (the same exact thing happens in BG's).

Well, there you go, a reason to pvp AND to craft in one fell swoop. You want to control the tower to be able to set up shop, then you want the crafters in your guild to craft stuff to sell, and then you need to continue to defend it to continue being on top of the economy.

It's a great way to get everyone involved.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I think this is an awesome idea. Real risk vs reward is something this genre has been lacking for far too long. PvP is boring and pointless without consequences.