Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting a three man Horde combo... new to game

My friends and I are looking to start up as Horde characters on a pvp server. We want to form a three man group, any races that will be well rounded for pve and pvp. I hear WOW is very forgiving and unlike other games you don't "need" a tank/cleric combo...

Even still I'd like some suggestions for a three man group. Doesn't have to be the UBER group combo. Just fun and rounded where their won't be tons of downtime or shying away from tough encounters.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• zerox168zerox168 Member Posts: 88

I'm not new to WoW but havent played in about 3-4 months and comming back, Can i join your horde group please heh? I know rouges are good in pvp and Priest's were good not sure now thoe

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

3 characters?

Warrior - this is your tank, holds the mobs attention while you kill it

DPS - any class that can do damage.

shaman, druid, priest - just in case you need some extra healing

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• iddmitriiddmitri Member UncommonPosts: 671

3 rogues. 3ambush+3backstab instant death. At the end it doesn't really matter what class you play just roll whatever you like the most.

• JAttractiveJAttractive Member Posts: 149

Thanks to all that replied.. we went with Priest, Shaman and Warrior.

Now for the next question. I am the warrior but I don't want to gimp hiim on talents and stuff... Is their a site that helps with character building that anyone would recommend for me?

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    I like this site for general research not sure it'll be any good for toon tweaking. thottbot.com
  • angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by JAttractive
    Thanks to all that replied.. we went with Priest, Shaman and Warrior.Now for the next question. I am the warrior but I don't want to gimp hiim on talents and stuff... Is their a site that helps with character building that anyone would recommend for me?

read the wow official forums, there should be a sticky thread there with that kind of information.

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• necrotanknecrotank Member Posts: 57

I would have went with a Tauren Shaman, Undead Rogue, and an Orc Hunter.

Necrotank

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

My friends and I recently started an alt 'stealth' group, consisting of: 2 rogues and 1 driud (me). We've had enormous fun ganking and stealthing through instances. Both classes can stealth and have some cc.

Ganking:
    With TrackerAssist (addon), I can broadcast basic information to the group from the humaniods I detect on the minimap. This allows us to pick our targets and avoid others. At level 43, 2 of us were able to gank a level 51 mage. Nothing like circling an upper level target stealthed, waiting for an oppurtune time. ^_^

PvE:
    As both classes can stealth, we don't have to wait for larger groups to form to hit bosses. We can stealth pass the mobs and head directly to the main target. By doing so, we can quickly blow through quests and level fairly fast.

Both rogues are PvP spec'd and my druid is a Restoration/Feral hybrid for greater healing.

Keep in mind, Blizzard's done a good job with their classes. I haven't found a class yet that I haven't enjoyed. Even if you make all Priests, you can have hella fun with Shadow specs.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    You cant really gimp your warrior since you can always reroll your talents if you talk to the warrior trainer in town.
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by JAttractive

Thanks to all that replied.. we went with Priest, Shaman and Warrior.

probably the best combo possible right there for PvE and PvP.
  • KingompaKingompa Member Posts: 37

WOW is very Warrior friendly. Understand that leveling him up you want to not gimp his DPS. I made the mistake of using too much of my former EQ ideas on what a Warrior was and put all my points into protection talents. Then at level 25 I asked my Warrior trainer to reset all my talents. I then spread them out better to suit the group and playstyle I am currently doing. See, leveling from 1-60 your Warrior will have different demands placed on him then when he reaches 60 and Raids become a big part of his life(if you choose to become a raider).

• JAttractiveJAttractive Member Posts: 149

My friends had me freaked out about the talents and how important it was not to gimp your guy. Turns out this game is not that unforgiving and like you guys pointed out I can always reset them. As Kingompa pointed out it sounds like I will want my levelling up build to be different than my raid build so I am building him with PVP and DPS in mind mainly.

I'm at work so I don't know the specifics but I am aiming for a final build (until I reset him for raiding if I ever decide to raid) of 31 in arms so I can get the last talent, I believe 11 in fury so I could get the stun talent for PVP and 9 in protection (all the rest of my points) so that I can get +12% to my chances to resist stuns etc.

I figure he should be great for PVP and solid for PVE (small groups and solo). I could set things a bit better for PVE but you level so quick in this game and our group is solid so I can spare a bit for PVP. That way I can mess around on the battlegrounds and have some fun.