Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 hours of PVP in Unholy Wars

MarioLemieuxMarioLemieux Member UncommonPosts: 22

For some reasons the mods on the DF forums banned me for this. Nothing serious here, but it still is the only action I had in 3 hours straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=uLmN-My5aRU&vq=hd1080

Comments

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i think everyone is banned on their forum.. maybe 50 people posting.

@ the end of this.. only mods left :P

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Srsly? Did you get banned for this? Then the mods don't have any humor. I laughed my ass off at it. It was pure fun you whispering and shit. Two thumbs up from me.

"It's an insect. But in the desert sometimes, you don't have a choice". lol.

• MarioLemieuxMarioLemieux Member UncommonPosts: 22

Yes got banned. He deleted my first thread and gave me an infraction. His reason was "Trolling". Then I changed the name of the vid to "hunting" instead of "PVP", and I posted it in the PVE section instead of the PVP section, and I got banned with the reason "Spamming video".

I didn't spammed, I just posted it 2 times total, and the 2nd time I posted it I had people asking the mod to not delete it. I know it's a troll video, there is only 1 fight in it and the rest is just a funny Deer Hunter style shitty roleplay, but I don't see why first they don't want me to post it on their forums (considering other funny videos has been made before), and second, why they would ban me for that.

Anyway I'm done with this game and company. Both the NA and EU servers are dead. By dead I mean, there are still some players, most of them are hiding in safe zones or inside their cities looking at their banks, and they mostly just try to zerg and avoid any kind of somewhat fair pvp. Roaming pvp isn't an option anymore.... you are very lucky if you find 1 fight per night by roaming in the world. You can fight an ok amount if you know exactly where to go, but it's almost always the same players / clans, and the majority of them want nothing but to zerg you down.

I tried the Korean server for a week or so, and the population is booming there. Their servers are also of way higher quality, and they receive patches on a daily basis, while it happens like once a month on NA/EU. This was a fun time, but we all got banned because you need to be either Korean or Japanese to play.

It's a bad time to resub or buy this game.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

It's funny how they think we don't come here when ever they try to shut our mouths down. When ever they ban us for no apparent reason, when ever they delete a thread coz we talk about darkfall 1 and other silly thing, we just come here to say how bad their staff or how they do things cause more harm than good.

They now seem more like a company who wants to hide the truth. Back in DF1 days, they used to respect our opinions no matter how hurtful it use to sound like. 

I really do respect the mods of mmorpg.com for not closing down all the threads that still hold some truth in them.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Maybe it was the bag labeled "Fuck you AV Tasos is gay" that got him banned.

Funny video though, I enjoyed it.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I really enjoyed that video hehe

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    They should market to pve and crafters as the open world is now relatively safe. I love the freedom dfuw offers. OP's likely got banned because the mod told you not to post it and you posted it again. You wonder if they would have kept a DFO server up if the rabid blind hate would go down quite a bit.

some years ago during 1.0.. i also tried to advitise the game 1.0 because of its potential..

Then you realise that the company behind it dont support the game itself. so what's the point?

Who ever did not played 1.0 missed the train of darkfall and all its epicness. its only downwards now and that after 8 months of a new game

darkfall foroms are dead

Both the servers are dead

Poeple getting banned on the forum for no reason

Zero to none customer support.

Broken game in means of no content and unbalance especially compared to the original game..

I followed since 2005  and played it for 4 years, i played uw for 1 month

I predicted this would happen tho.. av had no other choice to make the game less sandbox and more themepark for the asians..

imo i think the asians would have loved 1.0 but that's just me

Funny thing is that Tasos dont even know what a sandbox is while he sells his game as a sandbox

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by MarioLemieux

Yes got banned. He deleted my first thread and gave me an infraction. His reason was "Trolling". Then I changed the name of the vid to "hunting" instead of "PVP", and I posted it in the PVE section instead of the PVP section, and I got banned with the reason "Spamming video".

I didn't spammed, I just posted it 2 times total, and the 2nd time I posted it I had people asking the mod to not delete it. I know it's a troll video, there is only 1 fight in it and the rest is just a funny Deer Hunter style shitty roleplay, but I don't see why first they don't want me to post it on their forums (considering other funny videos has been made before), and second, why they would ban me for that.

I have no love for Darkfall it's always looked bad to me, yet you'd get banned almost anywhere (here included) for doing that after already receiving a warning.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    The darkfall community has the incredible ability to despise a game while also playing it. Grownups move on when they don't like a game.

Originally posted by Caaahl

@OP:

Was it AjentOranj again or another mod? I still dont get it why someone would get banned for posting such a video (in the way you described it).

Yes AO.

Originally posted by Holophonist
    The darkfall community has the incredible ability to despise a game while also playing it. Grownups move on when they don't like a game.

