Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healer looking for a game

2»

Comments

• gogogo271gogogo271 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by gogogo271

Originally posted by gogogo271 Hello everyone, I am a healer since Helbreath and I can not find the feeling of the old games. Let me explain: the game where healers do not move and use one or two skills are annoying to die for me. I'm looking for a game where healers need: [*] Skill [*] Responsiveness [*] Anticipation
    Not only healing but also buff (like shields)
    Unsurprisingly, being healer, I like the team play.
    Recently tested games that did not give me satisfaction: SWTOR: Boring, boring and boring. RIFT: It's better but still not it. FF14: Not even worth talking about, healing is as well interesting that a slug weightless on the moon. GW2: Oh, no healer. Thank you for your answers.   PS : F2P or P2P doesn't matter. 

Why bring this to everyones attention?  Its a known fact and would not be a suggestion.

When you buy a mmorpg, you're not expecting to have to play as dps. It should be noted in large letters on their website that there is no tank and healer in the game, I'm sure it would have helped me and others not to lose money in their game

When you buy an mmorpg (or any game) you should do a bit of research so you know what you are getting. More games are going to be developed without the holy trinity system so you may want to look at the details before you buy them. 

Most gaming websites incorporate a FAQ section that make it simpler for people to get an idea of what their product is about. GW2 FAQ (3rd question down). It's not in large letters, but it is plain to read.

edit: snip

I could agree with you if GW1 did not exist. But when you make a game that does not look like the first, you can not afford to call it GW2.

Even watching videos I did not imagine for one second that the healers were not there.

Originally posted by svandy

So this may be an off-the-wall answer, but have you tried Medic in Planetside 2? You won't be buffing anyone, but you will move plenty, heal, res, work with your team to kill the enemy, etc etc. You'll have very few moments of just sitting around doing nothing. But I suppose if you can't stand PVP or something it won't be the game for you.

Yes I did, and it is true that it is fun to play healer within. My only problem: too repetitive.

Originally posted by fivoroth
    You've pretty much covered the main mmos. I play healer quite a lot and I found wow to offer the most variety. You have 5 very different classes with their own cool mechanics.

It is certainly very complete. But I can not play with such graphics.

Originally posted by Ender4

AION is pretty decent imo, F2P and you get all of the content and they have a fast track server if you are more worried about end game than leveling. I would avoid Tera, the healing in that game was just downright obnoxious since the UI got in the way of your job.

I'll take a look at Aion. Thank you for your comment on Tera.

• Rhystic02Rhystic02 Member Posts: 82
    Tera healing is fun UI is not a problem.

< image

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by LachyFTW
    World of Warcraft is what you are looking for.

I would have to agree.

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    I thought the healing in TERA was fun. There are plenty of intense moments to keep the excitement level up and the people seemed cool if they happened to die once or twice :)
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
     I would also have to agree with Tera,  two types of healers with different play styles.  Here's a vid of a priest doing MCHM dungeon.  http://www.twitch.tv/enmasseentertainment/b/439873432

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

I'm surprised there has been no mention of LotRO.

Healing is robust there with interesting classes and the graphics still hold up.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Hello everyone,

I am a healer since Helbreath and I can not find the feeling of the old games. Let me explain: the game where healers do not move and use one or two skills are annoying to die for me. I'm looking for a game where healers need:

1. Skill
    2. Responsiveness
    3. Anticipation
    4. Not only healing but also buff (like shields)
    5. Unsurprisingly, being healer, I like the team play.

Recently tested games that did not give me satisfaction:

SWTOR: Boring, boring and boring.

RIFT: It's better but still not it.

FF14: Not even worth talking about, healing is as well interesting that a slug weightless on the moon.

GW2: Oh, no healer.

Thank you for your answers.

PS : F2P or P2P doesn't matter. 

