Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CEO Henrik drops by public TS to answer his playerbase questions.

LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Could you see Tasos from AV doing something similar with DFUW playerbase? :P Apperantly the first 30 mins is missed out. Here is the thread about it on MO forums:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/meet-the-ceo-henrik-nystrom.93795/

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

Could you see Tasos from AV doing something similar with DFUW playerbase? :P Apperantly the first 30 mins is missed out. Here is the thread about it on MO forums:

Can you imagine there only being 38 people in the TS 30 minutes into the conversation if Tasos did this?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Could you see Tasos from AV doing something similar with DFUW playerbase? :P 

What would you do for a Klondike bar? 

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Can you imagine there only being 38 people in the TS 30 minutes into the conversation if Tasos did this?

Nope. Prolly less. Just to take a example. Right now on MO forums there is 52 members and 169 guests. At the same time on DFUW forum there is 39 members and 94 guests. I know you can't judge the population etc from those numbers, but that is the numbers that right now are at their respective forums, and those that would get the news bout a CEO jumping into some1s TS. So yeah, I think alot less would be in a DFUW public TS with Tasos there.

But we both know that will NEVER happen... AV doesn't know what communicating is even if it jumped up and slapped them in the face with a baseball bat.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

But we both know that will NEVER happen... AV doesn't know what communicating is even if it jumped up and slapped them in the face with a baseball bat.

I think there is a difference between "communicating" and "coming to the server to speak half-truths and generate false hope the game will ever get better"

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Talonsin

I think there is a difference between "communicating" and "coming to the server to speak half-truths and generate false hope the game will ever get better"

And you know all this for a fact right? Your the all knowing MMO-GOD that hold all the answers... Derp.

And you know all this for a fact right? Your the all knowing MMO-GOD that hold all the answers... Derp.

Do you want me to go lookup 3 year's worth of statement from Henrick in previous community Q&A sessions and compare them to reality?  Heck, scratch that as EVERYONE here knows the history of SV(Henrik) and reality.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Do you want me to go lookup 3 year's worth of statement from Henrick in previous community Q&A sessions and compare them to reality?  Heck, scratch that as EVERYONE here knows the history of SV(Henrik) and reality.

Please spare us. You've done quite enough of that already.

We get it. You hate MO.

This has to be the only game where a CEO jumping in a teamspeak and answering questions for over 2 hours is somehow spun in a negative light. My God the hate here is strong...

First off. This wasn't a Q&A session at all. This was just Henrik jumping into MOs public TS having a chat with some of it's players. It wasn't a planned Q&A session at all. It was a spontaneous move, by a CEO that cares for his game, and that wanna close the gap between the developers and it's players. Only YOU outa all people can twist that into something bad. 

Still think Tasos would do something similar, and still think there would be more peeps in that channel on DFUW? If your still playing the game, you should know the answer to that. 

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Anubisan

We get it. You hate MO.

This has to be the only game where a CEO jumping in a teamspeak and answering questions for over 2 hours is somehow spun in a negative light. My God the hate here is strong...

Nice Ad Hominem there. Who could think that owner of small business is relatively better at communication that CEOs of multi million corporations..

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I am pretty amazed that this game is still up and running. I guess there are still a few hardcore players keeping it alive but even those should eventually realise that this game is a lost cause.
    Originally posted by Toferio

We get it. You hate MO.

Nice Ad Hominem there. Who could think that owner of small business is relatively better at communication that CEOs of multi million corporations..

Still, do you see for instance Tasos, CEO of another small MMO company AV, doing something similar? Nope. And you never will. I wish he would. But again. That will never happen. Was it wrong of Henrik to do this? Or what do you mean? Would you recomend others like him to not do something similar? Srsly?

You know peeps that hate MO/SV are rly desperate when they even try to turn something like this into a bad thing...

First off. This wasn't a Q&A session at all. This was just Henrik jumping into MOs public TS having a chat with some of it's players. It wasn't a planned Q&A session at all. It was a spontaneous move, by a CEO that cares for his game, and that wanna close the gap between the developers and it's players. Only YOU outa all people can twist that into something bad. 

Still think Tasos would do something similar, and still think there would be more peeps in that channel on DFUW? If your still playing the game, you should know the answer to that. 

