Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veterans Day Hornet Upgrade Offer

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Greetings Citizens,

In honor of this year’s Veterans Day holiday in the United States, Cloud Imperium Games has partnered with Black Widow Company’s Play to Give Back organization to support veterans’ charities. From now until midnight (PST) on November 11th you will have the opportunity to upgrade your current Hornet into the style of an F7A Military Hornet while also supporting a worthy cause.

The F7A Military Hornet upgrade pack costs $20 and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Play To Give Back charity. The donations will be used to support both Operation Supply Drop and the Honor Flight Network. Operation Supply Drop sends video game care packages to soldiers in high combat areas as well as soldiers recovering in medical facilities. The Honor Flight Network transports veterans of past wars to Washington D.C. to visit and reflect at the memorials that were created for them.

We initially built the F7A Hornet for Squadron 42, and for use by the UEE Navy in Star Citizen, and until now had no plans on releasing it to the public as a ship option. Because we feel so strongly about what the Play to Give Back charity does, we decided to make the upgrade available initially on a limited basis. The upgrade packs will ultimately change the fuselage of your F7M Hornet to match the F7A. If you have a Hornet variant (like the Tracker, Ghost or Super Hornet) the upgrade can be applied to change the styling without eliminating your additional upgrade modules. This is more than a skin; in the game world, it’s an after-market fuselage update kit; we’ll be updating the whole geometry of the ship. (Please note that the upgrades will not appear in your Hangar module immediately, as we are continuing to update the look of the military Hornet.)

We hope you will join us in honoring veterans by supporting these important charities. Thank you to the Black Widow Company for connecting us with this great charity endeavor. Please note that the Star Citizen community and the development team are international groups (as is Black Widow Company.) Our support of these charities is not intended to celebrate any particular politics, but rather to help individuals in need. If you are not interested in supporting these charities but would still like to upgrade your Hornet, please purchase the pack using store credit to opt-out of donating.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13366-Veterans-Day-Hornet-Upgrade-Offer

Comments

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

As much as I like this game, with this step they brougth in politics into the game. This is a no go.

CIG will have to deal with the consequences.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by morbuskabis

As much as I like this game, with this step they brougth in politics into the game. This is a no go.

Already started here: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/399440/page/1

Locked now but you get the idea.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301

This has nothing to do with politics.  Its a national holiday.  Veterans in all countries should be honored.  

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

There's a human side to this that supersedes war and politics, this is a part of that.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

Very happy to see them do this and has prompted me to up my pledge. It only has to do with politics if you have an underlying agenda, which obviously you do. Good on them. Those 'consequences' you speak of, seem to be the ever higher ticking counter of Funds Raised.

Enjoy Veteran's Day won't you?

;)

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Hanthos
    Originally posted by morbuskabis As much as I like this game, with this step they brougth in politics into the game. This is a no go. CIG will have to deal with the consequences.  
    Very happy to see them do this and has prompted me to up my pledge. It only has to do with politics if you have an underlying agenda, which obviously you do. Good on them. Those 'consequences' you speak of, seem to be the ever higher ticking counter of Funds Raised.

;)

Well you see the consequences on the forum. The community gets segregated. If you think thats a good thing, then you must be quite happy.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    "Our support of these charities is not intended to celebrate any particular politics, but rather to help individuals in need. If you are not interested in supporting these charities but would still like to upgrade your Hornet, please purchase the pack using store credit to opt-out of donating."

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301

Originally posted by Hanthos

Originally posted by morbuskabis As much as I like this game, with this step they brougth in politics into the game. This is a no go. CIG will have to deal with the consequences.  

;)

Well you see the consequences on the forum. The community gets segregated. If you think thats a good thing, then you must be quite happy.

[mod edit] How is that different from any other day?

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723

This was a total disrespect with pledgers around the world. 

How possibly "sending video-games to soldiers in campaigns for the United States interest only" can be even called as "charity", with many other worthy causes in the world. 

They are motivating and financing wars, instead going against that.

Its a total non-sense vision with people that usually do not make a lot of sense, disrespect customers and are arrogant, taking themselves as some kind of "celebrities". No surprise here.

They even gave a bad excuse that "are not worried by politics but with people".

Empty words, which are translated in actual actions to: "we care bout people, so you are helping OUR people to kill OTHER people". Maybe even some country lke Germany, with a lot of fans, could be invaded tomorrow by US troops, motivated by CIG with their video-games sent to them.

The funny thing is that they created this totally political and non-sense campaign and accused everyone else who did not agree of "Bringing their crap politics to their forums". And even banned a lot of them for good.

CIG is a company that deserves to fail. A really bad example for the industry and that NEVER could be taken as a success case, but a case, example of how to do not make things.

Hopefully for the Space Sim fans, there are other games coming, and they won't be feel like garbage later, when abandoned by these venture capitalists of CIG.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

They should know that helping any charity is bad for business nowadays.  Too many people disagree with the concept of charity, and many who partially accept it bring in their own individual agendas and ideals to start trouble or pick a fight even if the intention was to do some good for individual people.  Even Blizzard puts most of their charity on the down low and limits it to casual mentions and next to an event that is popular enough that people over look it (such as the one that was announced alongside Blizzcon).  They do three to four major charity events a year that rarely gets publicity.

Most people just can't get over themselves or look past their own beliefs and mindsets to see the whole picture when it comes to charity.  If they aren't the above, then they chastise about there being "more worthy" charities out there.  Humanity is full of itself and people are selfish at the core.  If someone decides they want to do something nice for another, then it should not be met with the resistance it typically does.  Though that's in a perfect world where people are actually mature and just don't think being "grown up" and having "rights" makes them thusly.

Just looking at the smile on another human being should be enough; if they're in the hospital and they're given a gift of human generosity then it's a score for humanity.  If they're in hostile conditions and just trying to do what they think is right, or make ends meat for their family, or whatever and they see that there's still something to look forward to or come back and that people are thinking of them... well then that's comfort for an individual.  Why punish them for things beyond their controls, powers that be?  Why be worse than said powers and the decisions that some may dislike by condemning such people?  Be the good will you want this world to embrace, not part of the problem.  We can't change the world (and many times we can't help the situation we're in), but we can make it better for the individual, one person at a time.

Shame on each and every person that put a personal agenda on this; that sparked debate and aggravation.  Yeah, they were stupid as a business to do this knowing how people are in this world, but at least people like them are still in this world.  Be the change you want.  Things will happen either way, irregardless of our whining and crying to the contrary.  If we bring a powerless person caught up in the world as it is at least a little happiness or comfort, then I say we do it.  Bringing up personal agendas and beliefs is just exasperating the matter.  It isn't the point of helping individuals.  It's intent is just to cause trouble because you, you, you ( your beliefs, your wants, your conviction).  It's never about anyone else no matter how some may fool themselves in saying they're speaking on the behalfs of others who may be effected negatively (they aren't as explained earlier, as things would happen anyone and no one can change the world) by bringing comfort to people in no less than in the same position in having the power to stop things.

This is just another depressing read as a whole.  It's getting worse than the whole scandal that TotalBiscuit felt the need to comment on when people were trying to go out of their way to sabotage charity.  Though not quite as bad as when someone supposedly DDos'd a charity stream for a children's hospital a week or so ago.  Not accepting or liking charities is a choice we make, and we have a right to have those thoughts.  But going about it in such a way as to disrupt the charity or making others who partake in it feel bad is (in my opinion) borderline evil unless you know the charity isn't being honest in what it does with the money (I.E. says it's for children but keeps it all themselves).  This does not apply to those who simply voice concerns without the intent of the above.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.