Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG's EQn preview before the reveal (Question for the staff inside)

n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452
You know, it just occurred to me that I have no idea what MMORPG or any other website for that matter was shown at E3 to warrant the game being given Best in Show. I know full well what the reveal was, but is it ok to detail the flow of the presentation you were shown now? Was it the exact same thing we were shown at the reveal? Apologies if this has actually been posted elsewhere.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the mmorpg.com writeup on launch day of SOE Live,

was pre-written based on what they saw at E3

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/feature/7640/The-Future-of-the-MMORPG-Lies-in-Norrath.html

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Nadia

the mmorpg.com writeup on launch day of SOE Live,

was pre-written based on what they saw at E3

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/feature/7640/The-Future-of-the-MMORPG-Lies-in-Norrath.html

I read through the whole thing and it was a lot of what was already known.

Except, for this one bit, right in the beginning.

"But let's be clear here: EQN will sport the trinity and traditional class roles. Healers, Support, Crowd Control, DPS, Tanks, rejoice!"

This is to me great news, and a wise move by SOE. It would have been horrible to go in any other direction than the trinity. Thank you for not doing that.

The rest is meh.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud
    Originally posted by Nadia the mmorpg.com writeup on launch day of SOE Live, was pre-written based on what they saw at E3 http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/feature/7640/The-Future-of-the-MMORPG-Lies-in-Norrath.html  

"But let's be clear here: EQN will sport the trinity and traditional class roles. Healers, Support, Crowd Control, DPS, Tanks, rejoice!"

This is to me great news, and a wise move by SOE. It would have been horrible to go in any other direction than the trinity. Thank you for not doing that.

The rest is meh.

They never said it wouldn't. The multi-class system just takes the pressure off of the trinity system as any character can fulfill any role if needed. They also want to make combat more AI driven and less tank and spank and dodge the big circles.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Originally posted by Nadia the mmorpg.com writeup on launch day of SOE Live, was pre-written based on what they saw at E3 http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/952/feature/7640/The-Future-of-the-MMORPG-Lies-in-Norrath.html  

The rest is meh.

They never said it wouldn't. The multi-class system just takes the pressure off of the trinity system as any character can fulfill any role if needed. They also want to make combat more AI driven and less tank and spank and dodge the big circles.

I'm pretty sure that they already said that due to the enhanced AI there will not be any tanks (low damage high defense taunting classes).  Taunting will not work on the enhanced AI thus any aggro drawn will most likely be solely a function of the amount of healing done or dps.