Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adventure group?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I tried this once before to some varied level of success.

The first time it was with FFXI. It started off great at first, and we had a good amount of people in our "group". The idea is that we chose an older game (or newer) game and started off together. In FFXI we decided that we were going to ignore the "new" way of playing and play the old school way by leveling up from square one and doing all the older content together. It seemed like a fun and good idea. However, the group got really popular, really fast and me being a "casual" player. I just couldn't keep up with how fast we were growing. I made officers, and made some bad choices in that and we wound up as a zerg, and people started going against the original intentions of the group, which was to play together and play the "old" way. So that caused a split in the group as people were bickering over these newer players who were "rushing" to cap, instead of following the mission of the group. So eventually I grew tired of this and left. Many of the other good players we had left as well and the whole thing folded. However, while it was going strong it was a ton of fun, and I found that playing like this is one of the few things that keeps me entertained with MMO's now, since I've literally played them all.

So with that being said, I'd like to field who would be interested in something like this again. I will preface this by saying that I am not a hardcore player, and I consider myself super casual. I'm not going to be on all the time, and I don't expect anyone else to be either. If we have enough people playing, then usually it covers the "bases" and someone is always on, but its not something I enforce. Life is first, and games are second.

So, in saying that. Who would be interested?

If you are interested, what games come to mind?

In keeping with the casual approach I'd prefer something "Free to play". I'd also prefer something that has a PVP stake. I have fun facing other players, and its just a big deal for me. It's not a game breaker though.

Think about it.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I would like to jump in on this, sounds like an amazing idea. Free to play would be to attract more people but I can do p2p.
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    I'm down for that, pvp is good with me as I play a lot of different games that have it.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

any game suggestions?

I was looking at TERA possibly.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

So many games out there, I was gonna check out a game called Nether when I get outta work. Early access starts today, may like it or say bye bye to it quick.

Ok let's see we have:

Aion

Age of Conan

DC Universe Online

LOTRO

SWTOR

Rift

Neverwinter

TSW is F2P?

Tera

Star Trek Online

I've wanted to give AoW a try.
  • AppleMartiniAppleMartini Member UncommonPosts: 1

I am so interested in this idea! I've been wanting to play Tera and have played it a for a few short levels about a month ago but not really knowing anyone else playing it kind of got me bored and I'm really at a point in my "gaming life" where I'm just playing a little bit of everything lol. I'm looking for a group of friends that I can sink into a game with so, with that being said, I wouldn't mind playing Tera, Rift, Dragon's Prophet, LoTRO, Aion. Probably a few more games I'm forgetting...

Hopefully we can get some sort of group going soon so we can take advantage of the weekend.
  • paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Hey Guys,

Would really be interested in this.  Sounds like my kind of play style - i'm never in a rush to max level and always prefer to be playing in a group with others.  I too am more casual - i may drop in a few hours after work a few nights a week, maybe a bit of time at the weekends.

Im currently playing FFXIV - would be happy to sub for something else though if required.  I also have bought GW2 (Around lvl 50 iir)

As for Free 2 play games, i like to keep these on my HDD :-

• Aion - I have a lvl 40 Templar on the EU Servers - it's a good game with lots of group content.
    • Lineage 2 - Was my first real MMO a long time ago.. i would really like to maybe get into it again - tried several times recently but not really a game to enjoy alone - made more difficult by only being able to speak to friends before lvl 40.
    • Tera - Again i have a high lvl Slayer on here - another good game, but you really get sick of the quest hubs on this one, really like the combat though - just gets a bit boring.
    • Age of Conan - Seems a really good game, i think i have played upto lvl 30 ish on here
    • Allods - Have played upto around lvl 30 ish.. good game but seems to take forever to level up and seems a lot of Pay2win with the cash shop - however there is a new subscription server.
    • Ryzom - a pretty unique game, getting on a bit now - but is free upto around lvl 120 i think.  Has some unique ides like completely customisable skills, actual seasons and in depth crafting - more sandboxy, ie no real quests after leaving the noob zone..
    Hope we can get this going soon - excited!

