Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes and Generals

ethanlallaethanlalla Member UncommonPosts: 105

heroesandgenerals.com

WW2 Shooter with persistent theatre map.

A lot of us have been waiting for this, check it out its free, and only a 500mb browser dl.

Not the smoothest but its still beta, And it has a lot of potential.

Playing or interested in playing SWTOR? Use my referral link here and we will both get rewards! Including a week of game time for you, if you are a preferred status player! Click here for more info!

Comments

• ethanlallaethanlalla Member UncommonPosts: 105

Anyone try it out? What do you think?

Playing or interested in playing SWTOR? Use my referral link here and we will both get rewards! Including a week of game time for you, if you are a preferred status player! Click here for more info!
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Thanks i'm about to check this out, only for the reason that it looks somewhat reminiscent of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, which was like the only shooter other than Half-Life that I have ever liked.

Can't promise my thoughts will be positive, but i'll give it a test and post back here.

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

While I don't have anything against a game that is pay as I go for features. They simply have to do a lot better then that to draw me away or become another experience aside from world of tanks. This game also looks like it should be operating under subscription model instead of an f2p model. When all free gets you is being paid players target practice that's not free to play, that's free to loose. I would think a good f2p model would empower the player a little bit and at least make them feel like they can compete and that paying just gets them a little bit more. This really looks like it enforcers inferiority unless you pay.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    The graphics and game play have come a long ways since I last played. I sort of gave up on it because it looked like crap and wasn't fun, but a lot has changed now....like you can actually pick people out in the grass.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Helleri

While I don't have anything against a game that is pay as I go for features. They simply have to do a lot better then that to draw me away or become another experience aside from world of tanks. This game also looks like it should be operating under subscription model instead of an f2p model. When all free gets you is being paid players target practice that's not free to play, that's free to loose. I would think a good f2p model would empower the player a little bit and at least make them feel like they can compete and that paying just gets them a little bit more. This really looks like it enforcers inferiority unless you pay.

Where are you getting that from ? You make credits each match that you can buy new types of characters....the same ones people buy with real money. That's how free to play works....

lol @ loose