Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me find a mmo to play

2»

Comments

• ToneFishToneFish Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by HazorZ

I have tried tsw quite alot. not realy my style. 

If you dislike the setting you probably already have made a good call since it will not change.   But if it is other things that you do not agree with and you played it less than 50-60 hours then you might make the same mistake that I did.  I am glad I gave it a second chance and spend enough time to really appreciate the game.  For me it took well over 100 hours of gameplay before I was hooked.

I play AoC but have not done it regularly in the past couple of months so I should probably not say anything about the current state.   Also my account is now free to play so I no longer have access to all the features or most of the expansion.  Maybe someone more qualified who play it daily could help here?

• HazorZHazorZ Member Posts: 12

Well i might me good and polished, i realy like pvp, and from what i tried.. pvp in TSW sucked hard. Tho i can say this, i dont think i have ever seen a better atmosphere in a game ever. 

Thing is, i love flashy stuff, like armor and weapon i have gotten in raid and so on. That players can see that i have worked hard for it. 

Youtube have shown me some games that i realy want to try out. They are all very flashy, very good art style, animation, graphics, collision, music and gameplay.. and they all wil most likely not come out in eu :/

like Blade and soul, bless, archeage and echo of souls. They look realy good.

OMG hav you guys seen black desert? it looks awesome! That meets most my demands.. only that its still in closed beta................................ in korea...

• ToneFishToneFish Member UncommonPosts: 13

Well i might me good and polished, i realy like pvp, and from what i tried.. pvp in TSW sucked hard. Tho i can say this, i dont think i have ever seen a better atmosphere in a game ever. 

If you love PvP then there is probably a lot more interesting games than TSW.    My suggestions was mainly based on your initial post where you mentioned being a relaxed gamer preferring exploring, running around watching the scenery, a good atmosphere and general adventure over pvp and raid.  Scenery/world was the most important thing.  Then from my experience TSW is among the top games. AoC is great too but as with all things it comes down to personal preference in art styles etc.

For traditional PvP and Raids, nice looking armor etc I will not be able to offer much advice since I mainly go to WoW myself for those types of things.  

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

It seems to me you answered your own question :)

AoC has got the best music and the most beautiful scenery and still pretty much the best graphics in any MMO.

....and your friend is playing? Dive right in...

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

yeah skyrim is awesome. 

I have tried tsw quite alot. not realy my style. 

Anyone here play lotro or age of conan that can tell me how the state of the game?

I have not played lotro for a while now, so I couldn`t tell you.

Population in AoC is low, but after the latest server merges it feels better. I bet there will be a massive return of players for the crafting revamp (if it ever comes).

The dev team is small and they don`t get much done. But the game is huge, and for a new player there is plenty to do. 

i am at my friends house now playinge Age Of Conan while he explains abit. I have been playing for about 2 hours now.. and the combat.. hmm dont love it.. but i dont hate it.. yet.

Yes the world ,scenery and music is most important in my mind :) becouse pve and pvp conent is easy for the developers to patch in :) 

Icarus Online and black desert looks amazing. Anyone know when they come out? i have not found any info on it yet

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Icarus Online and black desert looks amazing. Anyone know when they come out? i have not found any info on it yet

It depends on where you live. If you live in the US or Europe, you'll most likely never see those games.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

A friend of mine plays Age Of Conan and he showed me a move about the scenery of a place there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYxvzmWMPo

Had my share of enjyoment in Aoc, but combat and graphics become outdated pretty soon.

Games i have tried: Rift.. awesome animation and ok graphics, but the sound... or more like "what sound?".. music is rubbish. 

Agree fully but animations should be much better. And npc's are constantly and annoyingly babling same monologues over and over again. Monologues? Actually not really, few words.

I tried Lotro a long time ago when it launced, clucky animations and graphics.. but awesome music.

Only good thing is .... music. But I'm not willing to spend 13€ for listening LOTR saga music.

so please help me find a game.  My mind is open to all games.. but mostly MMORPG`s.. not moba games.

Sorry for my bad english :(

Thank you!

Wow, Swtor, .... Eq2. All 3 have enough of free option to decide. I have however never been pro free games. Hard work put into something should return something to hard working people.

• MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143

Add GW2 to the list. And (I know I will be killed now) - SWtOR. If you care about aesthetic and music - try it. Aion also can be your game (still, if music and beauty is the key). In all 3 games exploring is a big thing, first 2 - story-based, Aion - classical grind-quest game (eclectic but gorgeous ). All three have great music and cartoonish style (no scary realistic characters). 

Just give it a try.

Just downloaded Swtor and gw2 today. I didnt play Swtor much. I like star wars.. not i dont... i LOVE IT, but swtor have the most stale and effordless character animations i have ever seen.. 1 npc can tell me a 2 hour story about something.. and move his lips 1 time. And that cash shop is like " IF YOU DONT SUB YOU ARE A RETARD". They show me spell i chould have bought if i where a sub..and show me items.. and so on. It became annoying. I dont like that kind of management. 

I have watched gw2 videos, the art animations and graphics where beautyfull, but the whole game didnt seem to have a heart for some reason. I cant explain it, but the characters, quests and story where abit.. stale. Ill play it to about lvl 30 ish and see if it getts better. 

For people that play gw2.. how are endgame?

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    If you are that bothered about pvp why are you looking at pve mmos?

Surely you should be looking at something where pvp is the main focus like darkfall or eve. Or the only focus like planetside 2. Or at least a game that goes 50/50 on its pve/pvp like age of wushu or at a push gw2, some people love it, me I was disappointed pvp wise I thought spvp would be as good as gw1 and WvW as good as daoc, but they aren't.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    OP stop being lazy and find your own bloody mmo to play.

gold, i dont want an fps game, darkfall dont have good music, graphics and so on like i stated i wanted in the first post. And nero.. why do you come to this post? Are you a forum troll that only come to talk shit? 

I have not played every mmo. Many of the mmos that are out there are probably very good, but i dont know. Thats why i need people that know more than me to show me these games. If you dont want to help, GTFO of this topic

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

OP chill. Looks like you have a satisfactory problem. You want a diamond in the rough game. You don't like this, but you like that. Well guess what, like a man can't be perfect, a game can't either. You should worry more about how FUN the game is. You want everything to be delivered in a silver plate and be fed with a silver spoon, and it needs to look la perfecta but don't care about how the food tastes.

I have become more of a casual gamer. When I was 15-20, I had the addictive effect on one MMO game. Time passes by as do your consciousness, and your addictiveness effect fades on that particular thing. Ever tried eatng pancakes, loving it, then after a few weeks or months you despise it? But eventually brings you back memories of how tasteful it was, and you start to like it again? Well, it works on games too. You just need to find something else to do, why should it be a MMORPG (Fantasy) game? Try Starcraft 2 or Planetside 2, or maybe even the new Battlefield. I can even suggest you try a single roleplaying game that will make you miss how interactive and social you were in an MMO.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited August 2015
    Neverwinter.
    Post edited by BrokenSilence on
    Sagil, i agree. Maby ill hold off on mmo`s to the next gen mmo`s comes out. Like EQ next, Wildstar and so on. Do you have any good rpg games that is not from the elder scrolls series?
  • sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291
    Sagil, i agree. Maby ill hold off on mmo`s to the next gen mmo`s comes out. Like EQ next, Wildstar and so on. Do you have any good rpg games that is not from the elder scrolls series?

The Mass Effect series or Witcher. Witcher 2  in difficult mode will give you intensive action. Mass Effect 3 is beautiful and has a nice story with different choices. Read up on them.

• VolkamVolkam Member Posts: 1
    If you enjoy good soundtrack try listening to Lineage 2 soundtrack. It's my personal favorite, very beaultiful, and even catchy. The music always go with the scenario, and when i listen to the music these days i can remember exactly the town, or the dungeon, as well as the feeling that music and scenario used to bring me. The game itself i like as well, but its days are gone so you wound't be having a new experience...but well you might as well try to find out!
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i have been quite surprised at how engrossing i have found Deus Ex: Human Revolution to be. its the second game in the series and i picked it up on a whim when it was on a Steam sale one day.

i have played that game over and over and couldn't possibly tell you why, but for some reason the setting and multiple paths of resolving various quests has been the most stand out so far.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse