Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: More Beta Invites Headed to an Inbox Near You

Comments

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    I don't believe people are getting invited, there would be more leaked gameplay videos otherwise.

Wouldn't the test actually have to begin first?

Owned !

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I didn't get one :(  Oh well maybe next time.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    Finally, I had completely forgotten about this game too.

LOL right? This game is not even on my radar, then my wife and I both get an invite this morning. Doubt I will even play it at this point. I am very against these preview BETA's. They are usually BS and no testing gets done, unless is it by accident.

Anyway, just sort of funny to me.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I got a second "weekend beta" invite. Screw it. Not wasting my internet downloading the entire game again just for 2 days of play time. 
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by superconducting

Me to buddies:

I met this babe a few months ago. She was a little shy but she finally gave me the key to her place. Now we're spending the weekend together!

That's pretty brilliant.  Me, I'm old and married.  I just tell the truth.

"I'll be nerdin' it up with other nerds in a video game all weekend once the in-laws leave.  Don't call me."

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Got mine at 5am this morning thank you!!!! :D

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• CirandraCirandra Member UncommonPosts: 46
    If any1 got more than 1 invite & want to share it please pm me..Thank you!
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by logicbomb82
    I use to get into almost all the beta's and some times very early. I started playing MMO's in 1999 with Asheron's Call and have been in  tons of betas since then, even some Alpha's.  I have found since I turned 31  I rarely get a beta invite. Has there ever been any research done on what age range  companies prefer to test there product?

I'm 29 and over the course of a decade I have maybe received invites for the betas of 2 games. It's not like I'm doing anything to tip them off that I only freeview games, I'm a very conscientious bug tester, however, I theorize that because my pc is always sitting at mid range specs that my chances are generally lower.

• cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    got mine last night.  its really not beta its only a beta event for the weekend.  but should be interesting
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Signup to Beta since day one with a perfect "score" in their rudimentary signup-system.

Inbox remains empty.

The tears be flowin'.

• DeiderDeider Member Posts: 15
    Im in!
  • picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    no invite but still heavily hooked by skyrim, so no big deal! image
  • HawthornHawthorn Member UncommonPosts: 43

Got mine at 1am EST today so they are still sending them out.

Originally posted by logicbomb82
    I use to get into almost all the beta's and some times very early. I started playing MMO's in 1999 with Asheron's Call and have been in  tons of betas since then, even some Alpha's.  I have found since I turned 31  I rarely get a beta invite. Has there ever been any research done on what age range  companies prefer to test there product?

Honestly don't think age is a factor.  I'm 47.

Originally posted by shalissar

I'm 29 and over the course of a decade I have maybe received invites for the betas of 2 games. It's not like I'm doing anything to tip them off that I only freeview games, I'm a very conscientious bug tester, however, I theorize that because my pc is always sitting at mid range specs that my chances are generally lower.

Yea sometimes companies do look at specs.  Blizzard likes inviting my factory pc account to betas alot more than my high end machine one.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by muppetpilot

I've been in the Beta for a while now.  Not to be a wet blanket here, but thus far I am rather unimpressed.  If the combat doesn't graduate from typical TES fare (clunky animations and all, yep they're included), I wonder how long this game's sub model will even last. 

If I could hand my Beta key over to one of you I would.  All I can say to those of you waiting is good luck, and I hope you see more in it than I have.

I've played lord of the rings online since one of the earlier closed betas, there really isn't anything worse.

Well, Morrowind's combat animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITkh93MGW18

and I still play morrowind. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Woot!! Got mine! See you guys ingame !! image
  • DrinkingbearDrinkingbear Member Posts: 60
    Me and my brother both got ours yesterday. See you guys there. Beer time.)
  • DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    Enjoy the beta for the ones that got in this time if this will be your first time testing it. However don't get over excited as ESO will not be the Elder Scrolls experience you're expecting.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Got one for my GF yesterday afternoon, but didnt get mine until 1am Eastern. So they were sent out over a very long period of time. Ive already played previously, but im excited to be playing with people this weekend. So far, I have only tried the "solo" experience, which plays very much like a TES single-player game, and almost nothing like an MMO. Judging by videos alone, the group content seems to be more like a TES co-op experience, more like SWTOR was, than anything resembling MMO, but we will see this weekend. 

As for excitement for the game itself, I havent really been hyped for it for months. If they stick with the sub payment model, noone in my guild will be playing. No use paying a sub for a single player game. If they go B2P, with a 40-60 dollar box, nearly half or more of the guild would most likely play. 

Sadly for them, beta isnt giving them any indication of interest either. Right now there are no new games to play, FF14 being the latest released, and many are getting tired with it, as there hasnt been any new content since its relaunch, and none scheduled for another month. But next year will be a busy one for MMOs, with Landmark, WildStar, probably ArcheAge too, all coming in early to mid year, I just dont see anyone playing ESO.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Nearly lost all hope, but this morning I had a present!  Come on Friday! (aka server crash day!)
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I will trade a wildstar code for one these. anyone interested mail me.
  • IrishbeardIrishbeard Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by Goozin
    I got one, pretty stoked.

This

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Don't wait until Friday to download the client. It will be slow on Friday.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    I got my beta invite last night. I am going into this beta a bit guarded since I was excited then burned by Square Enix with FFXIV. I have not been following the development of ESO to much by choice. For course I am a huge mmo fan and I have played a number of the Elder Scrolls games. Oblivion was probably my favorite but I never really committed to those game. They always felt flat to me with no other players in there. I have said for year I would love to play an Elder Scrolls game with other players so this weekend I will get my first chance. I am excited but guarded and I go into the beta with little expectations. 
  • Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    I got 2 beta invites to 2 different emails last night. I only need one. Might be interested in trading one of mine for a Wildstar beta invite =D
  • golfplaya30golfplaya30 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Got my invite cant wait to get in game!!

I have the slowest internet in history, I hope to be fully dl by friday lol!