Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG...I'm so excited, I just subscribed to this awesome...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Local library...Now I have so many great books to read with epic stories. I can also develop my character and learn whatever I want, it's so amazing!

Thx god....I have something to kill the time until 2015+ and beyond....

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    k
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

The best part is how I can also meet lovely girls and share the stories together. It will be great multiplayer experience!

P.S: Books and libraries seem to be the future. No one can compete with their sub cost for what they offer.

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

---

• EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Kopogero

The best part is how I can also meet lovely girls and share the stories together. It will be great multiplayer experience!

An open world pvp game that punishes you for open world pvping. Not sure how great that will be.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    On rails experience and over use of scripted events. I like the creative mind better.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

http://www.gutenberg.org/

With this fancy interwebs thing, you can bring a ton of those books with you to a coffee house or other meeting place where you can talk with others about the books you're reading!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Sounds more like something that belongs as a Facebook status update, than a post irrelevant to most of us.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by StonesDK
    Sounds more like something that belongs as a Facebook status update, than a post irrelevant to most of us.

Actually, this is more useful, informative and helpful thread than the 95% others I see floating around here. This thread helps the community to find altrnative ways to entertain themself in these dire and grim MMO times. The only difference between reading a book and playing your typical themepark MMO is the graphics. In the MMORPG you see them the way they are displayed, in the book your imagination can be your graphical limit.

In the book I'm also part of a world and I meet different character that I get fond over the time....it's truly a great and epic experience. I believe a lot of gamers will go back to the book stores as soon as they catch up with life after they've experienced all the great movies, tv series and other good games that are left out there (and lately there are fewer and fewer)

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

You don't need the local library for that.

Get yourself a kindle and buy books from Amazon. If you don't want to buy books, you can find other ways to get books on your kindle.

See, there is ALWAYS a way to do it from behind your computer ;-)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Encephalitis

An open world pvp game that punishes you for open world pvping. Not sure how great that will be.

OP, you skipped over the most important part of this thread.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Its one of these social games with housing and stuff ... you know ^^

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I sense a thread lock in the near future.

Smile

• EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Aww cmon now, don't be like that. How often is there a thread on here that isn't just an infinite back and forth of personal bias. A good nonsensical thread every now and then isn't such a bad thing.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by StonesDK

Actually, this is more useful, informative and helpful thread than the 95% others I see floating around here. This thread helps the community to find altrnative ways to entertain themself in these dire and grim MMO times.

I just think it is friggin scary that people talk about books as an alternative way of entertainment. It is kind of the original,the source from which all other kinds of entertainment stem from in most peoples worlds. Not some fringe event.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I'm happy for you OP. I actually wish more people would hit up their local libraries and grab some books to read. I enjoy having an expanded imagination and large pool of facts to draw upon from the years of reading I have done so far in my life, and to think I still have so many more years to enjoy these wonderful things!
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Aww cmon now, don't be like that. How often is there a thread on here that isn't just an infinite back and forth of personal bias. A good nonsensical thread every now and then isn't such a bad thing.

I don't care either way, but I notice the forum mod usually locks threads like this.

Smile

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Meh libraries. Books that smell of the previous reader, and you can see at what page they had coffee with cookies. Nah, the 21st century makes it possible for everyone to own a pristine digital copy.
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I don't care either way, but I notice the forum mod usually locks threads like this.

ya whoever works this shift seems to be pretty uptight.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Local library...Now I have so many great books to read with epic stories. I can also develop my character and learn whatever I want, it's so amazing!

Thx god....I have something to kill the time until 2015+ and beyond....

OMG! You have to pay for library access? Poor you!

imageimage
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

That will be a world of daggers and backstabbing.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• page975page975 Member Posts: 312

P.S: Books and libraries seem to be the future. No one can compete with their sub cost for what they offer.

But is that lovely girl really a girl or just another guy ?

• Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383
    What is the point of this thread? I don't know what to argue with you about....
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Meh, everything in there is a WoW clone..........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Local library...Now I have so many great books to read with epic stories. I can also develop my character and learn whatever I want, it's so amazing!Thx god....I have something to kill the time until 2015+ and beyond....

Cool story bro

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

This discussion has been closed.