Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a MMO with a Samurai or Katana class.

XtraSaltyXtraSalty Member Posts: 5

Hello guys, 

I was just wondering if you guys know any good mmo's with a good katana, Samurai class. P2P or F2P does not really matter to me. I was thinking maybe Cabal. But i figure i should just wait for Cabal 2. 

Any suggestions would be awesome :D

Thanks,

Salty

Comments

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    What about Age of Wushu i believe it's very popular also.

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

FFXI has Samurai with Great Katana.

It also has Ninja with dual one-handed katanas.

• XtraSaltyXtraSalty Member Posts: 5
    I tried it and did not like it very much
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

Out of all the MMOs I've played in my time, most only had japanese swords as weapons; never a samurai-like class.

The only game I can remember right now with a samurai (and ninja) class was FFXI, and that's terribly dated and I wouldn't recommend anyone start playing it now.

There are some pretty awful F2P games out there with asian themed settings, but most of them are not very good at all and just a waste of time.

Samurai/Ninja things aren't really in MMOs unfortunately; all single or multiplayer action games (newest multiplayer one being Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior).

• XtraSaltyXtraSalty Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

Out of all the MMOs I've played in my time, most only had japanese swords as weapons; never a samurai-like class.

The only game I can remember right now with a samurai (and ninja) class was FFXI, and that's terribly dated and I wouldn't recommend anyone start playing it now.

There are some pretty awful F2P games out there with asian themed settings, but most of them are not very good at all and just a waste of time.

Samurai/Ninja things aren't really in MMOs unfortunately; all single or multiplayer action games (newest multiplayer one being Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior).

Yea it seems to be that way :(. I remember playing COH and my favorite primary power was the Katana Scrapper. 

• CamShirayukiCamShirayuki Member UncommonPosts: 23
    A semi-decent game that has both a samurai class and a ninja class is Conquer Online. 
  • DjevikDjevik Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by CamShirayuki
    A semi-decent game that has both a samurai class and a ninja class is Conquer Online. 

This guy is right, but if you going to play on the real server, get ready to put hundreds of dollars into the game to be on par with anyone... 

or

if you have all the time in the world, then farm 12 hours a day and hope you get a dragonball but I played the game back in 1.0 and quit when the item mall came out... and go back to it from time to time.. what I am saying is

I played the game 3 years straight and maybe I got 4-5 dragon balls from drops the whole time I played.. the first year I put roughly 900usd into the game to compete with the other players on the server...

the game is full of eggy and br's aswell so I honestly wouldnt choose this game

• GearhogGearhog Member CommonPosts: 1
    Black Desert Online... Apparently Tera does now. However I haven't tried yet. I know this is an old post... I'm posting for other people who come across it. I'll update if I discover/remember more.
  • stimulus999stimulus999 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    edited May 2016
    Dragomon Hunter has a fun samurai class, if you can get past the chibi-anime style characters and rampant botting.
    Tera has a ninja thats very fun at the moment (i say atm , cuz im pretty sure its "too fun" and the nerf bat is on its way)
    ive been warned .lol
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Ninja in FFXIV for katana

Aura Kingdom has a Samurai class with no resource system, just cooldowns like in GW2
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    Utima Online has both Ninja and Samurai classes.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited May 2016
    Don't play Age Of Wushua the American version play Age Of Wulin which is very well translated and IMO one of the best mmo out today.  Some feature have never been seen in any mmo to date.

http://en.wulin.webzen.com/GameGuide

• SaelemSaelem Member UncommonPosts: 31
    FFXIV has a Ninja and it's pretty heavily rumored Samari will be arriving in the future.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    FFXIV ninja class uses 2 of the short swords.
  • NorthernHermitNorthernHermit Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Biggest necro ever XD Musa in BDO is still really weak in PVP but yet enjoyable to play.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Nice necro xD 
    How about 9-Dragons lmao
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    BacK Desert Online

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(