Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

poll: Which content would bring you back to SWTOR / or if you play what do you want added to the gam

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Originally posted by Ender4
    There have been 3 games I beta tested and said would be F2P in under 2 years. WAR, Rift and SWTOR. You could just feel it by how bad the basic gameplay was that there was no way they would last as popular titles.
    Well, 1 out of 3 ....isnt good.

SW:TOR went Free to play within 2 years

Warhammer Online never went Free to play

Rift went Free to play in 2 years and 3 months

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I have two:

Sandbox elements.  It wouldn't have to be a huge amount.  Just something to take it a little bit "off the rails".

Rendering performance optimization.  My game machine was at the low end of the requirements range.  It didn't run very well at all in some areas.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Xiaoki

There have been 3 games I beta tested and said would be F2P in under 2 years. WAR, Rift and SWTOR. You could just feel it by how bad the basic gameplay was that there was no way they would last as popular titles.

WAR closed in under 2 years, nice try. RIFT is a win too and you know it, the fact they waited too long to admit they had to go F2P is not my fault, that game was dying way before they finally made the move. These games just felt like they were F2P titles by the overall quality of the basic gameplay. You have to nail the player movements, animation and combat pacing. It is the most important part of the game. All 3 titles completely failed at it.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

^^^^^

Assume you mean WAR: Wrath of Heroes, the "mini" game that launched as F2P and closed in March this year. WAR proper will have been opened just over 5 years when it closes at the end of the year never having gone F2P.

On topic however the question shouldn't be "what would make you come back" but "what would keep you subscribing. People bought Makeb - becoming subscribers to do so - but then returned to being F2P since in August subs were 25% below what they were when they went F2P. 

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by ZombieKen

I have two:

Sandbox elements.  It wouldn't have to be a huge amount.  Just something to take it a little bit "off the rails".

Rendering performance optimization.  My game machine was at the low end of the requirements range.  It didn't run very well at all in some areas.

true... unfortunately there were only 10 poll options but performance is an issue

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by gervaise1
    ^^^^^

Assume you mean WAR: Wrath of Heroes, the "mini" game that launched as F2P and closed in March this year. WAR proper will have been opened just over 5 years when it closes at the end of the year never having gone F2P.

On topic however the question shouldn't be "what would make you come back" but "what would keep you subscribing. People bought Makeb - becoming subscribers to do so - but then returned to being F2P since in August subs were 25% below what they were when they went F2P. 

No your right, I seem to have lost 3 years. I could have sworn WAR was way more recent than 2008. That is the last game I tried, decided was going to stink yet still bought in hopes they would fix it just because I enjoyed DAOC.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Nothing short of XWing vs. Tie Fighter massive space battles.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Originally posted by Xiaoki

WAR closed in under 2 years, nice try. RIFT is a win too and you know it, the fact they waited too long to admit they had to go F2P is not my fault, that game was dying way before they finally made the move. These games just felt like they were F2P titles by the overall quality of the basic gameplay. You have to nail the player movements, animation and combat pacing. It is the most important part of the game. All 3 titles completely failed at it.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning never went Free to play and has been subscription based since it launched in 2008.

Warhammer: Wrath of Heroes never used the "WAR" abbreviation and it was closed down while still in open beta. Also, Wrath of Heroes was going to be Free to play from the beginning.

Rift went Free to play in 2 years 3 months, it is not a "win" for your predictions because you said "under 2 years".

Own up to your mistakes and dont try to cover them up with bad excuses.

• TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    It couldn't have me back, the foundation of the game is just not to my liking, it would need to be a new game built from scratch.
  • LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

Like most MMO's these days it needs features to make it more social.  

I know that people will argue that you make your own social experience; but in reality you simply don't.  It feels like travelling on the tube, because there is no need to interact with the people around you in order to reach your destination it winds up a very lonely experience in a crowded space.  

When I was playing wow vanilla (for example or EQ or whatever) it was necessary to team up with other people.  You were in the same area for extended periods of time and you met people by virtue of questing next to them.  And then there were quests that you could not complete alone.  