The entire session was questions and answers.  Most of us would call that Q&A.  My comments were very specific to your previous one where you asked how Talonsin could know all the answers were half truths.  This is why I pointed out that we have 3 years (probably 4 now) of previous questions and answers to draw conclusions from.  From that documented history we can conclude that many, MANY answers given previously have been half truths or flat out never materialized at all.  This is not a small percentage.  This is documented.

What do you draw from to insinuate that THIS time it would be any different from all the DOCUMENTED instances in the past? Because if you have some actual legitimate reasoning to believe so I am open to hearing it!

As for Tasos and AV there would be hundreds or even THOUSANDS of people in that channel.  Sure most of them would want to tar and feather the guy but I assure you that it would be more than 38 people :-)  (And no, as I predicted I played DF:UW for about 6 months and no longer subscribe)

We get it. You hate MO.

Still, do you see for instance Tasos, CEO of another small MMO company AV, doing something similar? Nope. And you never will. I wish he would. But again. That will never happen. Was it wrong of Henrik to do this? Or what do you mean? Would you recomend others like him to not do something similar? Srsly?

You know peeps that hate MO/SV are rly desperate when they even try to turn something like this into a bad thing...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a developer getting into chat with players.  It's GREAT!  What is wrong is doing so, making statements and promises and then having reality show something far different.  THAT is the history of Henrik and SV. It's well documented.  They have a continual pattern of over promising and under delivering (or just NOT delivering at all).  Is it possible that THIS time it will be different than all the prior times?  Sure, and maybe THIS time Lucy won't pull the football away from Charlie Brown.  Hey, it COULD happen...

Edit to add: Here is a small snippet of some previous Q&A where he makes ridiculous claim about improvements.  Note this is from Sept 2010 (yes over 3 years ago) and if you try and follow the link to the original MO forum post it's been deleted by StarVault.

[23:17] <@HenrikNystrom>; epic patch is getting closer, we just want it to work well, and of course to live up to most expectation
    [23:17] <@HenrikNystrom>; As, there is indeed major differences

[23:19] <@HenrikNystrom>; if you wont notice a diff, then I dont know hehe..
    [23:19] <@HenrikNystrom>; We are talking Mortal Online 2

[23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; like I said before, it gives tools yes, and also instant changes and fixed,
    [23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; but also the possibility to fix tweak other areas better
    [23:23] <HobboBobbo> instant?
    [23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; yes, the most critical issues will get an update along with that update.
    [23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; hence thats why we focus evertghing on this patch

[23:27] <[BRB]Mojoz> henrik don't make hype you won't be able to live upto, claiming its going to be "Mortal Online 2" is a massive statement to make o.O
    [23:28] <@HenrikNystrom>; Mojoz, hehe I stand by that sentence

Full IRC chat found here:
    http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1025747-post14.html

We get it. You hate MO.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a developer getting into chat with players.  It's GREAT!  What is wrong is doing so, making statements and promises and then having reality show something far different.  THAT is the history of Henrik and SV. It's well documented.  They have a continual pattern of over promising and under delivering (or just NOT delivering at all).  Is it possible that THIS time it will be different than all the prior times?  Sure, and maybe THIS time Lucy won't pull the football away from Charlie Brown.  Hey, it COULD happen...

Edit to add: Here is a small snippet of some previous Q&A where he makes ridiculous claim about improvements.  Note this is from Sept 2010 (yes over 3 years ago) and if you try and follow the link to the original MO forum post it's been deleted by StarVault.

[23:17] <@HenrikNystrom>; epic patch is getting closer, we just want it to work well, and of course to live up to most expectation
    [23:17] <@HenrikNystrom>; As, there is indeed major differences

[23:19] <@HenrikNystrom>; if you wont notice a diff, then I dont know hehe..
    [23:19] <@HenrikNystrom>; We are talking Mortal Online 2

[23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; like I said before, it gives tools yes, and also instant changes and fixed,
    [23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; but also the possibility to fix tweak other areas better
    [23:23] instant?
    [23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; yes, the most critical issues will get an update along with that update.
    [23:23] <@HenrikNystrom>; hence thats why we focus evertghing on this patch

[23:27] <[BRB]Mojoz> henrik don't make hype you won't be able to live upto, claiming its going to be "Mortal Online 2" is a massive statement to make o.O
    [23:28] <@HenrikNystrom>; Mojoz, hehe I stand by that sentence

Full IRC chat found here:
    http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1025747-post14.html

Once again. This wasn't a schedueld Q&A. This was just him jumping in on MO public TS, chatting away with the players. He didn't make any wild promises. He listened and answered carefully to the questions that were asked. Did you even listen to it? 

