Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final blow to Xbox One? COD: Ghosts - 720p @ Xbox One, 1080p @ PS4

Comments

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Swids2010

Why is this even being discussed on this website in what possible way does the graphic difference between xbox and ps4 and a call of duty game have anything to do with with MMORPG's.

On a separate note when I had a look at the specs for both systems i realised that when I upgraded my PC at the end of last year it was far better than these toys. And as my rig is already better and will probably be upgraded 2 maybe 3 times in the life span of the new consoles i feel sorry for you people that have not advanced beyond these children's toys.

Hi there!

You look like you are lost, here let me guide you back to the MMORPG forums. This is general gaming and we talk about general gaming stuff here!

Have a nice day!

• drantikdrantik Member Posts: 29
    Deleted.
  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Perhaps part of the reason the PS4 seems more capable is the OS overhead.   All those integrated voice commands multitasking etc.... have to come at some cost to the rest of the system.
  • goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Who cares its cod zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by gamer1979

I have had my 360 since day one.  I will be buying an Xbox one on day one.  I see there is another post trying to claim BF4 on PS4 is far better than xbox one, well this article proves that one false. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-no-discernible-difference/

And im sure that this will not be the "final blow" to the Xbox one.  In the end these post never makes sense, especially on a mainly pc site because my PC will blow away both the my Xbox one and your PS4. 

Have fun with your PS4 not sure why you feel the need to make up things to try and make your ps4 better then the xbox one, seems like you might be worried the xbox is going to sell more then your ps4. 

Well here is one of many that says it does look a lot better.... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/30/battlefield-4-how-xbox-one-and-ps4-stack-up-against-pc/

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Tissmogi

ROFL!!! This wins the internet. PlayStation forever!!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Does the XBox One still require a fee to play online?  Is it still going to be free for PS4 as it was for PS3?  If so, PS4 wins IMO.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Does the XBox One still require a fee to play online?  Is it still going to be free for PS4 as it was for PS3?  If so, PS4 wins IMO.

Both consoles have the same online pricing model this gen. If you want to play game online on the PS4, you have the pay a subscribtion like xbox live gold, and xbox one no longer requires an internet connection.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by VastoHorde

You all try too hard.

March 22 a new era in FPS begins on Xbox One 

Did most of that in Tribes already. Just saying.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Unfortunately Duck Hunt is better than CoD.

• MMOManiacsMMOManiacs Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Originally posted by Krashner
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

Unfortunately Duck Hunt is better than CoD.

+1

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Battlefield 4 on both PS4 and Xbox One

What is astonishing about this video is that the Xbox One versions looks so much better than the PS4 1080p version. Something is not right with the PS4 version.  Sony not telling the truth about something here.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by ThomasN7

What is astonishing about this video is that the Xbox One versions looks so much better than the PS4 1080p version. Something is not right with the PS4 version.  Sony not telling the truth about something here.

Some say it looks better on PS4 and some say it looks better on Xbox One. It should not even be a debate at all imo. Waiting for real next gen reviews to see what they have to say. I am sure the PS4 version will get the edge but I want to see just how close does a 720P Version look to a 1080P version because right now I don't see anything. From seeing the videos the Xbox One Version has a more crisp look to it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/10/29/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-vs-ps4-no-discernible-difference/

" Both versions are treated to post-processing anti-aliasing too, seemingly equivalent to the refined, high setting on PC. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. As you may notice in our screengrabs, the actual results on PS4 lack the corresponding level of crystal clarity we’d expect of such a significant resolution boost. This should surely be a home run for Sony's SNE -2.72% console, but what is likely to be a software-based upscale to 1080p delivers less-than-stellar returns, and for better or worse leaves the Xbox One with an often crisper looking, albeit much more aliased image. "

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Regardless of who wins, the question you should all be asking is:

Are you prepared to dish out $60 for each and every game ?

PC Gaming for the win, with Steam, Bundles, etc...

Cant beat the FPS gameplay and price of PC games.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

I'm not fan of Xbox and I'm not graphically inclined but I cannot see a difference between the two. Without putting which was PS4 and which was Xbox I would never be able to tell the difference =/

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I paid for a year of PSN subscription and it's one of the best purchases I've made in a long while.

I've downloaded many titles for no additional cost and I plan to continue doing that. Instead of spending top dollar for some titles on day one.

"Are you prepared to dish out $60 for each and every game ?"

I see this as optional now. And that price goes down as time goes by too. PC isn't the be all and end all as I once thought.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

Wait, wait, wait!

You mean instead of playing the game in HD, I'll have to settle for playing the game in HD?

That simply will not do.

One is HD and the other one is Full HDand with 4K, you have Ultra HD

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

I'm not fan of Xbox and I'm not graphically inclined but I cannot see a difference between the two. Without putting which was PS4 and which was Xbox I would never be able to tell the difference =/

You would see the difference when you see it on a 40 inches or more TV as I see a difference all the time between MGS4 which is in 1080p compared to every other game thats in 720p...and its a big difference.

Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

You would see the difference when you see it on a 40 inches or more TV as I see a difference all the time between MGS4 which is in 1080p compared to every other game thats in 720p...and its a big difference.

It isn't a big difference at all. Just hate when Sony fanbois just love to hype nonsense up.

Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Yeah but on consoles you can trade in your games getting some kind of rebate where as the pc you can't. You may upfront 60 bucks but you get money back towards another game of choice.

• gamer1979gamer1979 Member Posts: 28

If there were two 40in TVs next to each other one was Xbox one , one was ps4 without pausing or examining each one with a microscope you would NOT be able to tell.  Each review that either said the one was better or the ps4 was better this is what they did.  99% of player won't notice cause they won't be pausing and worrying about it because the difference is so minimal.  Have fun on your ps4. The only thing you will definitely notice is the errors that these reviews kept saying occurred only on the ps4.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

scrolled down the article and saw a family guy gif

'who the hell cares - oh fanboys care'

nuff said

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by deniromonk
    Originally posted by Ginaz Does the XBox One still require a fee to play online?  Is it still going to be free for PS4 as it was for PS3?  If so, PS4 wins IMO.
    Both consoles have the same online pricing model this gen. If you want to play game online on the PS4, you have the pay a subscribtion like xbox live gold, and xbox one no longer requires an internet connection.

There are some differences in what you get out of the box, without a subscription. Both consoles require a subscription in order to play games online with other people. This isn't any different than how things currently are with both consoles. Also not different is that with the PS4, you can use Netflix, Youtube, the web browser, etc. without paying a subscription, as well as the game recording/uploading software. If you never watch Netflix, Youtube or Hulu, this doesn't matter. If your console is an entertainment console rather than just a games console, the PS4 offers more for less money.

I still want to know why the XB1 went with a 720p resolution, which, all individual declarations to the contrary, is kind of a big deal. With both consoles having the same hardware, what is it about the XB1's software stack that keeps it from pushing what is now the 2nd best resolution? i.e. 4k is the best, 1080p is second best and 720p is now third best.

What gives here?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by ThomasN7

It isn't a big difference at all. Just hate when Sony fanbois just love to hype nonsense up.

Dude I see the difference just from playing MGS4 and Uncharted games on my 42 inch TV and they are both PS3 games.  Uncharted doesnt upscale to 1080p, it stays in 720p and MGS4 is 1080p native. Just hate when xbots dont have a clue