Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halloween Event Nerfed - HARD

TrappinTrappin Member UncommonPosts: 66

The regular Uncle Pumpkin-Heads no longer drop Lya Sangi armors, glasses and patches, only the GUPH in 25% gas zones have the chance to drop armor, glasses, patches, guns and pillows. This is a radical departure from previous years and pretty much means the drops are controlled by L220 griefers and gankers.

Another reason to not login to Anarchy Online.

Comments

• ruzanruzan Member UncommonPosts: 2
    What a total crock :(
  • TrappinTrappin Member UncommonPosts: 66

I can't image why Funcom would do this, it's like they actually hate the playerbase.  Lya Sangi armor parts have dropped from L1-220 pumpkin-heads for years and years and now they simply nerf the Halloween event? For no apparent reason?

Complaining doesn't change things, so I decided to take action.  Walmart  sells game cards with item store bonus points, so I headed over to the local Walmart and bought three game cards and grudge-subbed to SOE Everquest.

Got that sweet station credit, too.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/12199hl.jpg
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

it seems that they dont want people to play their games,wonder if its going to be like that on their lego game.

+ i just heard that theres 2 additional  character slots these days so no new twinking items for new lowbies either who just came back ,wtf company haha.

theres no game director as far as i know so maybe some forum mod made those *cool* changes.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

During the last couple years Funcom has either laid off or fired at least seventy percent of their developers and staff.  We're left to depend on a collection of  fourth rank coders and programmers to maintain and keep the servers up and functioning - and that's pretty much the extent of their daily job requirements - keep_the_servers _warm.

I forget exactly how many new game directors we've had since Means left the position,  but it's probably at least four in less than 16 months. Can you imagine how screwed up their shop must be?

Funcom (Oslo) essentially recruits free student interns -paid for by the Norwegian government - to do a lot of the grunt work programming and coding. I know this because I played AO with three guys who played AO and live in Oslo and knew a bunch of the original team that worked on AO in the late 90's.

All of the best Funcom talent has moved on.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I played AO for many years.  But now I think Funcom should just do the world a favor and kill the game.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Trappin

During the last couple years Funcom has either laid off or fired at least seventy percent of their developers and staff.  We're left to depend on a collection of  fourth rank coders and programmers to maintain and keep the servers up and functioning - and that's pretty much the extent of their daily job requirements - keep_the_servers _warm.

I forget exactly how many new game directors we've had since Means left the position,  but it's probably at least four in less than 16 months. Can you imagine how screwed up their shop must be?

Funcom (Oslo) essentially recruits free student interns -paid for by the Norwegian government - to do a lot of the grunt work programming and coding. I know this because I played AO with three guys who played AO and live in Oslo and knew a bunch of the original team that worked on AO in the late 90's.

You know some guys who know some guys.......sounds legit

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

It's legit, whether you like it or not. Now, go [edit] play outside, okay?

• punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Small stuff to be honest. Nothing to really go crazy about lol. Just enjoy the game and calm down.
    Originally posted by punkrock2
    Small stuff to be honest. Nothing to really go crazy about lol. Just enjoy the game and calm down.

Too late, AO is off the hardrive lol. Enjoying the world of Everquest now., but thanks anyhow!

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

haha i remember camping those "small stuff to be honest" which makes the difference who is the twink and who is the gimp..

who owns the land and who dont own the land.

And this year theres no halloween it seems,wait another years twinks, its small stuff to be honest only 730 days ,jesus small stuff to be honest .

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Too late, AO is off the hardrive lol. Enjoying the world of Everquest now., but thanks anyhow!

Boy, if you are just making it to EQ that must be one heck of a backlog!

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

Well I´m going to check out that new Star Wars MMO, "Star Wars Galaxies" I heard it´s not bad  

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by apocoluster

You know some guys who know some guys.......sounds legit

Well he has a point tho.  Just look at TSW.

Auction House has been bugged since launch.

Gear Manager has been bugged since launch.

And their current Lead Developer says he hates SQL. Which in other Words means he hasn´t got much experience.

So Yeah.... it looks like they definitely fired their most expensive and thus most competent staff.

Tho. In their defence. This pretty much happens everywhere in the industry, when they want to cut costs most drastically.

It´s the shortsightness by top management that only looks at short term results to please stake holders and not at the long term negative effects. :-/

• punkrock2punkrock2 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by PAL-18

haha i remember camping those "small stuff to be honest" which makes the difference who is the twink and who is the gimp..

And this year theres no halloween it seems,wait another years twinks, its small stuff to be honest only 730 days ,jesus small stuff to be honest .

Lmao you forgot to turn the sarcasm off at the end. If this was you trying to troll me or get mad it failed. Have fun gaming buddy. Later.

Well I´m going to check out that new Star Wars MMO, "Star Wars Galaxies" I heard it´s not bad

This from a guy cruising the Anarchy Online board.

Played EQ from October 1999 to August 2001 then moved to AO and played until 2004, moved back to EQ for a while, then went back to AO for a year.

Played on the Fippy progression server in 2010(?) then back to AO for a while but really settled back into EQ on 6 silver accounts in 2011.

Originally posted by PAL-18

Lmao you forgot to turn the sarcasm off at the end. If this was you trying to troll me or get mad it failed. Have fun gaming buddy. Later.

You darn well know stepping / laddering into gear, including Lys Sangi gear, is the basis for all lowbie twinks, PVP or PVM.

Do you even play AO?

• XV999XV999 Member Posts: 36

I don't know why you even bother...

I've waited for so long in the hopes of one balance patch to fix agents,fixers,keepers,mps. You won't get a dog turd out of fc.

They want to run players off on purpose now so they can close ao and not make a big fuss about it and alienate the current players from any other fc properties... I can't believe a thing they say anymore.

Originally posted by XV999

They want to run players off on purpose now so they can close ao and not make a big fuss about it and alienate the current players from any other fc properties.

It seems crazy that a cash-strapped gaming company would spend time and money removing old content. Funcom can't even afford to update old textures and animations but someone made the call to remove drops from UPH's? Really?

Inexplicable. Nonsensical.