Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Browsers

SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

when someone posts a link on the forums...and you click it, then it goes straight with the browser currently opne...

when you get engrossed in that site...you forget all about MMORPG.com...and what if you had some things you needed to do?

i see in live chat, that the links open in a new browser...

would it be a burden to have that happen on the forums also?

thanks

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    I am working on this one.  I think I found some Javascript code somewhere that would open all non-local pages in a new window...that would be the easiest way.  Otherwise I would have to use some processor-consuming code to replace all the <a href=""> tags to <a href="" target="_blank"> - and that would of course suck :)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

i thought it would be in bbml.....image

and o yea...if it works in chat, wont it be easy to make on the forums? i mean.,...you could just copy the code..

right?

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467
    They didn't write the chat room, some other company did and we just use it.  Thus he couldn't do anything w/the chat room even if he wanted.  Being that he scripted these pages he would have to do major re-writing.  Just because it's bbml in our little post boxes that we type in, doesn't mean that the rest of the site wasn't written in html.

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Yes, the chat rooms are Java based.  I am not a Java programmer (I write in Cold Fusion & ASP for web pages and C/C# for windows applications).  Java being the only choice for chat rooms in a web page I had to buy that one :)  The chat rooms are actually a product called RealChat (http://www.reachchat.com).

Supposedly there might be some JavaScript code I can put in the header for all pages that will "intercept" any links being clicked on the page and open a new window if they are not part of MMORPG.COM - but I still have to look into it.

Otherwise I will just have to change the code when you post/edit a message and search for all links and replace them with ones that open in new windows.  Not impossible, just more work :)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.