Take Care

Cheers
    Paul

• largrettalargretta Member UncommonPosts: 12

Me too guys :3 don't forget me >.<

Here is my skype : killaxtc1

I think we should all like group chat or something and come up with a game :D

Yea we should get this started, I dont have to work on the weekends : )
    K then lets post our skype's here? :O I think it is the easiest way to communicate :D
    what timezone are you guys from? I'm EST time.
  • MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    You guys should take a look into Wurm Online, for the crafting and pvp and community play.
    I'm EST too :D
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Id like to join you guys. Looking to enjoy a slow paced level and explore a large game world, run some group dungeons ect. Send me a pm with info when you figure out a game please.
  • KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

I didn't think anyone else played games this way anymore. Every group I ever played with has always been about "rush rush rush, grind grind grind." I would very much like to try and participate in this, I honestly expect this to go out the window and have people break the spirit of the idea you have here, and I'll probbaly move on when/if it does happen. But I'll stick around while people stick together as a group. I'm also big into pvp games, so it seems a good fit.

Some suggestions as well,

Warhammer Online

(Yeah I know it's shutting down in mid december, but it's a 100% free to people who have/had an account, and no longer restricts content till shutdown. Has PVE and PVP and is heavily group oriented in both.)

Haven and hearth (all pvp, and numbers and group play are a requirement.)

I'd play through just about anything really, except WOW or something I've played to death in the past.

PS: Central US time here.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152

I'm also up for joining!

I've actually realized that playing with a group.. in the current stage of most MMORPG's, is the only way I actually enjoy the game. Soloing a MMORPG with huge open world just isn't for me.. I could go play Skyrim on 360 for that. So yeah.

I've been playing LoTRO off and on now.. It's fun, and I think it'd be a lot better with a group.

But Vanguard is where it's at for a group like this! I've never personally played it, but I know it's heavily based on group content. 

Central Standard Time US for me. Very interested in this group! I'm also a casual player, don't have much time during the day but have plenty of time late evening. Please keep me updated!

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

you guys should check out Vanguard too. its great for group content. has a ton of non-instanced dungeons starting at about lvl 11, if i remember correctly. the crafting is all interdependent as well and actually can produce useful items for leveling, especially if you're taking your time.

along with this it should still have an ability to turn off xp individually so you can fully explore and not outlevel the content. as well, you can form a Brotherhood (i think that's what its called). in which xp earned by one person while they are on line is apportioned out to every member. this not only helps with those who might occasionally be on at odd times, but assists in keeping the group within the same level range.

it is also f2p. they removed most of the gear and other restrictions they originally had in place when they switched over to f2p.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by aspekx

you guys should check out Vanguard too. its great for group content. has a ton of non-instanced dungeons starting at about lvl 11, if i remember correctly. the crafting is all interdependent as well and actually can produce useful items for leveling, especially if you're taking your time.

along with this it should still have an ability to turn off xp individually so you can fully explore and not outlevel the content. as well, you can form a Brotherhood (i think that's what its called). in which xp earned by one person while they are on line is apportioned out to every member. this not only helps with those who might occasionally be on at odd times, but assists in keeping the group within the same level range.

it is also f2p. they removed most of the gear and other restrictions they originally had in place when they switched over to f2p.

I"m up for joining. I"m EST.  Vanguard would be perfect but I'm up for anything :)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

I wouldn't mind joining this is you do Vanguard. I like that game a lot but soloing in it gets kind of lonely.  I'm also up for similar games in a group.

Alright then let us do like a vote/poll ? :O With the different mmos
    OK Here's a Poll - lets decide which game we'll play!
    For AoC wouldn't it hinder us since there is a subscription :O
    Originally posted by largretta
    For AoC wouldn't it hinder us since there is a subscription :O

Nah it's optional - I'm sure we could get some enjoyment out of the game before having to fork over any pennies!

I've just started playing it this afternoon actually :)