Your beloved Tasos has failed even harder to deliver on his promises. In those very rare cases that he actually does communicate. And in your little quote from a Q&A it's only Henrik being excited for a upcoming patch. In his eyes it was "MO2". And alot of things DID change with it. SO it's rly in the eye of the beholder. At least you didn't have to pay for it like you did with DFUW... Tasos and Co. actually failed to deliver the DF2 that they promised. How can you think Henrik being a douche for being overly excited in a Q&A to Tasos straight up lies? Damn your one-sided.

It just seems your desperate right now. Just makes you look like a bad loser. Just get over it and live with that even though Henriks has his flaws, he is passionate bout his game, talks to his players, not only in this TS, but also being very active on the forums, answering questions in threads etc. You must be burning up inside from knowing how bad Tasos is in comparison.

The entire session was questions and answers.  Most of us would call that Q&A.  My comments were very specific to your previous one where you asked how Talonsin could know all the answers were half truths.  This is why I pointed out that we have 3 years (probably 4 now) of previous questions and answers to draw conclusions from.  From that documented history we can conclude that many, MANY answers given previously have been half truths or flat out never materialized at all.  This is not a small percentage.  This is documented.

What do you draw from to insinuate that THIS time it would be any different from all the DOCUMENTED instances in the past? Because if you have some actual legitimate reasoning to believe so I am open to hearing it!

As for Tasos and AV there would be hundreds or even THOUSANDS of people in that channel.  Sure most of them would want to tar and feather the guy but I assure you that it would be more than 38 people :-)  (And no, as I predicted I played DF:UW for about 6 months and no longer subscribe)

[mod edit]

Edit. About promises from Henrik. ALOT of what has been promised IS ingame now. Like butchery, lockpicking, alchemy, breeding etc. That's very well documented as well...

Ofc, NONE of this will ever happen, so we will never know, but you once again proves yourself to be a big AV sucker that swallows anything they crap out. And you can be all cool and say you don't play etc, while others that seen your suckup posts bout DFUW knows how it is. 

You proceed from a false assumption.  I am certainly not an AV fanboy and I do not even play the game.  They made massive design errors in DF;UW which became evident as the game progressed.  Unlike many others, I feel no need to "defend" any company that performs poorly.

You also seem to be unable to understand my point about Tasos and the number of people that would attend a Q&A with him.  I think I specifically stated that most of those would be there to "tar and feather him".  If you think only 38 people would show up for a 2.5 hour "chat" with Tasos, it is YOU my friend who sound disconnected from the facts.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Mortal Online could have been a better game than DF to be honest crafting is better.

But I feel they need to make Mortal Online 2 and relaunch the game because i tried mortal online and DFUW is a lot better combat wise and general gameplay

Ofc, NONE of this will ever happen, so we will never know, but you once again proves yourself to be a big AV sucker that swallows anything they crap out. And you can be all cool and say you don't play etc, while others that seen your suckup posts bout DFUW knows how it is. 

You proceed from a false assumption.  I am certainly not an AV fanboy and I do not even play the game.  They made massive design errors in DF;UW which became evident as the game progressed.  Unlike many others, I feel no need to "defend" any company that performs poorly.

You also seem to be unable to understand my point about Tasos and the number of people that would attend a Q&A with him.  I think I specifically stated that most of those would be there to "tar and feather him".  If you think only 38 people would show up for a 2.5 hour "chat" with Tasos, it is YOU my friend who sound disconnected from the facts.

Ofc your not... Tell it to some1 that believes you.