The players who keep playing Darkfall are doing it because there is zero alternative. Find me any other MMO with similar pvp mechanics. There is none. I will give credit to AV for creating such games (specially DF 1, UW is a joke compared to DF 1), but if they are gonna continue managing their company and their customers the way they do, they will never make any successful game... and they will end up making half finished games (prolly more like 20% finished).

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Snoepie

i think everyone is banned on their forum.. maybe 50 people posting.

@ the end of this.. only mods left :P

The mods hardly ever ban anyone. The darkfall boards are some of the most open unmoderated boards on the net. That's half the reason why the boards are so fucking toxic. If you got banned it's because you directly broke the TSO.

@OP:

Was it AjentOranj again or another mod? I still dont get it why someone would get banned for posting such a video (in the way you described it).

Yes AO.

The players who keep playing Darkfall are doing it because there is zero alternative. Find me any other MMO with similar pvp mechanics. There is none. I will give credit to AV for creating such games (specially DF 1, UW is a joke compared to DF 1), but if they are gonna continue managing their company and their customers the way they do, they will never make any successful game... and they will end up making half finished games (prolly more like 20% finished).

Exactly. No other game touches it. And yet you still complain because it doesn't live up in every way. You don't see the problem with this?

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

@OP:

Yes AO.

Exactly. No other game touches it. And yet you still complain because it doesn't live up in every way. You don't see the problem with this?

They scrapped everything that made DF1 the decent game we wanted. Now that they remade it into DF UW,  we have to seek an other alternative and there's none. 

DF1 was not perfect, but it was a fun game to us all. They only had to make constant updates like reducing the grind, banning hackers/cheaters, adding a skill cap and more. Instead, for months and years, bugs were never fixed and the grind was unbearable up until the last few months. Everyone were forced to exploit bugged spawns just to skill up fast.

When DF1 was finally good and when it was easy for everyone to become as good as a vet after 1 or 2 months, after an other 1-4 months, they closed it. They promised us DF 2010, not darkfall unholy wars and that's why we're mad. Nothing can stop AV from brining us back our beloved DF1 while keeping DF UW free for the asian server, but we know they won't do it.

Don't get us wrong tho, we're constantly looking for other alternatives, but this year, there's nothing else. I currently don't play mmorpg's coz i'm waiting for indie games that will release after 2016 and those games are on kickstarter. If i had to play an mmorpg seriously today, it would still be darkfall unholy wars. 

MO is too buggy and the amount of bug they have to fix is only slowing down their development. I'm waiting for Embers of Caerus, but it will come out in 2016. I'm also waiting for Gloria victis and it is looking pretty good. I don't like space games so i don't play EvE online.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

@OP:

Yes AO.

They scrapped everything that made DF1 the decent game we wanted. Now that they remade it into DF UW,  we have to seek an other alternative and there's none. 

DF1 was not perfect, but it was a fun game to us all. They only had to make constant updates like reducing the grind, banning hackers/cheaters, adding a skill cap and more. Instead, for months and years, bugs were never fixed and the grind was unbearable up until the last few months. Everyone were forced to exploit bugged spawns just to skill up fast.

When DF1 was finally good and when it was easy for everyone to become as good as a vet after 1 or 2 months, after an other 1-4 months, they closed it. They promised us DF 2010, not darkfall unholy wars and that's why we're mad. Nothing can stop AV from brining us back our beloved DF1 while keeping DF UW free for the asian server, but we know they won't do it.

Don't get us wrong tho, we're constantly looking for other alternatives, but this year, there's nothing else. I currently don't play mmorpg's coz i'm waiting for indie games that will release after 2016 and those games are on kickstarter. If i had to play an mmorpg seriously today, it would still be darkfall unholy wars. 

MO is too buggy and the amount of bug they have to fix is only slowing down their development. I'm waiting for Embers of Caerus, but it will come out in 2016. I'm also waiting for Gloria victis and it is looking pretty good. I don't like space games so i don't play EvE online.

I get that you feel DFUW could be a better game, and I agree with you. Likewise I too put my hope into more sandboxy games coming down the pipe.

But let's keep this simple: DFUW is the best on the market for us... or at least close to it. If that's the case, how on earth can you rag on it so much? Because it's not exactly what you want? Do you not give them credit for at least making that kind of game? The kind of game that nobody else has the balls to make? I'm sure you'll retort with something like "I give them credit for trying BUT....", except that's not really giving them credit. If it really is the best on the market for your tastes, then you (the community) shouldn't be so incredibly toxic about the game.

If however it's not the best on the market for you, then quit and move on to something else (doesn't have to be an MMO). It's really that simple. My point was geared towards the people who are simultaneously playing the game, and shitting all over it. 

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

@OP:

Yes AO.

They scrapped everything that made DF1 the decent game we wanted. No..they scrapped most of the things that made it broken.

