Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anything Good come out this year??? I dont think so.

2»

Comments

• Maria-MariaMaria-Maria Member Posts: 2
    man... 
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Maria-Maria
    man... 

human...

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I never have enough time to play all the games I want to. I'm glad I'm not you people....
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    NO..... SWTOR has scarred me for life  :(
  • Bior39Bior39 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by CowboyHat
    Try ffxiv? You might just be burnt out.

If all MMORPGs these days weren't WoW clones, he wouldn't have burned out.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Was also going to say final fantasy 14.  Having a blast playing!
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283

FF XIV was a major surprise for my wife and I. The gameworld is incredibly beautiful and vibrant, combat has been done before(but that's a good thing) and there's always a new system mechanic(crafting,leves,grand companies etc) that I have never seen before.

Our Free Company(guild) is thriving and we're just hitting our stride with dungeons and the storyline quests. I fully recommend this game or at least giving it a try.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Ive had tons of amazing games to play this year.

Since this is in the general games section im assuming the OP isnt only talking about mmos? 

Let me run down my list.  DMC, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Saints Row 4, Rogue Legacy, Blood Dragon, Path of Exile, Papers Please!, Metro Last Light,  GRID 2, Company of Heroes 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Outlast, Amnesia & Payday 2 are all the games that released this year that i purchased that were really, really fun.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Well mmos no

But non mmos. Europa universalis 4, the new rayman, eldritch, civ expansion, terraria update, shadow warrior reboot
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Bcuda
    In January I'll be stuck inside for a couple of months . And I've been waiting for a good game to keep my attention. NOTHING has come out even half way decent. Neverwinter was terrible, EQ2 has run its corse .Star wars, Eve , Guild wars.  Nothing to talk about.... World of tanks i believe is the best game i've played this year, and the sister plane game too. When is someone going to put out something worth talking about for more then a month. We love talking up a game to only be disappointed. And i love when a company lets you preorder a game that will be out sometime in 2014 to 2017. Right!!!   Sorry all, it's been a real disapointing year game wise..

Dont you just love it when someone mistakes their opinion as mmo gaming industry fact. You might not like the games that are out right now but that doesnt mean everyone else agrees with your opinions.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by aspekx
    man... 

human...

Squid...

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    We haven't had a good Mmorpg in so many years, it's getting sad. Everything that comes out is extremely casual friendly themeparks or crappy ones that think sandbox means open loot pvp.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Originally posted by aspekx
    man... 

human...

Squid...

Squidbilly...

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse