Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launcher will not open

Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168

I am trying to play the game but when i try and launch the launcher it will not launch it is just stuck in my task manager saying its running.

I have tried:

Uninstalling/reinstalling a few different ways.
Disabling firewall/anti-virus/security etc
Restarting computer

I am on windows 8.1 and not using on steam.

Thanks for help

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Best thing to do is contact customer support -- I believe they have live chat:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/support

• Tgiordano92Tgiordano92 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Thanks. I did send them a support ticket but I thought i would ask here to see which was faster.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Funcom support can't seem to find an answer to this yet...have tried many of their suggestions
  • ravenzclawzravenzclawz Member UncommonPosts: 11

If you are running 8.1 it wont work. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

If you are on just version 8 of windows. It appears that the latest Nvidia drivers are also causing some issues.

There is many people playing it on 8.1. I even did. I just deleted it and tried to reinstall. I also am on AMD GPU anyway

Might be a build version issue then. According to TSW GM.

Dont spose you have msi afterburner on your system ( shot in the dark as I recall someone else having issues with that and win8 and TSW ) ..

Na :/ Sucks though played a few days before and when I went to redownload I could not even get the patcher to launch to install the game.
    Bah annoying I bet.. Gimme a few and I will see what I can dig up for ya.. Cant be bothered to do much else.
    Extremely, thanks. Still waiting for another response from Support as well. My hope id dwindling down

Ok the latest beta drivers from Nvid are working fine ( obviously the win8 ones ).  Some reported issues with varying DX versions 11 or 9 and framerates but nothing concrete.

Also net framework make sure it is updated as Win 8 is on 4.5.

Hopefully some of it may help :)

Sadly no success :/
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Have you gone into the folder and tried clicking the various .exe files that launch the game?

TheSecretWorldDX11.exe, TheSecretWorld.exe, PatcherSetup.exe, ClientPatcher.exe, and even TheSecretWorld.mcl if you have windows media center installed?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

All mine had was ClientPatcher.exe. those other ones come afte ryou can launch/install the game. I ended up doing a system wipe after 3 days of troubleshooting with support.
  • VondrexVondrex Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I just tried to open TSW for the first time in 2 weeks, and I have this issue too, any fix yet?