You keep being unable to understand what I'm saying. This wasn't a planned Q&A that Henrik did. It was him spontaneously jumping into MO public TS. If Tasos would jump into a DFUW public TS, that doesn't excist, without anyone knowing about it, there wouldn't even be 38 peeps in there. And the word wouldn't spread fast enough for your imaginary "THOUSANDS" of players to jump in. DFUW is DEAD. Even more so then MO. Both ingame and on the forums. 

Sure, had Tasos announced that he would be available for a Q&A a week ahead. Then for sure, the word would spread to old DF1 players etc that hate everything AV has done with the game would join in. But that's not what were talking bout here. 

You keep being unable to understand what I'm saying. This wasn't a planned Q&A that Henrik did. It was him spontaneously jumping into MO public TS. If Tasos would jump into a DFUW public TS, that doesn't excist, without anyone knowing about it, there wouldn't even be 38 peeps in there. And the word wouldn't spread fast enough for your imaginary "THOUSANDS" of players to jump in. DFUW is DEAD. Even more so then MO. Both ingame and on the

We'll have to agree to disagree as I am 100% confident that there would be THOUSANDS of people, but it's an academic question as it's very unlikely Tasos will be doing something like this.

You keep being unable to understand what I'm saying. This wasn't a planned Q&A that Henrik did. It was him spontaneously jumping into MO public TS. If Tasos would jump into a DFUW public TS, that doesn't excist, without anyone knowing about it, there wouldn't even be 38 peeps in there. And the word wouldn't spread fast enough for your imaginary "THOUSANDS" of players to jump in. DFUW is DEAD. Even more so then MO. Both ingame and on the

We'll have to agree to disagree as I am 100% confident that there would be THOUSANDS of people, but it's an academic question as it's very unlikely Tasos will be doing something like this.

Dunno what planet you live on if you think THOUSANDS of players would join in, unknowing of Tasos joining a public TS for 2 hours. When their forums doesn't even have 200 peeps active (120 right now btw), and maybe, just maybe, around 1000 peeps playing at a time. I have ran around for over 2 weeks in D4-5 zones and have ran into one group of 2 peeps and 2 other solo peeps. And I've played for 3-4 hours each session. Only fanboys like Lustmord or xphier would agree with you. Dunno what that says bout you...? So yeah, big time disagree on this one. 

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

I couldn't care less for both Darkfall and Mortal Online, but jumping into a public TS as developer or even more so CEO is quite a move. I didn't hear of a single community manager who does this.

Also, there won't be thousands of people, no matter how long it runs. Most TS (or vent/mumble etc.) servers do not even allow that many people. And most Q&A events, even by forum, stream or whatever do not have that many participants, even for big games like GW2 or even WoW. Short notice and "only" two hours (not much for a forum Q&A, or through reddit e.g.) would make sure that it won't be more than a few hundred tops - given that the TS etc. even supports that as i said.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Anireth

I couldn't care less for both Darkfall and Mortal Online, but jumping into a public TS as developer or even more so CEO is quite a move. I didn't hear of a single community manager who does this.

Also, there won't be thousands of people, no matter how long it runs. Most TS (or vent/mumble etc.) servers do not even allow that many people. And most Q&A events, even by forum, stream or whatever do not have that many participants, even for big games like GW2 or even WoW. Short notice and "only" two hours (not much for a forum Q&A, or through reddit e.g.) would make sure that it won't be more than a few hundred tops - given that the TS etc. even supports that as i said.

MO staff do this regularly, they would also jump into each of the major guild's teamspeaks to discuss various things with them also, when aq had an issue with the way the game was running the community manager was quick to jump into our teamspeak and attempt to talk it out. But in the end our minds had been made up and we left. Its one of the good things sv is known for which is regular communication.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

IMO, it was nice gesture from Henrik and it was a pleasant talk. Still, I would never compare this to any other CEO's or games like DF. Henrik wanted to have a chat and share some development incites, that's all. It's all unofficial and even if he did annnounce something, it does not oblige him, unlike some other SV's Q&As.

What is interesting is that he announced Steam launch being targeted at end of Q1 2014. In meanwhile new continent will be released, with new char creation system with new Tutorial. Let's see if he fulfills his announcement this time. I do not care for the dates, I just hope it gets the quality. Steam release IMO is SV's last chance :(

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Great post

Where have all the "good" shills gone?