Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well against my better judgement...

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
Well i bought this against my better judgement today. First thing i find out is that my account for my old final fantasy 14 has been hacked by some one from china and banned. So I make a new account and load it up the launcher. I took a nap and it had about 1.2gbs done out of the 3.5. So I loaded up steam so I could play civs while I waited, and steam tried to download a update. Before i could cancel the update, the launcher for this said it failed to connect and stopped. I reloaded it and now I have to start again. What kind of crap is this. Seriously maybe it doesnt bother people who have 30mbs internet, but what about people who has connection caps, and me who has 170kbs internet. I have never played a game with a launcher if it fails it starts over, besides one terrible game with no money or devs, mortal online. So I guess if this is any indication of the quality  of the game i just bought,  I am nervous I wasted 30 more dollars, on another worthless game. 

Comments

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I just hope in the next 6 hours, my internet doesnt go down, or one of my kids goes on and soaks up all the internet connection so this thing cancels it self, and i have to start again. BAH
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Sounds like a problem with your internet, not with the game. I had no problems downloading it when it released. Maybe leave it running overnight?

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I got disconnected while downloading back in Sept. but the launcher took a sec, then brought it right back to where it was when I got disco'd. Not sure why yours did not. Hope the rest goes down with no issue! Good Luck
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Sounds like a problem with your internet, not with the game. I had no problems downloading it when it released. Maybe leave it running overnight?

Yeah I stated i only have a 170kbs internet connection, so when steam tried to update the other game, dropped final fantasy to 0kbs, and it said it lost it connection. But regardless, a launcher shouldent lose all the information it downloaded when it loses its connection. That went out a long time ago with download managers, you would think a new game 2013, would figure out they need a download manager in their launcher so people dont lose all that they downloaded and have to start again, due to a power outage, internet loss, downloading something else, canceling it and starting again, and ect... There are no modern games like this, besides mortal online. 

Originally posted by Praetalus
    I got disconnected while downloading back in Sept. but the launcher took a sec, then brought it right back to where it was when I got disco'd. Not sure why yours did not. Hope the rest goes down with no issue! Good Luck

Me too thank you. I just wont use anything that requires a download, and hope my internet doesnt disconnect lol.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Ginaz

If the game patcher was designed properly, it would simply pick up where it left off when he tries again.  Since it didn't, I'd say the problem is very much with the game.

You make me like charity

• DragviperDragviper Member UncommonPosts: 100

Same happened with my friend, same happened with my wife, same happened with me, three different desktops, three different connections, same problem, if for any reason the download stop, it will restart from zero again over and over.

When I'm sure is not an issue that affect everyone, I can tell it happens to many others...

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321

I had this problem during beta phases. Since upgrading my modem I haven't had these issues.

What I used to do when I had this problem was babysit the launcher and drag the window a little when download stopped. Usually it would kickstart it and keep the download going. Good luck.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

That's really weird.  Whenever the launcher stopped for me, it always goes back to the point it stopped and starts again.  It doesn't restart.

Maybe update the driver on your network card and the firmware on your router.  Make sure your ISP is not blocking any ports and make sure you don't have an over aggressive firewall.  

Sorry you're having problem with the patcher....

• SpardaXSpardaX Member Posts: 46

Im sorry your launcher is acting weird, because when it goes down it should start from where it left.

And before your first reaction is to come to a gaming site express your frustration, you should really look on the internet how to fix that issue, because a lot of times people have the same problem and someone knows how to fix it, just saying.

Google is your friend.

Originally posted by SpardaX

Im sorry your launcher is acting weird, because when it goes down it should start from where it left.

And before your first reaction is to come to a gaming site express your frustration, you should really look on the internet how to fix that issue, because a lot of times people have the same problem and someone knows how to fix it, just saying.

Google is your friend.

There wasent anything to fix. I just didnt download anything else, or let the launcher stop. I was just mad that 2 hours were wasted. And i wasent about to keep canceling it and starting it to see if i could figure out why it starts over every time. 

Thanks for all the comments. Its a good game, no complaints other then the intro movie being half the screen, but that isnt really that important. I like they added rift game play to it, with the events. The only other thing i didnt like, which most people dont run into? Is that the music is not surround sound, I am glad the game is surround sound though. Also they need to add a right click to block people that start spamming you, and a report button. Considering you have to write up a small report every time you have to report a gold spammer. But I am having more fun with this then the first one, I miss the epic intro to the first one though. That always moved me seeing the girl giver her life for the boy to get out. Wish there were more character customization options to:(. 

Im happy you were able to download the game, I also started pretty recently myself, since I'm casual because of my weekday work, I'm loving the game. I got 4 crafting at 15 my Archer at 24 and my conjurer at 11, its fun that you can change for any class on the spot and the crafting is the best I played in any MMORPG ( never played SWG ), if you a fan of Final Fantasy, the story will make you think you in a Single player Final Fantasy even if its not the best story in the world is still fun and immersive.

Im liking the game so far, almost 3 weeks going, hope you like it too.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

you know square  has got problems so if you want to play their games you must make sure you got into betas to see that everything is ok.

game is not bad but don't subscribe just play and finish.

only nice thing is the dungens,i have 3 days left and I am not even interested in

playing.

if you sub. they are going to keep billing you till you stop then in your account,even if you subbed just for 30 days.

we are all bored just waiting for ESO.

Im not a white knight, but saying the only good thing in the game is the dungeons is a complete bullshit...

Atleast try to give informed opinion, so people can atleast get a sense of what you trying to say. Because your post doesn't give any information whatsoever.

If you played the game as you say you did, I know its not the best game in the world, but it have much more than dungeons....

What I advice is that anyone should try it and see if they enjoy it or not, for the price of the initial purchase is nothing proibitive, and you can take your own opinions, if people actually play the game for the fun instead of rushing to end-game they might check its a pretty fun game...

• SchnizleSchnizle Member Posts: 14
    I bought it yesterday, against my better judgement too, and quit for good after an hour. 
  • PreythanPreythan Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Raquis

we are all bored just waiting for ESO.

says you...

Originally posted by SpardaX

Im happy you were able to download the game, I also started pretty recently myself, since I'm casual because of my weekday work, I'm loving the game. I got 4 crafting at 15 my Archer at 24 and my conjurer at 11, its fun that you can change for any class on the spot and the crafting is the best I played in any MMORPG ( never played SWG ), if you a fan of Final Fantasy, the story will make you think you in a Single player Final Fantasy even if its not the best story in the world is still fun and immersive.

Im liking the game so far, almost 3 weeks going, hope you like it too.

I do like it a lot. Thank you for your encouragement:). I just started crafting last night, I agree with you. I did play SWG, and as there isnt as much customization with the crafting as SWG, I think it is a lot more entertaining. The crafting in this is kinda like everquest 2, and vanguard, but puts it own thing to it. I really enjoy how they did the crafting. I like the story lines to, and the random quests they have. Also like the graphics a lot, they are really good. 

Thanks again=)

Originally posted by Dragviper

Same happened with my friend, same happened with my wife, same happened with me, three different desktops, three different connections, same problem, if for any reason the download stop, it will restart from zero again over and over.

When I'm sure is not an issue that affect everyone, I can tell it happens to many others...

I hope they fix it. That is really discouraging for some people. Especially some one with a download limit, which might not be everywhere, but it is some places. I would especially feel bad for some one with satellite internet. As you said though, a lot of the people have a good internet source, getting over 2mbs, which would only take around 20 mins to download the 3.5gbs from the box. I am just glad i figured it out, before it happened again lol. Takes forever at 130kbs-170kbs, damn woods DSL lol.