Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting focusable games?

Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80

Ok, so I was wondering if theres a game where focusing Crafting/Professions is a viable option.

newer the better. But the main goal in all of this is to craft.

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

The only game (and an old one) I could remember is Istaria:chronicles of the gifted. WIth lots of crafting schools and ability to pick all of them -well, only 1 may be active- and also player-driven economy (no shiny armour in the game shop for just 99,99$) it may be an option for you.

However, in this game you will need to do some fighting, maybe just to get to crafting materials...

• Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80
    well that was a painfully short list, thanks anyway.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

There are a few crafting focused and crafting only guilds in Mortal Online.

I am part of a pvp focused guild but spend much of my time as a full time crafter for them.

Mortal Online allows you to focus a character 100% on crafting or gathering specific materials.   There are a lot of options and one person with all character slots could not master all crafting/gathering professions.

The game, particularly the crafting, has a very rough learning curve and the occasional annoying bug.  It isn't a highly polished product but it is leaps and bounds above most MMORPGs if someone wants to be a dedicated crafter.

As far as polished, much more bug-free games goes, EVE Online allows players to either craft, transport goods, or play the market full time.  It is a great game and if you like sci-fi and the idea of playing a ship rather than a character it is amazing.

Avoid either game if the idea of loss or pvp is a big turn off.

• Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80

You win, payday comes, ill be getting Mortal Online. I am over the freaking moon you suggested that.

I play Dark Souls and I did a couple of challenges, as in, I tried it as a Hardcore, i died, i deleted character, started again.

I embrace the idea.