Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*FULL LOCK OUT*DONT DOWNLOAD THE NEW CLIENT WITHOUT ANSWERS

SnailsFTLSnailsFTL Member Posts: 10

Why have the forums about gameplay and discussion been locked down to only paying members ?

Is this game in such a fucking bad state of affairs that when they release a new patch (to improve gameplay) they know from experience its going to be full of bugs that destroy gameplay, so lockdown the discussion of any talk about improvement/glitches/state ?

I dont fucking know ? what the forums say ? i cant see them

Comments

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Forums work fine for me:

http://forum.neocron.com/

• SnailsFTLSnailsFTL Member Posts: 10

Youre only seeing the *attract new players* forums monitored by Nighogg. 

You cant see the actual community game discussions.  They have been masked from your eyes if your the non-payer.  The 'free' trial isnt free, you have to sign up with a company called 'click-to-pay' and give them all your CREDIT CARD DETAILS, coz its FREE lolol.  Then u get offer a stupid deal of 9.99 for 1 month, or about 17.99 for 3 months.  So you pick 3 monthsm, and you then you realised....you've been scammed for a FREE game.

Alos, (but im not sure about this one ) the client is spyware, i keep getting these FATAL RUN TIME ERRORS.  i think it encodes 10ACTAL spyware, im not a coder tho, i ran norton but i have to uninstall NEOCRON to be sure

• NidhoggNidhogg Member Posts: 36

Three forums are open to the public. The Announcements forum contains all the important news and discussions. It also contains patch notes and patch comments threads so the main issues are captured right there. Anyone can view the Announcements forum but only paying customers can post. Newcomers' Corner and the Player Guides and Help forums are also open for anyone to read and post. The remaining forums are only open for paying customers to view and post and are a benefit of having a full account.

N

/edit - the trial *is* free and there is *no* spyware in the free arcade game we developed (as you suggested earlier) or the Neocron client.

Originally posted by Nidhogg

Three forums are open to the public. The Announcements forum contains all the important news and discussions. It also contains patch notes and patch comments threads so the main issues are captured right there. Anyone can view the Announcements forum but only paying customers can post. Newcomers' Corner and the Player Guides and Help forums are also open for anyone to read and post. The remaining forums are only open for paying customers to view and post and are a benefit of having a full account.
    N
    /edit - the trial *is* free and there is *no* spyware in the free arcade game we developed.
    The announcement forum is Moderated Propaganda and Statements.  You have denied access to the discussion forums about your 'statements;.

The announcement forum is Moderated Propaganda and Statements.  You have denied access to the discussion forums about your 'statements;.

To find out if the game is what u say, you have to subscribe to a completely money-orientated subscription scheme through a company which is disgrafceful. 

Once subscruibed, you can THEN ACCESS the COMMUNITY forums you have HIDEN, but only once you have PAID. 

I wish I knew law, because even under inter-continental european union law, im sure 10Actel and KK is breaking so so so many laws.  But I dont, so at least Nidhogg I can discuss openly in the NON_NEOCRON FORUMS openly my opinion of the game without fear of you BANNING MY ACCOUNT, BANNING ME FROM THE FORUMS, GETTING MY POSTS REMOVED.. of wait, i hear youve done all 3.  i better shush. 

Nidhogg, dont try to drag me through the gutter using your usual discreditment tactic, ive seen u and Zoneseek in previous threads.  I wont be involved with that.

If theres no-spyware, why do i get a FATAL RUNTIME ERRORS ?  And when I try to log in, i ALT-TAB to get my password then have to rebot the 'client/launcher' but there im sure are probably only isolated iccidents.  I appreiate your response, and look forward to your next and the community officer(is that right, i googled u) of 10Actel.  thanks

What sort of FUD are you trying to spread? Because whatever it is, it's failing miserable.

1. The announcement forum for ANY game is usually locked. Why? They're for announcements, not discussion. That's what the other forums are for.

2. You must have not played any free trials at all because most of them require your credit card information. They only bill you after the trial period is up.

3. Why would you need access to the other forums when you don't even play the game? Reakktor allows viewing of the New Runners Corner which doubles as the general discussion, enough to see how players are enjoying the game.

Originally posted by Ranma13

What sort of FUD are you trying to spread? Because whatever it is, it's failing miserable.
    1. The announcement forum for ANY game is usually locked. Why? They're for announcements, not discussion. That's what the other forums are for.
    2. You must have not played any free trials at all because most of them require your credit card information. They only bill you after the trial period is up.
    3. Why would you need access to the other forums when you don't even play the game? Reakktor allows viewing of the New Runners Corner which doubles as the general discussion, enough to see how players are enjoying the game.

Your entitled to your opinion hmmN.  However since 10actels top representative has decided to give factual information...im now only interested in his.  If you give Nidhogg time to log back into HIS 10actel Account ;D im sure we'll both get answers. be great to chat later tho ;D

Originally posted by SnailsFTL
    Your entitled to your opinion hmmN.
    They aren't opinions, they're facts. If you can't accept facts, you have better things to worry about than Neocron.
    Id enjoy chatting R, after Nidhogg has.  If what you say is true, youll respect *without posting again in my thread) Nidhogg answering on the companies behalf - its better to get the answers from the horses mouth.

If you think our announcements forum is "moderated propaganda" then you've not read our announcements forum recently. ;) Since you've admitted you're a banned forum user you should remember the stickies that used to be at the top of Comm Talk? They're all now in the announcements forum so we're not hiding anything from anyone.

As to your second point, yes we have forums for paying customers. There's nothing out of the ordinary in that. And yes you have to give credit card details to sign up for the trial but there's nothing strange about that either in this industry.

I'm not trying to drag you through the gutter or anywhere else. I've answered your questions calmly and with respect; it's you who are levelling the accusations in this conversation. For example, I utterly fail to see how the fact that you can't ALT-TAB out of the game means that we have spyware installed. The only non-game code in the client is there to detect whether the client has been modified in order to cheat. We certainly don't have *anything* that probes your machine for information to be sent back to our servers, for example.

Do you have the latest drivers installed? The ALT-TAB issue is frequently card-related.

N

/edit - btw this is a public discussion forum, not a private conversation. I'm happy to hear all sides and so should you be.

He already answered your questions and you flamed him for his answers. This will be my last post in this thread because you have already proven yourself to be utterly naive and unwilling to accept any answers that don't agree with the ones you've already formulated.

• joran420joran420 Member Posts: 27

There is discussion on anychanges in the announcement forums....yeah the annouyncement forums are moderated....so are the comm talk and newbie forums...wait in fact every forum ive ever been in has been moderated

community talk is discussions by the community...the community being currently paying customers...I dont really like that theyve locked it to non paying customers but ...meh whatever its their forums....theres nothing hidden in the comm talk forums

anycomplaint found in the general forum can be found in the announcment forum....jsut read the threads your not missing anything without comm...

[edit] TBH OP is prolly just trolling for a reaction...

If you think our announcements forum is "moderated propaganda" then you've not read our announcements forum recently. ;) Since you've admitted you're a banned forum user you should remember the stickies that used to be at the top of Comm Talk? They're all now in the announcements forum so we're not hiding anything from anyone.
    As to your second point, yes we have forums for paying customers. There's nothing out of the ordinary in that. And yes you have to give credit card details to sign up for the trial but there's nothing strange about that either in this industry.
    I'm not trying to drag you through the gutter or anywhere else. I've answered your questions calmly and with respect; it's you who are levelling the accusations in this conversation. For example, I utterly fail to see how the fact that you can't ALT-TAB out of the game means that we have spyware installed. The only non-game code in the client is there to detect whether the client has been modified in order to cheat. We certainly don't have *anything* that probes your machine for information to be sent back to our servers, for example.
    Do you have the latest drivers installed? The ALT-TAB issue is frequently card-related.
    N
    /edit - btw this is a public discussion forum, not a private conversation. I'm happy to hear all sides and so should you be.

Im not banned ? where did i say im banned ?  I said im French and i downloaded  the client but 10actel and KK and have deleted all the french forums and french Server.  Sorry if i gave the impression of being banned, im not banned i have a nc2 account, you just deleted all my friends and french server.

Where are my french server and freinds ?  I cant even talk in ENGLISH COMMUNITY TALK because youve HIDDEN FROM THE NON-PAYER , to see if my friends are talking there...your Neocron Program is a horrible (fleece?) i only want to palay and talk to my old friends for free in your trial...

but you deleteed the french server

you deleted the french community chat

you wont let me see the current gamestate in ENGLIUSH COMMUNITY CHAT without a VALID CREDIT CARD

you wont let me even log on to see if i have friends from the server u deleted, because i have no credit card.

I could get my credit card but i dont want to give it to 'click-to-pay' ,i dont know this company, i just want to trial and find my french frends.

Reakktor never provided French support - that was handled by a partner called Alchemic Dream but that partnership is now longer in force. We tried to continue French support to the best of our ability because despite what you might think we do not wish to alienate our French community. Unfortunately we simply do not posses the requisite resources to provide the service that you demand and deserve, so rather than plodding on with a poor service we made the decision to publicly announce that we would no longer support the French language going forward.

That doesn't mean to say that we don't support French *players* however! You are perfectly welcome to use the English or German forums (we won't mind Google translations either). But that's not what this is all about is it? You read and write English exceptionally well (certainly better than I read/write French) but the problem is that you do not have a paid account. I don't wish to sound harsh but we don't have the resources to support a chat room for French people who don't even play our game - that's not a reasonable request on your part.

N

Reakktor never provided French support - that was handled by a partner called Alchemic Dream but that partnership is now longer in force. We tried to continue French support to the best of our ability because despite what you might think we do not wish to alienate our French community. Unfortunately we simply do not posses the requisite resources to provide the service that you demand and deserve, so rather than plodding on with a poor service we made the decision to publicly announce that we would no longer support the French language going forward.
    That doesn't mean to say that we don't support French *players* however! You are perfectly welcome to use the English or German forums (we won't mind Google translations either). But that's not what this is all about is it? You read and write English exceptionally well (certainly better than I read/write French) but the problem is that you do not have a paid account. I don't wish to sound harsh but we don't have the resources to support a chat room for French people who don't even play our game - that's not a reasonable request on your part.
    N

Dont you dare insult me. 

You promised me not to dis-credit me, then you begins your last post by saying im banned ? then in this next post you COMPLETELY IGNORE THE MAIN POINTS raised and talk about something else.

Dont you dare dis-credit me and then ignore the questions.  WHY AM I BANNED ?

How much notice was the french server given before you deleted it ?

How much notice before u deleted our French Friends forums ?

What support was given to the french before/after you deleted our server ?

btw

QUOTE/

You read and write English exceptionally well (certainly better than I read/write French) thats because ive been force to learnm english since you delete french servers.  Im not ignorant.

• -FN--FN- Member Posts: 65

Dont you dare insult me.

Nobody has to insult you - you're doing quite a good job yourself.

The rest of the forums are for paid customers to further engage in game-related and non-game related converstaion in. There are two stickies in the Private Forums and *EVERYTHING ELSE IS PUBLIC*. Here, look:

There's no conspiracy. No propaganda. Go see your doctor, I think you're out of medication. It's simple. If you pay, you're a customer. If you pay, you get more support from the person you're paying. If you pay, you, get more access. It makes perfect business sense.

• -FN--FN- Member Posts: 65

[Edit - Double Post - Will someone please explain to MMORPG.com how crappy Cold Fusion is? Please?]

• deggilatordeggilator Member Posts: 520

Youre only seeing the *attract new players* forums monitored by Nighogg. 
    You cant see the actual community game discussions.  They have been masked from your eyes if your the non-payer.  The 'free' trial isnt free, you have to sign up with a company called 'click-to-pay' and give them all your CREDIT CARD DETAILS, coz its FREE lolol.  Then u get offer a stupid deal of 9.99 for 1 month, or about 17.99 for 3 months.  So you pick 3 monthsm, and you then you realised....you've been scammed for a FREE game.
    Alos, (but im not sure about this one ) the client is spyware, i keep getting these FATAL RUN TIME ERRORS.  i think it encodes 10ACTAL spyware, im not a coder tho, i ran norton but i have to uninstall NEOCRON to be sure

I've created a trial account 7 times. I haven't been charged once. The subscription deal you choose is only activated after the trial period runs out. Sorry for being rude, but if you had read the text of the registration process instead of clicking through each page you would have known that.

The client is not spyware and I really wonder why you'd think fatal run time errors would have anything to do with spyware.

Now, be a good boy and stop FUDing.

Currently playing:
    * City of Heroes: Deggial, Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster. Server: Defiant.
    * City of Villains: Snakeroot, Plant/Thorns Dominator. Server: Defiant.

• NullyNully Member Posts: 114

Wow your so aggressive for NO REASON!     i have played Neocron and beta'd NC2 and that game has always had FRE problems but i had a crappy PC back then so maybe that was it.   also he was NOT insulting you he was complementing your english you fool.

your just pissed off for no reason,  or a reason that does NOT exist!   nidhogg (sorry if spellt wrong) is a good person (i know ive wacthed and played this game for along time off and on)  and you need to lay off him cause the only one being insulting here is YOU!

fool

• chiefwigamchiefwigam Member UncommonPosts: 3
    ur the sort of person that would be on my KOS list in neocron, i read ur comments a few days ago and got me very fustrated, i forgot what u said by now, i just cant understand why ppl complain about such a fine game, iv played planetside, matrix, dungeons and dragons, world war 2 online, everquest 2, and none of em are near as good as neocron imo
  • NullyNully Member Posts: 114
    Neocron is an awsome mmorpg.   one of my favorites actualy.     hearing people like you say dump stuff just angers me....well annoys me alot but still
  • JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

I only know of 2 mmorpg:s that have tried hiding/deleting there forums:
    SWG & Mourning (aka Age of Mourning aka Age of Krel).

Denying people to read what the current subscribers think of the game (issues & such) is always a bad idea.
    (Also the click2pay trial is more difficult & confusing to setup than nedeed).

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Looks to me like the questions asked early on in the thread have been answered. Im locking the thread seeing as this is going to turn into a flame war by the looks of things.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

This discussion has been closed.