Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

poll: Which content would bring you back to SWTOR / or if you play what do you want added to the gam

13»

Comments

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Incomparable

-Improve on the legacy system. E.g., make rewards for end game more accessible for alts. As it is now, having to do pvp gear grinds for more than 1 character is giving up on a social life since it would be impossible to do in the limited time frame before the new pvp gear is as added as well, undoing all previous work.

-Reduce the pvp and raid gear grind. The only reason to have these rediculous grinds is lack of content... well that had a whole MMO to consider on how to make their game more replayable instead of funnelling content only at the end one peice at the time. If they made their world more interactable with existing system that are shaped with random events, player npc alignment, and systems that dictate predispoistions fo certain areas to indicate/predcite certain outcomes and how to capitalize on it... all the while have some sort of long term goal.

- Mini games - pazaak, bounty hunting, swoop racing

- Gambling

- dynamic raids to redo more... but not for gear (since gear should be attainted in 1 try or max 2 tries) but for;1. collecting trophies, taming pets for other mini games (housing/traps), and rare titles in compeition with others such as finishing it at a certain time.... solo mode etc

- Player bounties

- Synergize every other/new aspect in the game to be for pve/pvp. For example the new space combat is integrated with class/world stories. Mini games also with world/class stories. So we gamble with NPCs.

-Player made content with actual real and easy to use dev tools. The same ones that they would use in their company essentially, and not silly ones like they offer to make CS custom maps which at first have an annoying learning curve to even know where to begin... but its very easy to do, and figure out if the explanation exists. (players can create custom houses/ mini games, their own rearragnement of gear as well.)

- Day/night cycles

- NPC movement. Also make their be existing systems that emulate actual events as in similar to a public event with armies of NPCs.

- Mounted combat - again should be synergized.

However, a lot of these ideas are already backlisted by the devs as in not in the near future or ever going ot make it in the game. Probably no gambling because they would rather have the game teen rated so the adults can mingle with little kids. Just in case the little kids need help with thier costly addiction, they can 'help'. /doesnotapprove

Anyways, i keep on saying this to the same question. It takes me less than 5 mins to type this... but having the same question being asked, makes me realize how much of a waste of a time these threads are if the same question is asked... and most importantly depending on what we want... most likely never going to see in them in the game becuase the mmo engine can not handle it, and also the swtor devs are not specialized for MMOs. And yet, even so, try to make up for it, and while not terrible with new additions to thier game they ahd forgone class story. Does anyone have words to describe the level of fail that is, while trying to pretend that the gear grind is not in the way of completing content on more than character forcing too much downtime/gear grind to do the same content.

a star wars mmo..but not for kids?

are you serious?

AFAIK , swg wasnt very kid friendly, look how that turned out

swtor is pretty adult oriented too, the combat, the torture scenes, and theyre not breking any record sales here either

if you dont make SW stuff for the younglings, then it will become like an old peoples home

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Incomparable

-Improve on the legacy system. E.g., make rewards for end game more accessible for alts. As it is now, having to do pvp gear grinds for more than 1 character is giving up on a social life since it would be impossible to do in the limited time frame before the new pvp gear is as added as well, undoing all previous work.

-Reduce the pvp and raid gear grind. The only reason to have these rediculous grinds is lack of content... well that had a whole MMO to consider on how to make their game more replayable instead of funnelling content only at the end one peice at the time. If they made their world more interactable with existing system that are shaped with random events, player npc alignment, and systems that dictate predispoistions fo certain areas to indicate/predcite certain outcomes and how to capitalize on it... all the while have some sort of long term goal.

- Mini games - pazaak, bounty hunting, swoop racing

- Gambling

- dynamic raids to redo more... but not for gear (since gear should be attainted in 1 try or max 2 tries) but for;1. collecting trophies, taming pets for other mini games (housing/traps), and rare titles in compeition with others such as finishing it at a certain time.... solo mode etc

- Player bounties

- Synergize every other/new aspect in the game to be for pve/pvp. For example the new space combat is integrated with class/world stories. Mini games also with world/class stories. So we gamble with NPCs.

-Player made content with actual real and easy to use dev tools. The same ones that they would use in their company essentially, and not silly ones like they offer to make CS custom maps which at first have an annoying learning curve to even know where to begin... but its very easy to do, and figure out if the explanation exists. (players can create custom houses/ mini games, their own rearragnement of gear as well.)

