Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF PVP game (free preferably)

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

simple..

1. PVP (needs to have open world PVP and not just BG's)

2. Free

3. Not terrible

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    Planetside 2
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    4. actually an RPG, and fantasy.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• AtlysAtlys Member Posts: 69

Well there is Age of Wulin. Everywhere is PvP friendly. You can even get attacked in towns as far as I know (that could have been because I was kidnapping someone though.) Even if you live in America or someplace outside of Europe, go with Age of Wulin, the European version, as Wushu (US) is pretty terrible from what I hear. And I had no problem with ping as a player in the US.

Also there a a lot of games to choose from with PvP servers. TERA comes to mind. I'm playing it now (not on a pvp server, on the rp server) It is a pretty solid game with action combat instead of tab targeting. You could give that a shot too.

On the eternal quest for that one perfect MMO.

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227

Aion is by far the best pvp game out there, almost entirely open with many different aspects to the occasion. The play is fast, the mood is competitive.

Aion 4.0 is not Aion of yesterday.. leveling is fast and zones full thanks to the combined fast track server. Rewards as you level and ingame events are worthwhile, not just worthless junk. Endgame pvp may be gear based for completely ungeared people, but getting gear isn't hard to get to a playable level... we want reward for work put in right? Moving past playable level gear slows down but there are still rewards though diminishing.  Also, the overall look of Aion is not that of an aged game.. its sharp, your character is highly detailed.. the variety of armor skins is unimaginable, the worlds large and open.

Every thing in the item store is available in game as well..

If you have any questions I will stop back on this thread a bit later, but in my opinion having been around the mmo circuit Aion really is one of the best choices atm and will continue to be.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Nightlite

Aion is by far the best pvp game out there, almost entirely open with many different aspects to the occasion. The play is fast, the mood is competitive.

Aion 4.0 is not Aion of yesterday.. leveling is fast and zones full thanks to the combined fast track server. Rewards as you level and ingame events are worthwhile, not just worthless junk. Endgame pvp may be gear based for completely ungeared people, but getting gear isn't hard to get to a playable level... we want reward for work put in right? Moving past playable level gear slows down but there are still rewards though diminishing.  Also, the overall look of Aion is not that of an aged game.. its sharp, your character is highly detailed.. the variety of armor skins is unimaginable, the worlds large and open.

If you have any questions I will stop back on this thread a bit later, but in my opinion having been around the mmo circuit Aion really is one of the best choices atm and will continue to be.

For me, Aion combat was one of the worst I've seen in years. Also didn't like their store and all the zillions boosts to everything. Felt a bit like a P2W game or grind a ton just to be able to be on par with everyone else. I also hate their flying mechanic.

I can't recommend this game to anyone, its just a bad game altogether. Rift is a thousand time better IMHO. But the downside of Rift in NA is that there's only 1 PvP server and I don't know if it's really active in terms of OWPvP.

I think the OP will have a hard time finding a good OWPvP game that is F2P. Rift is pretty much the only decent option that I can think of.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    you can try TERA or DFUW. Not many open world pvp games out there atm.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wushu/wulin, check the forums here, and check massively.com 60 or so articles. It's been a year, and I can't find better.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by Nightlite

For me, Aion combat was one of the worst I've seen in years. Also didn't like their store and all the zillions boosts to everything. Felt a bit like a P2W game or grind a ton just to be able to be on par with everyone else. I also hate their flying mechanic.

I can't recommend this game to anyone, its just a bad game altogether. Rift is a thousand time better IMHO. But the downside of Rift in NA is that there's only 1 PvP server and I don't know if it's really active in terms of OWPvP.

I think the OP will have a hard time finding a good OWPvP game that is F2P. Rift is pretty much the only decent option that I can think of.

That being said is not all that uncommon, but... Aion is one of the top played games in the world if you include foreign markets, also you can see for yourself if you were to compare it to Rift or Tera right now. There is a reason for its lasting popularity, though it is different then wow/rift in style; mostly because its a pvp game not a pve game.

Like it or hate it, its a pretty strong opinion either way.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    I would have to say RIFT did PvP quite well. Plus the fact of so many class combinations. Not talking old RIFT but the new system before people chime in :P

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2 is worth a try.
  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by raystantz

simple..

1. PVP (needs to have open world PVP and not just BG's)

2. Free

3. Not terrible

So far the best f2p are Rift(with tons of content) and Tera(with nice combat system).