Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to start playing

IrishbeardIrishbeard Member UncommonPosts: 21

I don't know anything about this game at all.  I just want to give a FPS MMO a try to see if I like it.  I didn't play the beta either.  I have been watching some youtube vids and it seems worthy of a try.  

Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to which server to play on (assuming there are more than one) even better; does the game have guilds, or clans of some sort in which I can join?

Thanks in advance for some advice!

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

There is currently only the Beta shard plus a couple of Press shards not open to the public.

There are Armys you can join. It's also an over the shoulder third person perspective but you can't change the distance other than via FOV adjustments

Be ready to be very confused when it comes to crafting which you will almost need to do.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BlotieBlotie Member UncommonPosts: 29

You can switch to first person mode but the above poster is correct about crafting.  Crafting is a complicated train wreck that they are about to make worse.  Also, they completely removed PvP and are not working on it at all.  Oh yeah, Army size is limited to 20 members and there is no real point in being in an army.

That being said, it is free to play.  It can not hurt to give it a try.  It is semi-fun for a few days until you realize the game is hollow.  It is a grind fest without variety.  Still it is free so.... :shrug:

Just be warned that Red 5/Firefall has become the North Korea of gaming companies.  Say one wrong thing and you disappear.  I recommend avoiding the forums and any interaction with the Devs.  They started purging  after a round of lay offs.  Probably because their investor is trying to sell off part of his investment to another company.   Who knows how long the game will last.... consider that when thinking about buying anything.

Still... free to play... no real risk in trying it.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    The PvP area at Sunken Harbor is up and running as I painfully found out a couple of days ago during an invasion. Oh, and the game has more people in it now than when I started a couple of months ago. It's a great game with potential.