DF1 was not perfect, but it was a fun game to us all.

Not to all the people that quit because the game was broken. Not to all the people that didn't want to grind for 8 months and had 100 different skills just to compete in PvP. I came into the game wanting to be a heavy tank with some light magic. Not. Possible. Guess where it is possible? Unholy Wars.

No alignment system is better than a broken alignment system. The AI is better and less exploitable. It's easier to level. The naval combat is a thousand times better.

UW has some worse features, like the UI, enchanting, the quests, ect and progress is slow. But most of the game is WAY better balanced and fleshed out. DF1 rewarding exploiting and macroing. UW rewards playing.

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

Not to all the people that quit because the game was broken. Not to all the people that didn't want to grind for 8 months and had 100 different skills just to compete in PvP. I came into the game wanting to be a heavy tank with some light magic. Not. Possible. Guess where it is possible? Unholy Wars.

No alignment system is better than a broken alignment system. The AI is better and less exploitable. It's easier to level. The naval combat is a thousand times better.

UW has some worse features, like the UI, enchanting, the quests, ect and progress is slow. But most of the game is WAY better balanced and fleshed out. DF1 rewarding exploiting and macroing. UW rewards playing.

You seems like a really big noob to me. DFO was alive for 3 years, UW is already dead. There is less PVP 8 months after UW launch than in DFO 3 years after launch, in the last months of the game after it was already announced that our characters would be wiped. This is because of carebears like you that all the games we have right now are mickey mouse lands.

DFO was an hardcore game that had a much bigger fan base than UW. Was it perfect? Far from it, AV stopped updating it 1-1.5 years after launch to work on UW. It's funny that you say that I'm part of a minority, like all the noobs have been saying since UW beta "oh the vets are only a vocal minority, we are a lot more!". Where are players like you atm? 99% of the not pvp oriented players have quit the game in the first 3-4 months, like expected. And because of players who didn't like the pvp mechanics of DFO, now the players left have to play a dumbed down class based game where players like you can play a tank and just spam right click, stampede and warrior aoe abilities without even having to pull out a bow. GG. We went from a very fluid game with tons of different playstyle to a slowed down, unresponsive game with 4 classes. 4 classes with moba style abilities (most of them are aoe based).

DF1 rewarding exploiting and macroing. UW rewards playing.

In DF1 you had to actually go out and kill monsters to get gold. In UW once you have done your feats you stop pveing. This is one of the reason why the game is dead right now, there is nothing to do. Going out and killing mobs is less lucrative than fishing afk, or harvesting afk in a safe zone. You can now pretty much max out a character in less than a week, and if you want you can do it afk (really different than using meditation and macroing uh? let's harvest and craft afk instead).

Anyway have fun in you dead game my friend. 8 months and the game is dead, how about that? But at least you get what you wanted, now you can feel good in a fight when you actually do damage using pulverize/maelstrom/stampede, instead of the good old melee archery.

You seems like a really big noob to me. DFO was alive for 3 years, UW is already dead. There is less PVP 8 months after UW launch than in DFO 3 years after launch, in the last months of the game after it was already announced that our characters would be wiped. This is because of carebears like you that all the games we have right now are mickey mouse lands.

DFO was an hardcore game that had a much bigger fan base than UW. Was it perfect? Far from it, AV stopped updating it 1-1.5 years after launch to work on UW. It's funny that you say that I'm part of a minority, like all the noobs have been saying since UW beta "oh the vets are only a vocal minority, we are a lot more!". Where are players like you atm? 99% of the not pvp oriented players have quit the game in the first 3-4 months, like expected. And because of players who didn't like the pvp mechanics of DFO, now the players left have to play a dumbed down class based game where players like you can play a tank and just spam right click, stampede and warrior aoe abilities without even having to pull out a bow. GG. We went from a very fluid game with tons of different playstyle to a slowed down, unresponsive game with 4 classes. 4 classes with moba style abilities (most of them are aoe based).

DF1 rewarding exploiting and macroing. UW rewards playing.

In DF1 you had to actually go out and kill monsters to get gold. In UW once you have done your feats you stop pveing. This is one of the reason why the game is dead right now, there is nothing to do. Going out and killing mobs is less lucrative than fishing afk, or harvesting afk in a safe zone. You can now pretty much max out a character in less than a week, and if you want you can do it afk (really different than using meditation and macroing uh? let's harvest and craft afk instead).

Anyway have fun in you dead game my friend. 8 months and the game is dead, how about that? But at least you get what you wanted, now you can feel good in a fight when you actually do damage using pulverize/maelstrom/stampede, instead of the good old melee archery.

Paragraph 1: They made the game more accessable, and not require heavy scripting to play.

Paragraph 2: They already said they are working to fix that in the upcomming patch.

