Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else that played Lineage 1 pumped for this?

Seriously, I hope this is a true MMORPG like the video says, because I see so many similarities between this and Lineage 1.

A lot of Lineage 2 fans are going to be dissapointed that it isn't anything like Lineage 2, but that's because it's a true sequel to the original Lineage and not L2. When most people were playing Ultima Online I was playing Lineage, nostlagia factor 100 for this game.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Just watched the G-Star video, while it does remind me of L1, it also has a very Diablo feel so hard to say what sort of game it really is.

I know they keep saying its an MMORPG, but 3 or 6 players isn't massive which outside of one town scene is all they showed.

I hope its not a lobby game, where the only massive part of the world is in the hub, and everything else is instanced a la GW1.

But I will say, I'm more interested in this title than most of the MMO's coming down the pike currently. 

I really did like the drag skills, a nice touch of innovation that I haven't encountered before.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TekkinTekkin Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Kyleran

Just watched the G-Star video, while it does remind me of L1, it also has a very Diablo feel so hard to say what sort of game it really is.

I know they keep saying its an MMORPG, but 3 or 6 players isn't massive which outside of one town scene is all they showed.

I hope its not a lobby game, where the only massive part of the world is in the hub, and everything else is instanced a la GW1.

But I will say, I'm more interested in this title than most of the MMO's coming down the pike currently. 

I really did like the drag skills, a nice touch of innovation that I haven't encountered before.

Yeah I share the same concerns as you, but apparently it will have open world bosses which is a very MMO-like feature. Lineage is still the most popular mmorpg in Korea, I seriously doubt NCSoft would make a sequel to it that wasn't a massive open world.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am a Lineage 2 player and I am looking foward to this and Lineage 3.

• Pk4UPk4U Member Posts: 127

I was a huge fan of Lin 1. And I played Lin 2 quite a bit as well.

I can't wait for this game. I just have to give it a shot.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I was, but I need to see more, the one video I watched made it look like Gauntlet/Diablo1....

Never played any of the lineage games, played UO, and a ISO view does not scare me, prefer the 2D client still, when I play.

I will keep an eye on it, but I am not big into spam/hack 'n slash combat with big numbers, and huge weapons, so I am waiting to see more.

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158

i absolutely love how you can "draw" your attacks!

i certainly hope this is open world... but it seems, from the gameplay video, that much of Lineage Eternal would be instanced... else those battle scripts won't be possible execute...

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298

Me too, I'm a big Lineage 1 fan, one of the best sandbox MMOs I've played, I want to play this, mainly if Eternal can bring the same feeling that L1 had. Unfortunately, L1 has shut down in west, but it still is one of the most played MMOs in Asia, for example, there are 50 L1 servers in Korea against 35(or so) WoW servers or the 30 Lineage 2 servers. In China, Japan and Taiwan L1 also has a huge player base.

Por those people that always complain about grind, sorry, but Lineage has and it will alvays have grind, the market is currently saturated with themepark MMOs, and all of them are just WoW clones, where you reach the level cap in 3 days doing quests and after this, spend all your life in rows to do the same instances-arenas over and over, to farm the newest gear released, with absolutelly no drama.

I hope that LE brings back the old sandbox feeling that L1 has, focused in open world pvp-pk with item loss for pks and clan wars, where the players make their own alliances and enemies, unlike wow clones with the same static factions, in Lineage everything is dynamic, a big alliance can break up into small enemy ones and several small clans can become a big alliance. 

I'm waiting for you, Eternal, I hope a great sandbox as L1, with no place for carebears, where alliances fight for resouces like world bosses all over the world and a player-driven economy/politics via castle sieges as L1 did-does so well.

• WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156

I started playing Lineage 1 back in beta, sometime in 1999. I still to this day play it on and off (thanks to the Westknights server!). I hated Lineage 2. It was nothing like the original. If Lineage Eternal is in fact like Lineage 1, then they can count on me to be a lifelong player. However, I hope they don't screw it up by making everything instanced. Part of what made Lineage great is all the open world/dungeon bosses and the competition between players to down them. Leads to a lot of awesome world PvP.

Hoping to hear more infos on this game soon...

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Personally I cant wait for L3 to come out. Looks like its gonna be a fun game lets just hope it has that "it" factor that makes you keep playing the game not like all these new mmos which you play for a month and leave them, delete them and forget about them.