Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Boost to 90 and play immediately; available only for one character."

ConsuetudoConsuetudo Member UncommonPosts: 191

In World of Warcraft's next expansion, Warlords of Draenor, we notice this peculiar snippet of text. The implication to me is that we wouldn't need to buy Cataclysm or Pandas in order to enjoy this next expansion, because our characters can skip across all that content and become the level 90 that is ready for the new expansion. 

Regardless of whether that perception is true, it seems to me to be the factor that would lead me to playing this game again: those two expansions are so inferior in my mind that they aren't worth paying for, and if I could gladly skip over them, I would do so. 

Is my perception right? Or will I still have to spend 100 dollars on two games I don't care to play? 

Comments

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805
    Originally posted by Consuetudo

In World of Warcraft's next expansion, Warlords of Draenor, we notice this peculiar snippet of text. The implication to me is that we wouldn't need to buy Cataclysm or Pandas in order to enjoy this next expansion, because our characters can skip across all that content and become the level 90 that is ready for the new expansion. 

Regardless of whether that perception is true, it seems to me to be the factor that would lead me to playing this game again: those two expansions are so inferior in my mind that they aren't worth paying for, and if I could gladly skip over them, I would do so. 

Is my perception right? Or will I still have to spend 100 dollars on two games I don't care to play? 

WoW i have no idea actually.

but honestly arnt the expansion right now idioticly cheap? why not just buy em. the world of pandaria is actually quite a nice scene. 

and with or without youl have kung fu panda's rolling around anyway.

and you can skip it with 1 char and 1 char only. 100 dollars ? seriosuly? u guys are getting ripped of then

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    This is their way of selling many extra copies of the expansion. There are some people who will buy like 10 copies and have instant 90's of every class. If ever there was a time to say WoW has jumped the shark, it is now.
  • ConsuetudoConsuetudo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by xeniar

but honestly arnt the expansion right now idioticly cheap? why not just buy em. the world of pandaria is actually quite a nice scene. 

and you can skip it with 1 char and 1 char only. 100 dollars ? seriosuly? u guys are getting ripped of then

they've really been made cheaper? My perception is that all games cost like 60 dollars. 

they've really been made cheaper? My perception is that all games cost like 60 dollars. 

im not sure but me in holland i can buy cataclysm for a whopping 5 euro's and mists for 27 euro's thos are the cheapest available. wich is 43 dollars total.

You should snoop around abit.

• SilvermarielSilvermariel Member UncommonPosts: 6
    All accounts already have cata as standard, so you wouldn't need to buy that one for sure.  Whether WoD will require MoP hasn't explicitly been stated, but as they traditionally have done so, I would assume you would need to have it to upgrade to WoD.  That being said, it shouldn't been too hard to pick it up on sale somewhere between now and then I'd guess.
  • ConsuetudoConsuetudo Member UncommonPosts: 191

im not sure but me in holland i can buy cataclysm for a whopping 5 euro's and mists for 27 euro's thos are the cheapest available. wich is 43 dollars total.

You should snoop around abit.

I suppose you're right, the cost for both expansions on amazon even is about 40-50 dollars. I guess it's not as bad as I thought. Maybe I will come back for the next expansion after all. 

Originally posted by Silvermariel
    All accounts already have cata as standard, so you wouldn't need to buy that one for sure.  Whether WoD will require MoP hasn't explicitly been stated, but as they traditionally have done so, I would assume you would need to have it to upgrade to WoD.  That being said, it shouldn't been too hard to pick it up on sale somewhere between now and then I'd guess.

yup. also check your acoutn status? it shows what type of game your having. mine being mists CE it might say cataclysm for u. so thats 1 down then.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

It was mentioned in an interview ( i think it was with mmo-champion, not sure ) that they're considering just selling level 90's outright, will be interesting to see if they do.

• TakooTakoo Member CommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by newbinator
    This is their way of selling many extra copies of the expansion. There are some people who will buy like 10 copies and have instant 90's of every class. If ever there was a time to say WoW has jumped the shark, it is now.

What difference does it make at this point tho? I mean the game has been nothing but high level end game content for a long time now? I am pretty sure starting at level 1 is a lonely place to be.

Besides Titan is only 2 years away so I guess they better milk as much money as possible.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Agoden

It was mentioned in an interview ( i think it was with mmo-champion, not sure ) that they're considering just selling level 90's outright, will be interesting to see if they do.

it would not surprise me if they decide this.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by Takoo
    Originally posted by newbinator

What difference does it make at this point tho? I mean the game has been nothing but high level end game content for a long time now? I am pretty sure starting at level 1 is a lonely place to be.

Besides Titan is only 2 years away so I guess they better milk as much money as possible.

If you think Titan is 2 years away.  You are going to be really disappointed.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

isnt selling instant max level kinda insulting to the lore writers and quest makers? i mean they make all this content and stuff only to have it skipped over instantly. sure its just 1 toon but other then die hards who want every class/race/kitchen sink max level whats the point of replaying the content on any other toon but the max level?

hell why stop there.. why not just sell a sub based system that plays WoW for you :/ may as well if you start selling max level toons