Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: PSO2 may not be heading to the West, despite being 'fully localized'

aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Comments

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

that pisses me off quite much :(

One of the few games i was anticipating.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Sega is not what it was during Dreamcast era and this shown they are alinate more and more from west and release crap games(marines)and originality is also gone.
    Shenmue, PSO, crazy taxi to name a few.

Sega was so good during Dreamcast period with so many original games pitty thats all gone.

They've lost it.

I thought Sonic team was a developer that always loved seeing there games globally seems not any more.

Same with nintendo btw sinds they lost RARE.

Only sonic which also is degraded to a sub par game mainly on nintendo machines.

Still have my Dreamcast and N64 up and running i hold on to that past which was in my view glorious gaming time long gone.

Sinds Dreamcast gone im perma PC only gamer consoles for me are from past i realy hoped for a PSO pc release vut that dream is crushed now.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Sega is a pale shadow of its former greatness. Yuji Naka is gone, Yu Suzuki is hung up on making mobile games now, Smilebit(Team Andromeda) has been reduced to those stupid Mario & Sonic Olympic games crap, and AM2 makes like one arcade racing game every three years.

Dreamcast was the last great thing they did. Such an innovative console and so many great games.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

That would be quite sad if it ends up being the case. I'm not sure if I ever did post this link, but it is a very good blog site that follows up most if not all of the Japanese updates and news and upcoming patches and expansions. We will just have to wait and see!

http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    If this is true, it would honestly suck. I've been waiting patiently for it as I avoid playing the Japanese version so I wouldn't become to invested in their servers. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    If we can connect to the Asia servers with English, then it should be OK?
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    If we can connect to the Asia servers with English, then it should be OK?

It's what I am going to do , the Singapore version will be in English and I think Asiasoft accept paypal , they might however have an IP block though so yeah, even though I wanted to stay legal on PSO2 looks like I might have to be a bit naughty afterall. I didn't want to go through patching the JP version all the time , while trying to figure out events/updates while the patch was being updated , no thanks. *sigh*.

All this nonsense has really annoyed the hell out of me , I have bought two PC's ready for the bleedin game and still nothing , my PC's will be broken by the time the Western release is out.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Serves us right. 

All the bitching people over here do about localization and translations is absurd. Down right ridiculous. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by bcbully
    Serves us right.  All the bitching people over here do about localization and translations is absurd. Down right ridiculous. 

Ignorance is bliss I guess. You know the original PSO, Blue Burst, and PSU all did better in western markets than in Japan. Not to mention SEGA announced a US version for PSO2 when they announced the game originally so there was no time frame for people to "bitch" about wanting it to happen. They even setup an NA PSO2 website with game info and release dates.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Serves us right. 

All the bitching people over here do about localization and translations is absurd. Down right ridiculous. 

Ignorance is bliss I guess. You know the original PSO, Blue Burst, and PSU all did better in western markets than in Japan. Not to mention SEGA announced a US version for PSO2 when they announced the game originally so there was no time frame for people to "bitch" about wanting it to happen. They even setup an NA PSO2 website with game info and release dates.

Yeah bcbully seems way off there , about this game anyway. PSO2 was supposed to come out around March in the West 2013 that is. They left the "delayed" announcement till very late , then since then nothing.

I think when Phantasy Star Portable 2 came out in the West , Sega got very annoyed after some people datamined the free codes out of it almost instantly , thus causing us to not get the best version of PSU , Phantasy Star Portable 2 infinity , that game is the best but only in Japanese , I think they should still get that out on one of the new consoles but no I know they won't. Also SEGA made a loss about 2 years ago , Sega sammy that is the Western division and yeah that isn't helping this delay at all.

Sad times really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Serves us right. 

I'm not saying you're wrong because I honestly have no idea on the numbers or anything, but where are you getting that those games did better over here than in Japan? I'm having a hard time believing that, especially considering how much more frequently PSU seemed to get updated on the Japanese servers, and considering the US version went down first.

And now there's this...

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

I finally gave up and tried the JP version with the english patch, the signup process was pretty hellish and the english patch left a lot to be desired for me and ruined the game quite a bit.  A great portion is still in Japanese which kills a lot of the desire I had to play, being lost on the hub ship due to all the JP text annoyed me greatly.

My expectations were possibly too high for this game after playing the current high quality mmos, it needs to kept in mind that this is not really an mmo and it's very much inline with older PSO/PSU titles.  It's very similar to those older titles, if you are expecting a PSO themed deep MMO with a lot of varied content then you wil be dissapointed, it's still PSO at the core.

I'm not really looking forward to it after playing the JP version as I was originally but I'd still probably play it if they ever finally get around to giving it a western release. 

Having said all that this game is incredibly popular in Japan, 1 million registered accounts which is vastly more than for instance FFXIV ARR managed (yes I know it's f2p vs p2p but still it shows that people want to play it).