Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game deserves better than the lazy idiots running it

spengosspengos Member Posts: 9

Seriously, I've never seen a worse supported game. The forum is dead, no help there. Support ticket system is also crap.

If they can't be bothered then why don't they just sell the game to someone else. This has the potential to be an amazing game and a genuine F2P alternative to WoW and many other AAA titles. But gPotato just don't care.

In case you're wondering why I'm posting this, it's because for about a week I've been trying to subscribe to the P2P server, but despite my best efforts to GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY they're payment system is completely broken and even after contacting support they seem unwilling to help take my money.

We should all club together and buy the game from gPotato. How much you think it's worth?

Comments

• ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

1) it cost over 2mill USD to make

2) the cash shop, although shitty and terribly planned, has still pulled in thousands without a doubt, so let's add another 20-30,000 USD to that

You'd have to give gPotato more than three million dollars to get the rights to Allods, and that's if they're willing to sell. For a sure-thing buy you'd need to offer them something to the tune of 6-8mill USD. You're not just buying the initial game, you're buying the return on investment that they would be losing by selling it to you.

Now, if you're so angry about gPotato having payment issues, try using a different payment system? I know that with google wallet it took them two days, but with a visa card it's practically instant.

• mattidoremattidore Member Posts: 31
    I've asked them I want a refund on my pending payment. If they proceed to ask me bullshit questions, I'll just contact my bank or credit card company. Gpotato is so fucking retarded.
  • KremchekKremchek Member Posts: 49

I'm a banker...

You cannot just get money back if you "call the bank". The bank cannot cancel your purchase. If you have any form of agreement with them, the bank won't give you your money back. The best thing they can do either way is to dispute the charges with MasterCard or Visa. Your carrier will send a dispute to the game company to ask them to prove they don't have to give you your money back. If they can prove it somehow, you will not get your money back. If you have a contract with them or if they have a no refund clause anywhere on their site, you will not get it back unless they choose to give it back.

The bank does not do anything but file the dispute. The Credit/Debit Card company attempts to resolve your dispute. They don't care whether you get your funds back either way. Don't make a purchase without understanding the refund policy in full...or you will end up paying for something you don't get, I can assure you. I deal with it every day.

• mattidoremattidore Member Posts: 31
    whatever. Point is, I'm getting my money back from these fuckers one way or another. Worst company in the business.
  • moomoo1234moomoo1234 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I played that game for a while. It was extremely fun IMO. I love the lore and steampunkish setting. Flying around in space with an actual crew is immensely entertaining. But I really got sick of how gpotato ran it as well. It's pure pay2win and they obviously are raking in enough dough from the current players, so new people get shafted hardcore.
  • huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Ive been a player since the freaking game launched. They have made major improvements to the game. But what really kills the game is how they handle the item shop. They want you to spend hundreds for a freaking mount. The manabike scam did it for me. I dont wan to do  astral runs on regurgitated levels. Lack of content. They are killing this game and are running out  of innovation.

Edgar F Greenwood

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by mattidore
    whatever. Point is, I'm getting my money back from these fuckers one way or another. Worst company in the business.

I like stories....how will you be doing this ?

Your money is gone bro. Enjoy the useless junk you have received. Webzen and Gpotato strikes again.

Edgar F Greenwood

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

WUT!!! people still play this game? I...I...I do not understand...WTF

I guess, I made the right decision about uninstalling the game from the first patch.

bah

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by newbihack

WUT!!! people still play this game? I...I...I do not understand...WTF

I guess, I made the right decision about uninstalling the game from the first patch.

bah

The first patch? That wasn't that bad was it? Was is Perfume and Fear Of Death?

Actually the game isn't bad, it's just tedious unless you're willing to spend tons of money on it, just to be out of things to do.

Play as long as you're having fun, but don't pay (much). When you get hooked, they'll reel you in.

imageimage
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Well that game was ok, but the p2w cash shop they introduced years ago destroyed the game at that time and it never recovered. 
    This game is so shallow once you hit endgame. Nothing but astral runs wich is fun until you get sick of doing them all the time. Gpotato and Webzen are looking to strike again with there new mounts and class change. F2p players beware, your about to get hosed.  This is the worst item shop scam out there when it comes to f2p games. Play stwor or gw2.

Edgar F Greenwood

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

Yup, worst customer service ever. ive create tickets asked something about my account half a year ago, twice, never replied.

LOL

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by spengos

Seriously, I've never seen a worse supported game. The forum is dead, no help there. Support ticket system is also crap.

If they can't be bothered then why don't they just sell the game to someone else. This has the potential to be an amazing game and a genuine F2P alternative to WoW and many other AAA titles. But gPotato just don't care.

In case you're wondering why I'm posting this, it's because for about a week I've been trying to subscribe to the P2P server, but despite my best efforts to GIVE THESE PEOPLE MONEY they're payment system is completely broken and even after contacting support they seem unwilling to help take my money.

We should all club together and buy the game from gPotato. How much you think it's worth?

Cash shop games....gotta be careful man.   That game looked pretty neat day 1....I liked the concepts...but it went into blah land very quickly.

• VallistaVallista Member UncommonPosts: 282

I'm down for buying it

• EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62

It is no longer a G-Potato game.  That may be your problem!

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Espion
    *snip*

It is no longer a G-Potato game.  That may be your problem!

Mail.ru was always the one calling the shots ever since the dreaded first perfume patch. The game got as heavily pay to win as it is because of mail.ru, it's not going to get better just because gPotato decided they could do without this kind of bad publicity.

If anyhing, mail.ru will try to milk it even more than gPotato.

imageimage
    Well reagardless of who called the shots. Im glad Gpotato is gone from this game. Now for some damage control  to bring this game back to life and every thing will be good.

Edgar F Greenwood

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I actually played this game for a week or so and enjoyed the graphics, setting, and controls quite a bit.  If I knew that there were going to be more people playing (I actually did see more people than I expected running around even then), and that there were no STUPID restrictions on things, I'd download it again for sure.
  • SimoSkimoSimoSkimo Member UncommonPosts: 3

I started playing Allods online since 2011, the shop mall ruined the game, it was free to play then slowly truned into pay to win game, i dont mind paying some money time to time which i was doing, but when you buy an item for 2000 crystals from the shop mall and then after few months you find that the price has been lowered less than the half you feel like you have been scammed and fooled...also i quited this game 2 times, last time was few weeks ago and decided to never go back to play it again even tho i have a decent char on it, all of this because of the prospector cards event they bring, to win new mounts, this even is a total scam and so random...so yeah bye bye Allods

P.S: im not a pro player who knows alot about mmorpg games, thats just my point of view and how i see the game