Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Features Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMO Culture has released a new trailer that briefly details some of the hot new features that will arrive with the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls expansion. Check it out and try to keep that jaw from hitting the table.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
     I wonder if any of these will make it to the consoles? I bought D3 for the xbox so i could play with my friends I may have made a mistake in doing that if this doesnt make it to the 360.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Adventure mode looks fun, wonder about it's replayability though.
  • Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Joypad support would be a nice bonus,tried on xbox and is good.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Abimor
     I wonder if any of these will make it to the consoles? I bought D3 for the xbox so i could play with my friends I may have made a mistake in doing that if this doesnt make it to the 360.

Ofcourse the expansion will be released for the consoles.

You think they want to miss out on all that Income?

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    I picked up Path of Exile and have not touched D3 since.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Looks cool, sold all my gear in the D3 RMAH  for PC so I can use that blizz money for ps3 expansion. Already have over $23 ;D
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by Redcor

Good for you. Says nothing about D3. Now go play all those characters that you will reroll again and again, only after sinking all those hours of course!

Can't wait for the expansion. It will set so many things right and it will be a hit. I just hope the base game story and atmosphere could be changed/tweaked/retconned, i don't care. And i hate Act 2. Just wanted to say that.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Looking forward to playing the Crusader class.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Adventure mode looks neat, as well as bounties. Enchanting looks nice. Crusader looks neat. AH gone. Maybe I can play again :P
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Looking forward to playing the Crusader class.

wow, i didn't know there was a crusader class!

I'm so into this now!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SidQFTSidQFT Member UncommonPosts: 96
    awesome,  wish i could watch it, but since vimeo sucks...... meh.
  • ElminsterElminster Member UncommonPosts: 28
    kind of interested in what the twitch streamers will say once it goes live

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298

Well look at you bashing at someone for prefering PoE instead of D3, the biggest prank in gaming since Myth of Soma.

Oh yes, you just cant wait for the expansion! Oh my god what shall we do ....

Please get real, this game is terrible and the management  behind it is aware of that, hence they stopped patching even ridiculous updates for "class balance". Its been months if not half a year since the last patch The game is deserted, hardly anyone plays anymore and all Blizzard does is worry about advertising  for switching the game to consoles..

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Seriously... still no PvP? I don't even care about D3 but that's just brutal. One of Blizzard's biggest lies, for sure.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Biggest proplem D3 have is cooldowns almost every skill. i really disliked cooldowns.

still no necromancer or druid class:/

• RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

"I picked up Path of Exile and have not touched D3 since."

Same.

--- Razimus

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

It's hard to get excited about any of that at this point.  At this point I'm more interested in what Lineage Eternal will be like.  I kind of feel like Blizzard doesn't really want to make D3 have much depth.

Hopefully the ladders will be full resets.

• RazimusRazimus Member UncommonPosts: 128

"Seriously... still no PvP? I don't even care about D3 but that's just brutal. One of Blizzard's biggest lies, for sure."

No doubt it is a MAJOR LIE by Blizzard, the development team for D3 promised it up and down at 2 or 3 consecutive BlizzCons not to mention dozens upon dozens of additional interviews, there are videos of those panels & records of those interviews, yet they claim the PVP promise never existed, their strategy, don't acknowledge it ever happened, ignore ignore ignore, after they bought the yachts from the money of the initial sales, money spent by fans of the Diablo franchise who actually bought the collector edition because they were looking forward to PVP end up getting shafted? I don't think so Blizzard, you've destroyed your best franchises, and are now a company of 1 game, and when that 1 game is dead guess what happens to the company.

--- Razimus

• zoomcityzoomcity Member UncommonPosts: 9

Couldn't agree more with the Path of Exile comments. D3 vs PoE is just no contest.

Blizzard of course will try and extract as much cash as possible from the die hard fans.. the expansion should be free for those people (myself included) who shelled out a chunk of cash for a horrible initial game.

• stefanakisgrstefanakisgr Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Redcor

Amen

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

I supported Blizzard for a long time without being a "fanboy". I have D2 and the expansion. I have D3. I played WOW and the last expansion I bought was the Lich King. D3's expansion I'm sure will be fun if you liked D3. It's funny cause their original plan was no expansion and now there is one. I noticed some made the comment about there being no PVP.. which obviously isn't true as they have it. It might not be the PVP you were hopin for like there was in D2 never the less there is PVP. I stopped playing  D3 before PVP was introduced. I noticed throughout my experience on D3 that many people were unhappy with D3.. just really bashing D3 for whatever reason. What it really comes down to is people were hoping for a Diablo 2.5 instead of Diablo 3. They wanted everything D2 was and offered but put into a new game with new maps, items etc. etc. but with newer graphics. Obviously this wasn't gonna happen once Blizzard North departed but people were still hopin for it. 

If you are looking for more of a D2 gameplay feel you can check out Torchlight 2. It's actually a great game. You can play it online or offline. Basically it's sort of what people were hoping for in D3.. plus it was made by 2 of the 3 guys who co founded  Blizzard North. The creators of the game Mythos are also apart of it and they also worked on Diablo and were apart of Blizzard North. Also involved was the guy who created the game Fate. If you haven't checked out TL2 it might a good idea just to see if if it's something you might like.

Marvel Heroes is another type of game similar to D2. The 3rd co-founder of Blizzard North is apart of the team that made Diablo 1 and 2. If you like Marvel comics and super heroes check it out.

Another good game is Path Of Exile. This game is quite good and at least worth trying out. I know a lot of people that left D3 and D2 play POE. Anyways there are some alternatives for those not into or not happy with D3 anymore.

If for some reason you get to preview D3's expansion fpr free you should definitely do it. You might like it.. it does look like it would be fun. I wouldn't mind tryin it out myself for free. If I liked it I would buy it. Throwing more money out for the expansion without tryin it first would be crazy in my case seeing how I already stopped playing D3.