To go through what I've played so far:
- PotBS - turned into something I don't care for.
- Uncharted Waters Online - felt sluggish to me and didn't care for the UI
- Puzzle Pirates - pirate themed and liked it but looking more for a 3D experience
- PotC - I genuinely thought it was crap.
- Tale of Pirates - liked my turtle boat and the cute graphics, didn't like just grinding levels
- Voyage Century - seems to get pricey the more you want to get into it
- owning a ship (or several)
- crafting of ships, gear, etc
- PvE preferred, but PvP is okay, too
Game doesn't even have to have ships/sailing as the main focus, just have it accessible by mid-level or lower.
What MMOs are out there that match or sort of match what I'm looking for?
There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre