Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50 ++ : Your list of dungeons

RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

with the new merc system I'm having a lot of fun focusing on just 'dungeon' content in Everquest 2.  I recently did the Cazic Thule timeline, or at least part of it, and I'm just about done at least some things in there and I'm lvl 50. 

What is your list of fav dungeons with good loots and exps?  I know that eventually i'll level to 70 for the Estate of unrest.....where should I go before / after that?

So far I haven't been too fond of the Solesk's eye or whatever.

Comments

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Two rarely visited places "The Forsaken City" on Isle of Mara lvl 62-70 and Mistmoore Catacombs Lvl 70 both are very fun especially the catacombs. Also the Silent City 50-65 has some fun quests and a interesting layout.

Have Fun

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Rekindle

with the new merc system I'm having a lot of fun focusing on just 'dungeon' content in Everquest 2.  I recently did the Cazic Thule timeline, or at least part of it, and I'm just about done at least some things in there and I'm lvl 50. 

What is your list of fav dungeons with good loots and exps?  I know that eventually i'll level to 70 for the Estate of unrest.....where should I go before / after that?

So far I haven't been too fond of the Solesk's eye or whatever.

Solesk's eye is almost overwhelming how large it is.  Even with floaty cloaks that lets you bypass most of it it's still pretty big.  I remember having to fight down it for quest updates and it was a gaming session just to fight to the bottom to talk to Naggy with a good group of 50's.

Have you tried Obelisk of the Lost Souls?  It's old content from launch and I don't think people go there much anymore but it's a interesting public zone because you have to unlock access to each of the areas.

The Clefts of Rujark and Living Tombs would be other places to go.

You can also start to do those scaling instances zones at 50 like Cavern of the Afflicted, Scion of Ice, The Crucible and such.

Not sure if you have seen this page or not.  http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Zones_By_Level

I think it's a bit out of date however but looks mostly right.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

If you don't know about this, then

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Timeline

The Kingdom of Sky dungeons and instances are great once you get 60+.  In your 50s i would explore Klakanon and Tunaria, especially if you are an old EQ player those are Akanon and Felwithe.  

Oh and as for Estate of Unrest-if you are an EQ1 player you are in for a treat.  Its fantastic.  Very tricky to get through, youll probably run for a guide at some point.  but unlike some other places, they NAILED this zone from a nostalgia standpoint.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

full list   (both public and instanced)

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Timeline

public dungeons, Permafrost is ok but too windy for my tastes

(or better said: it seems "mob light" for dungeon journey)

for mid 50s, I like Meldraths Mine in Steamfont

for 60, i like The Court of Innovation in Steamfont

for level 65-70,  Halls of Fate, Den of Devourer in Bonemire

make sure to hit Unrest if you've never been - it's my favorite EQ2 instanced dungeon for upper 70s

http://www.zam.com/wiki/EQ2_Guide_Estate_of_Unrest_walk_thru

requires at least 2 people due to unlocking the door feature

(or one person if you 2box two game clients and can click the door switch at same time)

NeK castle is also fun but requires scaling your level down to mid to uppers 30s

Deathfist Citadel is fun at least once -- mid to upper 30s

Obselisk of Lost Souls,  upper 30s to 40s -- Lost Souls has tons of nameds,  some are level 50 at lowest level

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

I think unrest for the original eq is my favorite zone of all time, so yeah i'm looking forward to going there....but not so much that I blow by 20 levels of good dungeon crawling first.

ty for the infos.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Shard of Love is for levels 50-90

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Shard_of_Love:_A_Moment_of_Valor

the outdoor dungeon scales to your current level

entrance is on Everfrost docks - all loot is appearance gear / fluff items

Originally posted by Rekindle

I think unrest for the original eq is my favorite zone of all time, so yeah i'm looking forward to going there....but not so much that I blow by 20 levels of good dungeon crawling first.

ty for the infos.

If you are a gold member you can set you aa to 100% and lock your level while gaining AA.

Additionally, you can chornomentor down to lower levels.  Dint explore Crushbone at level? mentor down and do it and earn exp!

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Hey Rekindle glad you like the game:)  Once you get decent gear you can mentor and do old raid zones,you can actually get some real nice appearance gear from the Kingdom of Sky raid zones.

Also you will get nice aa doing this and do the Mark of Awakened quest in KoS.It will take you to Sancuim of Scaleborn,Palace of the Awakened and Halls of Fate then 4 trials.There should be some level 95's doing this quest too so maybe one will mentor you and give nice aa as its needed for a quest line in Tears of Veeshan.

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Kaladim is top notch, also.