Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

31/10/2013 Facebook Like contest donation goal

ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

SV on 31.10.2013. announcend Contest and Hybrid Donation Goal which includes rewards for liking MO Facebook page. Rewards come in various types like 1x free premium game month and giveaway of ingame items and assets.

Original Link: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/announcing-a-new-contest-and-hybrid-donation-goal.93556/

Quote:

Greetings, Mortals!

We are pleased to announce the start of a brand new contest and hybrid donation goal which we’ll be running long-term via Facebook. The contest will be a sweepstakes style contest, where winners are drawn from our pool of Facebook users who have liked the main Mortal Online Facebook page, while the goal of the hybrid donation goal will be not money donations, but Facebook likes.
Each week, two winners will be randomly selected and notified in a post on our main page. Our goal for likes will be set up in specific milestones. Once a given milestone is reached, the goal’s reward will be enacted. We have some great prizes to give away, so be sure to check back to see if you’ve won!
Without further ado, here are the prizes for the sweepstakes (to be given away in no set order):

• 1 month of game time
• Tier 1 house deed (excluding mage tower and keep)
• Free character slot on an account of your choosing
• Level 125 mount
• Level 125 pet (Excludes "exotic/magical" creatures. Animals only)
• Pre-Built, Tier 3 Tindremic or Log house. Will be transferred to the sweepstakes winner upon confirmation of which character the house will be going to. Standard house ownership rules apply.
• Custom in-game cloak
• Full Armor Set up to Cronite in materials
• Weapon up to Cronite in materials

As mentioned above, this contest will run concurrently with a hybrid donation goal. We will not be doing a monetary donation goal with this, but instead will be doing goals for certain “Like” milestones of the main Mortal Online Facebook page.
The prizes for this will be things that all players in Mortal Online can benefit from and enjoy. Based on how well the goals are achieved, more prizes may be added. Note that in order to reach the final goal, everyone will need to spread the word about Mortal Online to their Facebook friends, and get them to Like our page as well!

• At 6k likes – Henrik/Sebastian/Paratus will do a live Q&A session with people via Facebook.

• At 10k likes – Players will be able to submit designs for a new weapon to be added to the crafting system in-game. The winning design will be determined by votes from the Mortal Online Facebook community, and subject to approval by Star Vault.

• 15k likes -- Live Video Q&A with Henrik/Seb/Paratus

• 20k likes – Players will be able to submit designs for a brand new creature to be added to the game. The winning design will be determined by votes from the Mortal Online Facebook community, and subject to approval by Star Vault.

Details:
How to Enter: Simply “like” the Mortal Online main Facebook page!
Who is Eligible: Any person 18 years of age or older, as per our Terms of Service
Contest Dates: The contest will run indefinitely from the date of the announcement, but not permanently and at Star Vault’s discretion.
Claiming a Prize: If your name is announced as a winner, please contact us on Facebook and tell us your character’s name you’d like to receive the prize on. You may post it in the Winner’s announcement thread, or via a private message. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeit 30 days after the draw.

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    This will be interesting to see. I think the likes were around ~3400 prior to this announcement. 20k stretch goal, eh. 
  • ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Toferio
    This will be interesting to see. I think the likes were around ~3400 prior to this announcement. 20k stretch goal, eh. 

3488 likes currently in 3 years of facebook presence, 2512 likes to go for a first stretch goal, at current pace it will take 2 year and 2 months to reach it O_o .

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Strange that they do not even have a link to their Facebook page in the ad asking people to go "like" them.  I ALMOST feel bad for them.  Kind of in a Keystone Cops kind of way...  ALMOST...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Lol, that's sad

LOL. Guess they still read my posts here as they just went and edited their announcement to add a link :-)

Wonder who the new Community Manager is.  They have gone through so many they no longer name them. Instead it's just a generic "Mortal Online Community Admin".  I think we can guess based on posts over here (and no not the OP)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

LOL. Guess they still read my posts here as they just went and edited their announcement to add a link :-)

Wonder who the new Community Manager is.  They have gone through so many they no longer name them. Instead it's just a generic "Mortal Online Community Admin".  I think we can guess based on posts over here (and no not the OP)

I PM-ed Community manager after your post, so it is your credit :) . Also, I post many posts here, but have absolutely nothing to do with SV. SV has its many issues concerning professionalism and much of bad history, due to their own fault caused mostly by inexperience. Nevertheless, it upsets me how much trashtalk MO received on mmorpg forum. It truly does not correlate with current state of a game, so I just tried to post some objective info about it.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Zeeraha
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Nevertheless, it upsets me how much trashtalk MO received on mmorpg forum. It truly does not correlate with current state of a game, so I just tried to post some objective info about it.

There's also that part called history, not everyone can just shrug off being lied (yes, it's relative, let's not discuss that) to. I still don't really like how SV handles things tbh, and think that game design is trash, but nevertheless I find it interesting to see how the game develops as I have an interest for sandbox game, regardless of quality. 

I PM-ed Community manager after your post, so it is your credit :)

You can pass on my offer that they can run any future ideas by me and I will give them advice for free until they turn a profit.