SWTOR is designed to be solo-centric (much like GW2 or most of the new crop of MMO's) and I simply do not understand this.  If you want to play solo play a single player game.  If you want to stand around showing off your comparative wealth, buy a rolex.  For those people who want to play an MMO why can't we have real MMO's? 

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Entire zone overhaul.

Wide, open spaces, no poorly disguised hallways.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I would like chat bubbles , raise the level cap to very high ( maybe not all at once but a significant jump ) , i would like legendary weapons or armor drops not from raids but maybe in events , don't like all these empty shells that you place mods into , cheap carp way of doing things IMO. PVE space off rails.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by BadOrb

PVE space off rails.

+1

but also co-op and PvE/PvP mixed

like assault on a space station with two teams+ NPCs

would make a huge Star Wars battle

but probably impossible with the engine they have and they said they can´t program AI, because it´s hard

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by BadOrb

PVE space off rails.

+1

but also co-op and PvE/PvP mixed

like assault on a space station with two teams+ NPCs

would make a huge Star Wars battle

but probably impossible with the engine they have and they said they can´t program AI, because it´s hard

They never said can't , but they did say it would be very hard to do , indeed. I like the idea of massive raids in space with PVP and PVE in it , nice one.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

A refund for SimCity.

As soon as I saw how ripped off I was after pre-ordering the special edition, I canceled my SWTOR sub and now have anything EA  is involved with on boycott status.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Other stuff.

3 factions, Bounty hunter and Smuggler being of the 'neutral' (for argument sake) faction.

Now that there are 3 factions, add 2 more (minimum) classes to each faction.

Keep the planets already in the game (for now) just open them up! Let people explore.

REAL player housing, craftable, and able to be placed out in the world.

A real space sim. JTL comes to mind, but I think it could be done better now.

The above for starters.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332

I voted for more character creation options cause I feel that's where they should start. First thing you do in SWTOR is create a character. And for the excitement... Do you know what's wrong with character creation? Tadaa!

The body types: 4 fixed body types for men and 4 for women. What? No way in an AAA mmo...

Improvement: Different height and girth sliders and maybe a an added muscle slider. They should have done this from the beginning. But hey, I guess it's the engine. So I can't do a tall fat guy, or a short fat guy. 4 body types with no sliders, wait what...

This is so Sick. I'm just laughing to myself. What a failure... LoL

Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

-Improve on the legacy system. E.g., make rewards for end game more accessible for alts. As it is now, having to do pvp gear grinds for more than 1 character is giving up on a social life since it would be impossible to do in the limited time frame before the new pvp gear is as added as well, undoing all previous work.

-Reduce the pvp and raid gear grind. The only reason to have these rediculous grinds is lack of content... well that had a whole MMO to consider on how to make their game more replayable instead of funnelling content only at the end one peice at the time. If they made their world more interactable with existing system that are shaped with random events, player npc alignment, and systems that dictate predispoistions fo certain areas to indicate/predcite certain outcomes and how to capitalize on it... all the while have some sort of long term goal.

- Mini games - pazaak, bounty hunting, swoop racing

- Gambling

- dynamic raids to redo more... but not for gear (since gear should be attainted in 1 try or max 2 tries) but for;1. collecting trophies, taming pets for other mini games (housing/traps), and rare titles in compeition with others such as finishing it at a certain time.... solo mode etc

- Player bounties

- Synergize every other/new aspect in the game to be for pve/pvp. For example the new space combat is integrated with class/world stories. Mini games also with world/class stories. So we gamble with NPCs.

-Player made content with actual real and easy to use dev tools. The same ones that they would use in their company essentially, and not silly ones like they offer to make CS custom maps which at first have an annoying learning curve to even know where to begin... but its very easy to do, and figure out if the explanation exists. (players can create custom houses/ mini games, their own rearragnement of gear as well.)

- Day/night cycles

- NPC movement. Also make their be existing systems that emulate actual events as in similar to a public event with armies of NPCs.

- Mounted combat - again should be synergized.