- Day/night cycles

- NPC movement. Also make their be existing systems that emulate actual events as in similar to a public event with armies of NPCs.

- Mounted combat - again should be synergized.

However, a lot of these ideas are already backlisted by the devs as in not in the near future or ever going ot make it in the game. Probably no gambling because they would rather have the game teen rated so the adults can mingle with little kids. Just in case the little kids need help with thier costly addiction, they can 'help'. /doesnotapprove

Anyways, i keep on saying this to the same question. It takes me less than 5 mins to type this... but having the same question being asked, makes me realize how much of a waste of a time these threads are if the same question is asked... and most importantly depending on what we want... most likely never going to see in them in the game becuase the mmo engine can not handle it, and also the swtor devs are not specialized for MMOs. And yet, even so, try to make up for it, and while not terrible with new additions to thier game they ahd forgone class story. Does anyone have words to describe the level of fail that is, while trying to pretend that the gear grind is not in the way of completing content on more than character forcing too much downtime/gear grind to do the same content.

I want all of this. Since 2011. Alas, I have almost given up hope.. now looking forward to the new Battlefront and Star Citizen and hoping for some cool multiplayer feeling and seamless big open worlds, combat on foot, in ground vehicles and in space.

not sure , if SC will even have person combat, or ground vehicles

but it will show how important Space combat is

Originally posted by simplius

not sure , if SC will even have person combat, or ground vehicles

but it will show how important Space combat is

Star Citizen will have all of this, it was already confirmed with one of the last stretch goals

FPS ship boarding + strategic defense

FPS combat on stations and scenarios

ground vehicle 1 is already there, I have a buggy in my hangar and I can drive around with it - so, yes it´s working

• maxima29maxima29 Member Posts: 203
    I still play this is the 1st month I have not subbed due to xbox one coming out, I still jump in for dailies and events like bounties starting up again today.  I also been playing a little of STO now if Swtor could implement their space flight and guild fleets (improved guild fleets) I think that would help out a lot.  I still think Swtor is by far a much better game then STO I mean Sharknado has better acting then STO voice acting.  Ground combat is pretty bad also, but give them credit with space combat and travel system Swtor would improve if they implemented those few things .  

yea STO acting is not as good , as swtors

but id rather have a good game with poor acting, than the opposite

and if i want to see a star wars movie, thats what ill do

rather than transform a game into being something else

PS.  ACTING was never one of star treks virtues

the legacy of captain kirk is still alive

the problem is people don´t notice good acting, or good sound that stands out, people notice BAD things standing out

SWTOR has great voice acting and everything, but how important is that really for an MMO which needs to live off a subscription fee?

Who would subscribe for an adventure game really..

But slowly the content gets more and more, lots of dailies to repeat, and it seems to get better. Now if they would find some magical trick to add some engine features and optimize performance, that would be awesome. But really it is not as bad as some people say, game improved a lot till launch, granted

The game went from my personal rating of 5.0 to 7.0 fairly quickly, now I´d say it is around 7.5

Maybe the next big round number patch will crank it up to an 8.0

yea . if its working, then were just doing the content

add a small hiccup, and we will rage so fiercely

there isnt enough Money in the World, to make me do that job, even if i had the skills

and BW seemed to think , that people would rent the same movie, over, and over

some did, but not many

I hope your not trying to say STO is better than SWTOR?  Because that is not the case at all.  Granted STO is a decent game, the f2p model isnt bad but ground combat is pretty bad, space combat gets pretty tedious, and there is not much else to the game.

PS. Whats the point of pointing in VA if your going to do a half ass job at it?  

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by DocBrody

the problem is people don´t notice good acting, or good sound that stands out, people notice BAD things standing out

SWTOR has great voice acting and everything, but how important is that really for an MMO which needs to live off a subscription fee?

Who would subscribe for an adventure game really..

But slowly the content gets more and more, lots of dailies to repeat, and it seems to get better. Now if they would find some magical trick to add some engine features and optimize performance, that would be awesome. But really it is not as bad as some people say, game improved a lot till launch, granted

The game went from my personal rating of 5.0 to 7.0 fairly quickly, now I´d say it is around 7.5

Maybe the next big round number patch will crank it up to an 8.0

The only way they could probably do that is to create a new game engine for the game, which is expensive, but if the game is really going to grow and 'scale' properly, their going to have to dump their current game engine, it just isnt up to it, which is why there are so many restrictions on player numbers, particularly in PVP and why PVP is restricted to small 'arena's which also looks to be the case with the new space combat thing.

