Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Game Enhancements and LOTRO

EcnaliEcnali Member CommonPosts: 49

Well, the New Game Enhancements in LOTRO have arrived - after playing my RK I've come to the realization that there are so many things wrong that I'm beginning to regret buying the expansion!

They want to give us trait trees, fine, at least make them work at the level of WoW; how a newer game could screw things up so badly is beyond me.  your skills are not remembered in which slot they were in when switching between builds! Some of the RK skills which were removed - new skills have been put in with the same icons!

Truthfully, I like the RK changes which I've  been picking up from my first level increase (85-86) but, that's another thing, why in the hell did they increase level cap and also make such huge changes to game play at  the same time?

NGE - not for me...but, as with everything, we have no choice but to get used to it. Or go back to EVE (or whatever).

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I believe the game is being put on the back burner, with its development budget being cut. So there is a lot of reused stuff (and apparently why the soundtrack is not orchestrated, only synthesized) and it's rather buggy/not finished.

(That's also why the skills were taken away from characters and put into trees, in the future, all they have to do is raise the cap, no more class development, people just go further down the other trees, getting their old skills back)

And I think Rift probably has the best skill trees. This seems to borrow it from SWTOR more than anything else.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• IMBanksIMBanks Member UncommonPosts: 75

Just passed by my Warden, Gurgeh, this morning lying prone in the gutter.

I tried to rouse him, but he kept muttering something about the loss of joy and elegance, that the only thing left to him was endlessly spamming taunts and dps for aggro using his new mind-numbing innate +300% threat.  He then broke down and cried, saying all he really wanted in life was to lose that last 'r', but now finds he's grown 4 more of them...

Sad, really.

• urbanosurbanos Member UncommonPosts: 13

My rotation after HD update:

Hunter: pen, pen, mob is dead; pen, pen, mob is dead, pen, pen, mob is dead.

Lore-master: pet-attack, mob is dead, pet- attack, mob is dead, pet-attack, mob is dead.

Combat in LOTRO is now faster than combat in SWG during NGE period. I hope this is not WAI and damage modifiers will be fixed.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    A lot of people asked for faster combat (including me). Have not tried it on my Cappy yet, but it used to be painfully slow and totally unrealistic. I like the changes so far, but yeah the LM pet is way overpowered (nerf incoming).
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364

i feel OP AS HELL on my LM , my pet 1 shot mobs on my lvl (low lvl , still....) , is funny for a while , having your pet 1 shot mobs

on my minstrle i can pull 20+ mobs and kill them all with easy.....

and u dont want to know how many mobs i can manage as guardian / champion D: