Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Season 8 Launching November 12th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and the Cryptic Studios team have announced that Star Trek Online, Season 8 will officially launch on November 12h. Season 8 will include the ancient Voth race and the Dyson adventure zone.

"We couldn't be more excited to announce the release date of Season 8: The Sphere," said Executive Producer, Daniel Stahl. "We continue to deliver free downloadable updates to the game and bring compelling new experiences to our players year after year.  We're also thrilled that Michael Dorn has reprised his role as Worf in not just our latest feature, but all of the previous Klingon episodes as well. Having another legendary Star Trek character lend their support for Star Trek Online shows our commitment to expand on the stories that make 'Trek' such a beloved franchise."

Read more on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    I vaguely remember the episode where everyone on the ship turns into different animals and Worf was a horny beast werewolf trying to mate with Troy.
  • EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    My point is Michael Dorn is my freakin hero.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Great news!  Been looking forward to this.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Always loved ST theme but quality of this game is not worth to have ST in title. Would be great if released i.e. 15 years ago or even before. But was not.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Always loved ST theme but quality of this game is not worth to have ST in title. Would be great if released i.e. 15 years ago or even before. But was not.

It's certainly not perfect, but, IMHO, it's MUCH better than it was at launch. I think as far as having a mmo for Trekker's, we should be happy to have even this. In a (my) perfect world (no pun intended) we'd have an amazing SP-Action/Adventure/RPG hybrid that took elements from Mass Effect, X3/TC/AP, and perhaps EVE, to make one hell of a Star Trek experience. But instead we get crap like the recent Star Trek game based off of Abram's "Space Rangers In Space" interpretation of Trek (though to be fair, I thought most of the TOS and TNG movies sucked as well, with the exception of two, maybe three of them). 

Anyways, I'm glad to see this still getting updates from time to time. Also having the cast of the shows do the voice acting is awesome. Especially Michael Dorn, 'cause he is one BAMF. I'll definitely be reinstalling this as I'm curious about all the recent changes.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by EndoRoboto
    I vaguely remember the episode where everyone on the ship turns into different animals and Worf was a horny beast werewolf trying to mate with Troy.

Do you blame him?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jackie36cnjackie36cn Member UncommonPosts: 2

wow...it is Season 8 now...so quick.

should i try this game again? any suggestion, ty.