Until they can overcome the game engines limitations though, i don't really see that many improvements to the game being possible, no matter how much we'd like to see them. And while the game has improved quite a bit since launch, that was at the expense of OW PVP, even now its doubtful that they can stretch the game engine beyond what they already have, its just far too limited in its ability to scale, the only way to overcome this would be to ditch the hero engine completely and create a new engine that does have the capability to scale, because if there was more Open World PVP in the game, it would be a huge improvement, its just a shame that SOE's game engine is so easily hacked or i'd suggest they try/buy that one image

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    There's so many things wrong with this game that it would take a complete revamp of the game like FF14 did. Oh, and I did try to come back and every group I got in were total jerks. So, a new community as well would be nice.
    Originally posted by Carnicide
    There's so many things wrong with this game that it would take a complete revamp of the game like FF14 did. Oh, and I did try to come back and every group I got in were total jerks. So, a new community as well would be nice.

Well I wouldnt say there are so many things wrong with it, and over a million players would agree with me.  Why dont you try to list some of your so many things wrong.  As for the community ive found it to be very good.  I have maybe had a handfull of issues ingame when grouped.  If you try and join and ops (im assuming you never made it that far) and the leader requires you to use voice chat and you say no, well yes then you will get kicked and think its a bad community.  When the truth is these are not brainless dungeons like in WoW raid finder where its just  a big zerg fest and you have all these addons holding your hands.  In swtor the ops boss take coordination and precise execution especially at the higher tier levels.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by maxima29

Well I wouldnt say there are so many things wrong with it, and over a million players would agree with me.  Why dont you try to list some of your so many things wrong.  As for the community ive found it to be very good.  I have maybe had a handfull of issues ingame when grouped.  If you try and join and ops (im assuming you never made it that far) and the leader requires you to use voice chat and you say no, well yes then you will get kicked and think its a bad community.  When the truth is these are not brainless dungeons like in WoW raid finder where its just  a big zerg fest and you have all these addons holding your hands.  In swtor the ops boss take coordination and precise execution especially at the higher tier levels.

Very true. I'd advise anyone thinking of playing the endgame to do those flashpoints when they are leveling up as that is good practice for how difficult the group content is.

My community experience in TOR has been no different than in any other MMO I've played. My advice for a good experience in TOR or any other MMO would be to join a guild of like minded people. I just don't understand why people who like group content refuse to join a guild and then complain when they can't get a group together or don't like the people they are playing with. They even added a group finder so there really is nothing else the game can do for the player on that front.

As to the OP, I want to see more class story. Class story is what separates this game from the others and IMO is the best part of the TOR experience. Something else I'd like to see is these new bounty events becoming regular dailies for the bounty hunter class and other professions getting dailies that are profession specific.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

There's so many things wrong with this game that it would take a complete revamp of the game like FF14 did.

that would actually help the game- relaunch marketing FTW

also they would not be under the pressure of running a live game.

Take a one year break SWTOR, fix revamp and extend, and relaunch it Christmas 2014 -> profit

• perkseirkperkseirk Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by DocBrody

there is a voting thread going on at the swtor forum but can't post or vote as preferred (ex subscribed) player so it came up what people would vote outside the official forums?

which feature you want for swtor most?

what i think would be kewl is being able to make "Guild Unions" forming multiple guilds together to make one BIG Organization.

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I was really excited for this game and I enjoyed my smuggler story, but the game in general was a big disappointment to me.  I dont like the graphical style or the combat mechanics much.  For as much as they put into the game I think they could have made beautiful worlds and went with a more action oriented combat style.  The game just looked and played very dated the moment it was released.  I really dont picture them redoing the whole thing.  It would cost too much and take too much time. 
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

it would take a new game to get me back...a total revamp, like FF did

I second this comment.

Even though BW's ego won't allow this to happen, a FF reboot is exactly what is needed.

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

AI that doesn't just stand in random corners of a room and clap for no reason. 

• FrostveinFrostvein Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Originally posted by iamrta

Oh, that group of guys standing 10 feet away starting off into space? Trust me, they are plotting your demise.

• EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Voted for more story since every other option would likely require buying something to participate (as per sweaters current M.O.). Atleast the option of "extend class story" has a lower probability of being B2P.
    Originally posted by iamrta

ha, should have put that one on the list. The AI in this game is really terrible. I'd almost say, non-existent