I agree with you it is very boring to play healer in resent games.You never get the feeling that you saved your Group you allways get blamed for Deaths, you dont have any decent healing skills.I loved playing healer in ac,vanguard,eq2 and some other old games nowdays it sucks.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Po_gg

Originally posted by gogogo271 Thank you for all your answers. I notice that nobody has talked about AOC, I guess the healer should not be quite fun. We also spoke of TSW, but I'm annoyed by the fact that there have only 8 skills in the bar. Now on GW1, even with eight skills, the healer was complex. Is it the same thing on TSW?
    Since you can switch and shuffle your abilities as you want, I'd say it's pretty complex, you can be any type of a healer - maybe with the exception of the standard burst heal spammer one, there are many of those abilities as well of course, but not very viable because of the longer cd. So small quick heals with HoT's / bubbles on the side, with damage, and 1-2 big, "oh, sh.t" heals will fill your slots most of the times :)   I didn't say AoC only because you've said "something recent" and it's more than 5 years old. BS is one of most fun healer I have. ToS is nice too, but more like a glass cannon dps with heals than a full healer (and not using the combo system). PoM is the "same-old" mmo priest, with some additional flavor, but to be honest, never pulled him above 40... So if you plan to check AoC, start with the bear, it's great.
    I tried TSW, unfortunately I do not like the game

When I said something recent, I mean in terms of graphics. Sorry if I misspoke. I'll try AOC now. Then maybe I will look towards Tera. If neither suits me I do not know where to look.

For other games that have been suggested to me :

EQ2 : too old

Vanguard : too old

DAOC : too old

DDO : great game but  too old

Knight Online : My eyes are bleeding.

Wow : My eyes are bleeding again.

Wurm Online : Ok, no more eyes...

Originally posted by gogogo271 Hello everyone, I am a healer since Helbreath and I can not find the feeling of the old games. Let me explain: the game where healers do not move and use one or two skills are annoying to die for me. I'm looking for a game where healers need: [*] Skill [*] Responsiveness [*] Anticipation
    Recently tested games that did not give me satisfaction: SWTOR: Boring, boring and boring. RIFT: It's better but still not it. FF14: Not even worth talking about, healing is as well interesting that a slug weightless on the moon. GW2: Oh, no healer. Thank you for your answers.   PS : F2P or P2P doesn't matter. 

Why bring this to everyones attention?  Its a known fact and would not be a suggestion.

When you buy a mmorpg, you're not expecting to have to play as dps. It should be noted in large letters on their website that there is no tank and healer in the game, I'm sure it would have helped me and others not to lose money in their game

I think your going to have to make a decision between good graphics and engaging gameplay as a healer because you are not going to get both these days.  There just are not any what you would call modern graphics MMO's that have not dumbed down gameplay to the point of making healing little more than whack-a-mole.  Even TSW that has in my opinion one of the deepest and most engaging skill synergy systems degenerates the second you hit that first attack.  It's a game where the theory crafting of setting up your character for combat is way more engaging than the actual combat itself.  TSW would need twice as many active ability slots at least to even have a chance of making it better and that would break so many things in the game I don't think it would even be a option.

I don't play tank, heal or support roles in newer MMO's anymore as there really is no enjoyment in it for me.  DPS is the only role that new MMO's do even tolerably well and what little lip service they give to the other roles is more DPS with a little flavor than a true role focused on a specific non dps action.

For what it's worth if you can look past the graphics and age issues my personal opinion is that EQ2 has the best non DPS classes around for small group/raid sized content if your interest is being able to focus on something other than pure DPS.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by fivoroth

When you buy an mmorpg (or any game) you should do a bit of research so you know what you are getting. More games are going to be developed without the holy trinity system so you may want to look at the details before you buy them. 

Most gaming websites incorporate a FAQ section that make it simpler for people to get an idea of what their product is about. GW2 FAQ (3rd question down). It's not in large letters, but it is plain to read.

A lot of people don't do research when they are buying video games or other products for that matter. I usually spend 5 min or less if I even bother :D

Which other games are looking to launch without having class roles?

Everquest Next is one that may.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I could agree with you if GW1 did not exist. But when you make a game that does not look like the first, you can not afford to call it GW2.

Even watching videos I did not imagine for one second that the healers were not there.

The entire genre is making huge changes (not really always for the good). It is a good idea to start checking games before buying them. EQ Next is a perfect example. It will be nothing like the first two.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299

I also LOVE being a healer, and feel the basically the same way you do. I... HAVE...tried them ALL. The only 2 that would work for you is WOW, and EQ2. Went back to WOW for a little while, and became WAY bored, quickly. Then tried EQ2 again, and found what I was looking for. A true MMO with the true trinity! The only negative thing right now is everyone is max LVL. So to get consistency in grouping you really need to be lvl 90-95 (95 max). There are still some lower lvl content grouping,(if you want to start a new toon) but not a lot. Also now, they are still offering an immediate upgrade to lvl85, you can still try it free for a lvl to see if you like it or not. This game is REALLY the ONLY game available with both an AAA background and true trinity functioning. Have fun!