However, a lot of these ideas are already backlisted by the devs as in not in the near future or ever going ot make it in the game. Probably no gambling because they would rather have the game teen rated so the adults can mingle with little kids. Just in case the little kids need help with thier costly addiction, they can 'help'. /doesnotapprove

Anyways, i keep on saying this to the same question. It takes me less than 5 mins to type this... but having the same question being asked, makes me realize how much of a waste of a time these threads are if the same question is asked... and most importantly depending on what we want... most likely never going to see in them in the game becuase the mmo engine can not handle it, and also the swtor devs are not specialized for MMOs. And yet, even so, try to make up for it, and while not terrible with new additions to thier game they ahd forgone class story. Does anyone have words to describe the level of fail that is, while trying to pretend that the gear grind is not in the way of completing content on more than character forcing too much downtime/gear grind to do the same content.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I'd play it more if I didn't feel like I wasn't getting nickle and dimed for everything in the game.  You can't even equip certain gear or even use all of your profession slots, it's a bit ridiculous.

There is a balance between FTP with micro's and sub games, and they missed it...like they've missed so many other things.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

SWTOR was a fun single player game, with some fun multi-player dungeons attached to it.

For me to return, it would need to actually feel like a multi-player game, or have so much new content that it was effectively a new game.  Open world space exploration would help.  Open world PvP, both on the ground and in space would also make it more interesting.  Improving the crafting system and adding housing would be a nice perk.

Unfortunately, we can't get Galaxies back, and TOR is all about the story anyways.

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196

The game had a "one time" play thru and then it was done.  To fix this game would take a lot of thought.

Here are a few things I would hope for:

Open world pvp as in this is Star Wars, putting the "War" Back into it.  To this, I would have significant changes to all the planets.  Zones of control. Perhaps a Planetside 2ish" view of planets.

Revamp Light/Dark so that it has meaning.  For example accumulate the full 10 dark points and you can switch sides and become your opposite.  Gear becomes specific to your light/dark value (more so than it is/was).

Crafting has meaning, best gear can still be found ie. kill some random spawn named enemy somewhere and get some uber piece of gear.  Do an instance and get something to craft uber gear, or the very rare, almost never drops piece. Oh and add slicing, if your a SWG fan you know what I am talking about.  (That uber rare random stat added to a piece of crafted gear that makes it unique).

Controled harvest nodes.  Much like eve online and its moon mining.  Give us something meaningful to fight for. Territory, resources, bonuses.  FOR GODS SAKE SOMETHING!!

To that end, take all the named mobs that exist and give them a damned loot table.  Why have named mobs if they are as easy to kill is random xyz mob.

Keep capital planets as safe zones, but allow open raids onto them.  Ie. Republic 24 man raid into Drumond Kaas to kill some named General.  All the while this raid party can be messed with by Imperials.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

Nothing short of a complete overhaul/rebuild of the entire game. I played for over a year and kept trying and wanting for it to keep me entertained, but it just slowly wore off. I was really expecting a step forward in game design. While the story was a lot of fun and the visual style was great, eventually, it was like being on a movie set and seeing how flat and unreal everything is. I personally expect a high level of immersion in an mmo and want an experience that I can be attached to for a long time. SWTOR's design just seems to be geared towards an intense but short experience.

I really did like the game overall, I felt that they did a very good job of making all characters feel epic in their journey's. But the feel of it all happening in the Star Wars universe just never seemed to get all the way there. I've tried to start playing again several times, but unlike EQ2, Vanguard or Rift, I can't stay in more than five minutes without losing interest and logging out. I attribute it just to the fact that as a player, my tastes have evolved to expect more immersion, community and an overall sandbox feeling to the themepark games that populate the landscape now. I genuinely hope that the game gets better and eventually grows into something I can play again. But right now it's just not the experience that I want and isn't capable of delivering it in it's current form. I'm hoping that the Starfighter update is a huge success and impresses upon the devs that this is an area that they need to continue to explore and expand on to make their players happy.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Nothing short of a complete revision to a more open style of MMO would appeal to me, so nothing they will reasonably do will change this.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    New game altogether, non of the options you mentioned would bring me back.  The games biggest issue is at its core and it need a major overhaul IMO.
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    The game's core is deeply flawed, it would probably cost too much to turn it around. The engine and consequently the feel of the world. The only thing it's good for is a few of the class stories, the rest is just meh. Play it as you'd play an SPG and move on.

imageimage