Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I crazy

2»

Comments

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by maxima29
    Originally posted by sfc1971
    Originally posted by Frostvein

No. Mostly because the class stories only make up 15 to 20% of the leveling process and it would require you to replay 80 or so percent of the game just to see them.

Well I would disagree with this statement.  You are always on the story lines.  While you are on the story lines you pick up new quest depending on if your a sub or f2p that determines how many extra quests you need to do.  Tell me one game that has better stories then SWTOR and tell me one game that has more story lines during the leveling process.  

I quit when I saw a seemingly endless corridor filled with middle rank mobs spaced just far enough apart to ensure a slow crawl through them between me and the next story bit that would tell about 3 lines in what increasingly seemed like a needlessly drawn out story.

It is not that the story doesn't have its good points (and a LOT of bad points) but that the amount of time needed to get there is just to much and frankly not much fun. 

The problem ain't the amount of story but the tedium of the combat. 

I guess some of you will keep twisting things around just to keep the bashing going.  I thought there wasn't enough content?  I thought you out level the content? Now your saying there is too much content between story lines?  

Well ill I guess it's a matter of opinion and some clearly are more bias then others and over a million don't think its tedium.  Why do you think a major complaint is the restriction to the amount of toons f2p get?  Because leveling in Swtor is fun!!  If it was so horrible as you claim people would careless about alts.  Give me a few mmos where leveling alts is not a little tideous?  They all can be and Swtor isn't a different except their stories are superior over other mmos .  

mobs doesnt equal content

yes , the stories are superior to other mmos( which doesnt say much), but the boring, repetitive combat  is between the player  and the story

and that is why so many people left

other mmos , that would have the players do the same, usually reward a good shiny for it

tthat kind of design is mostly used  in elite dungeons by other devs

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Am I crazy for not feeling compelled to play the game, even though it is free, to play through the class stories but I'm probably going to watch them on youtube instead?

Guess so, never played more fun game with so many different stories and all voiced ... wow. Well, throne is split between Wow and Swtor. Only two games I can immagine to play for 10 or 20 years to come. Just hope next expansion will bring also class specific questing. And tears to haters that would love to see swtor dead. 

The "throne" is split between WoW and SWTOR? What throne exactly are you talking about, MMO with highest number of subscribers? WoW is sitting on it, the rest wish they could be sitting where WoW is right now. There is only a split between WoW and all the rest together. SWTOR isn't anywhere near WoW.

imageimage

true..only two Things can kill wow

titan , and blizzard

a huge, open World, filled with scores of easy mobs

and some of the most EPIC music in history, this is on par with bach and Haydn

no Wonder, that theyre still number one

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Am I crazy for not feeling compelled to play the game, even though it is free, to play through the class stories but I'm probably going to watch them on youtube instead?

No. If you really don't like the game then no amount of free stuff is going to compel you to play it. It just isn't your cup of tea and there is nothing wrong with that. Frankly I've never been a fan of some of the games that the bashers of TOR hold up on huge mantels. We all can't like the same things otherwise life would be boring ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    *snip*

I guess some of you will keep twisting things around just to keep the bashing going.  I thought there wasn't enough content?  I thought you out level the content? Now your saying there is too much content between story lines?  

*snip

Grind =/= Content, far from it.

imageimage

yea, but somehow,the successful mmos always get us to grind anyway

grinding dailies , grinding reputation...whatever

and somehow, they made swtor feel very grindy

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    *snip*

*snip

Grind =/= Content, far from it.

too true, far better that they kill 100000000000001 boars in the forest than have to grind their way through side questsimage

the bonus missions in swtor is some of the worst content stretching, ive ever seen

in STO, they just give you a ton of XP, and hope, that you dont notice

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Frostvein

So, even if you level multiple classes, you can pick and choose where you go so the leveling process is varied - that isn't the case with SWTOR.

this is the exact same problem i found in Rift and Tera. Doing the exact same things at the exact same places with every character. That is not good.

People love to play these flash in the pan Theme park MMOs.  But after a few months (at best) it gets super old and boring.

yea,,thats why, all the top games are sandbox

and the small number of themepark games is shrinking, day by day

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by simplius

yea,,thats why, all the top games are sandbox

and the small number of themepark games is shrinking, day by day

Its not so easy to define it that way unfortunately, there are plenty of failed/failing Sandbox games as well as Themeparks, but its not because of the 'genre' so to speak, its because the games themselves are a bit rubbish. Success is really defined by how long the game survives with a positive bank balance, WoW may be in decline, but its due to the age of the game as much as anything, and even in decline its still way more successful than every other Themepark game out there, Eve online by comparison, has far far fewer players, but its still 'growing' even though its just as old a game, whether a game is a themepark or a sandbox is largely irrelevant, its quality of the game that will inevitably be the deciding factor.image

it was sarcasm

sandbox is a dying genre, how many sandbox games have been released lately?

and how many big themeparks?

even the best and biggest sandbox(EVE) gets surpassed by every themepark at release

sandbox is much harder to program , than themepark

and the community doesnt even get better, even with fewer players

look at EVE ,,players scamming each other, and the devs just call it meta gaming

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    I just can't get passed the static, dull and lifeless world. Some npc's don't even move. For the amount of money that was spent to create this game, they really did a shit job.

Then maybe a themepark mmo is not the game for you. Themeparks are all about restricted playgrounds and farm static spawns, then move from your questhub to the next one.

If you don't like the above, this game might not be it for you.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"