Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little late but MTGT is done

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I stopped into my other email account to see that SOE has announced MAgic the Gathering tactics will shut down.

Soe has not done anything over the last several years to garner any support and this is just another nail in the coffin of a really bad business.We saw the millions and tons of effort Square Enix put into saving FFXIV but SOE,they simply show no effort at all.The money players poured into MTGT was a huge investment,one that can never be recovered.

The idea behind MTGT was a very good one and it COULD have done very well but sheer greed and lack of effort killed the game and when i say lack of effort  that is an understatement,they showed almost ZERO effort and that is not acceptable from even an indie developer let alone SOE.

I stopped supporting EQ2,i had 3 paid accounts and now this,no way would i support SOE anymore,Smedley and crew have no idea how to run a business.

The worst part of it all is that i now realize SOE was never going to put in the effort,they simply singed into a contract agreement with WOTC and if it flew easily with no effort,they would continue otherwise they would not renew the contract.That imo is a misleading venture to fool players into investing in a product that never really ha any intention to continue past the contractual period.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Opinion threads <3.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

OP, take a step back and look at this objectively, because it's fascinating what you've done here. 

A game you like is closing so you've 

• made up your own history of how things happened
    • made up your own reasons why each thing happened 
    • and then you've gotten upset at what you've made up about how and why it closed.

Mull that over a bit and see if you can spot the easily correctable flaw in that process. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I will miss it also as I love card/grid based hybrids, but hey what you gonna do.

There is now Hearthstone and Might and Magic Heroes Online around the corner, which are both good replacements. Just do like many others have and don't support (or be careful how) Sony in the future, learn to live by that mantra and you will find peace and hopefully a better or comparable game.

It wasn't the only gig in town, but agreed it will be missed and was somewhat unique.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798