Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The companions are all horrible.. every single one

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

I couldnt wait to get my 1st companion at L16 with my Cleric and all i got was a dull stupid Man At Arms that had 2 attacks....

The companions in this game are worse than anything else i ever saw in my mmorpg history.

Their AI is horrible

They get lost or stuck  on maps

They only have 2 powers until Rank 30 then they get a laughable 3rd

RANK 30 costs either alot ZEN or Diamonds

You can not command these companions  no  ATTACK / PASSIVE / DEFEND / ASSIST

They overlap with your game character in fights

Neverwinter is really a nice game for F2P. I have a 60 CW ,  55 Rogue, 37 Cleric, 38 GF

but for me the only Companion that is worth to have is the Healing % based Cleric

Theres a new Faery Companion out for 3500 ZEN >>> 35$ with 3 skills .. who can be stupid enough to buy that ?

The rest is complete trash

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    ok...

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    A lot of people use the Cat or Ioun Stones since they provide stat bonuses instead of being combat companions. Of course, the Cat and Ioun Stones are going to cost you Zen or Astral Diamonds as well, but you might find them more to your liking.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Rather the Stone, I guess the Cat-astrophe erased the very existance of cats from all Faerûn... and as a (skeleton) dog person I'm very happy for it :)  (so as the Rats Gang)
  • ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Rather the Stone, I guess the Cat-astrophe erased the very existance of cats from all Faerûn... and as a (skeleton) dog person I'm very happy for it :)  (so as the Rats Gang)

Cats still exist in Neverwinter. Either that or I need to have my meds re-evaluated. ;)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Chadiwicker
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Cats still exist in Neverwinter. Either that or I need to have my meds re-evaluated. ;)

I know, and there are stray ones on the streets as well :)

I just ment that since that rollback I barely see any cats, Stone on the other hand is really popular. Maybe because it's cheaper, now that cat was raised to almost 900k ad.

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    The companions are there to just help the player level up faster. I don't think it is meant to be a secondary AI player/substitute. Building regen gear is more stable and efficient than having the healer pet.

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.