The last patch was exactly what the players asked for, it just took time to do it.

I have no reason they aren't still listening to the players and working to improve the game.

• Macrinus101Macrinus101 Member Posts: 44
    Maybe because you posed with dead animals, I'm no crazy PETA animal rights activist, I just think livestock should be slaughtered humanly but hunting? Pathetic. Wait for Embers of Caerus for a open world sandbox MMORPG, the problem with this game and Mortal Online is the gameplay, it is really bad.

And now? Now they came up with the idea of the MVP forums. The sole purpose of these new forums is not the improvement of the game. We had literally hundreds of superb suggestions on AVs suggestions board.

The pupropse of the MVP forums is to keep up the impression that there will be progress. And therefore to keep up the willingness of people to pay for subscriptions. That's all.

No.

They don't want or need "hundreds of superb suggestions", and that's not the purpose of the MVP forums.

The MVP forums serve as a focus group for the specific content they have planned and coming down the pipeline.

Originally posted by Lustmord

Paragraph 1: They made the game more accessable, and not require heavy scripting to play.

How is it more accessible if there is less people playing it? They took the wrong decisions in order to get more players. They could have added more sandbox content and bring more sandbox players, but instead they tried to get some volatile themepark players by dumbing down the game, which failed. Heavy scripting wasn't required in DFO. The only scripts that were generally used by top players was a sword and board macro, and a 1-button ray switching script. That's it.

Originally posted by Lustmord

Paragraph 2: They already said they are working to fix that in the upcomming patch.

AV are back to their old habits. They started by patching weekly, and now they are back at 1 per month. Before long they will be at 1 per 2 months, one per 6 months, and then nothing. Good luck with that. DFO had 80% more content, which wouldn't have needed patches to add, since it was already in the game.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

@OP:

Yes AO.

They scrapped everything that made DF1 the decent game we wanted. No..they scrapped most of the things that made it broken.

DF1 was not perfect, but it was a fun game to us all.

I haven;t posted in a long time but I thought this warranted a post from me.

If you weren't playing DF1 during the last 3-4 months of the game's life...you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about.

During the last few months you could have a 100% maxxed/finished character in 2 weeks or less with the help of friends.  You could easily do it in a month solo.  And that's 100 of every skill, 100 of every mastery, 100 of every intensify.

If you're still complaining about what DF1 was at launch, you have no clout in this conversation.

UW is pure garbage compared to what DF1 was at THE END of its existence...very similar to SWG pre CU.  Anyone who played the game during this time-frame knows that.  

The best hope that Darkfall has is that Aventurine goes out of business and their investor internetQ sells off the Darkfall 1 intellectual property.

I still check up on UW every couple of months to see if it's worth playing....and it isn't even close.  AV truly threw away one of the best games in gaming history.  With the right company behind DF1, it could have been the greatest sandbox PvP MMO ever made.  Now, we're left with a soul-less, boring, empty, and un-inspired version of Darkfall that literally nobody wants to play.

As Klaus said, half the AV staff is volunteers/interns working for free.  They only have 2000 subscribers and they are losing money every month that they sit below 5000 subscribers.  At this rate, they will be out of business within a year.  Here's to hoping.

i dont understand why they dont open a 1.0 server..

Currently they will have more then enough on 1 uw server.

1.0 will be easy filled with 2/3k players make it  a sub of 10 or 8 euro. then they have more money

What i also dont understand is that av dont allow to talk about 1.0 on their forum.. you either get banned or thread is deleted

its their own game ffs

Originally posted by Snoepie

i dont understand why they dont open a 1.0 server..

Currently they will have more then enough on 1 uw server.

1.0 will be easy filled with 2/3k players make it  a sub of 10 or 8 euro. then they have more money

What i also dont understand is that av dont allow to talk about 1.0 on their forum.. you either get banned or thread is deleted

its their own game ffs

Think about it like this: children don't have the same freedom as adults because they abuse it. They close threads because the community is disgustingly toxic and negative.

If however it's not the best on the market for you, then quit and move on to something else (doesn't have to be an MMO). It's really that simple. My point was geared towards the people who are simultaneously playing the game, and shitting all over it. 

So, i will say it in all honesty: My personal agenda is to fasten the process and prevent more people from paying money to Aventurine and I do this by enlightening them about AV and their practices.

Long story short: I post here in order to enlighten people about AV and DFUW and in order to prevent them from spending their money on a company that will lie to them.

Thanks for being honest but this is exactly my gripe with the community. If the game dies, let it die. It's NOT your responsibility to expedite any process. You don't know any more than the market does. If you're so convinced that the game is going to die, then let it die. But what you're doing is making it MORE likely that it's going to die. That's fucked up. You're actually altering the game's chances of success for no reason other than your feelings were hurt by AV.