Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It´s under 30.000

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

Those are the actual internet cafe charts in Korea.

ArcheAge is on 20th place with under 30k people playing it.

The game is fun for the first month, face it. After that the content gets repetitive and boring. I hope, Trion will cancel the EU/NA port and sell the publishing rights to some asia-specialized f2p publisher...

Comments

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Not sure why anyone would *hope* a publisher drops a game. Perhaps it might be more successful in this market. I haven't played the game, and will definitely give it a shot at launch. I've come to learn that a game can still be good, even if the masses don't flock to it.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    Not sure why anyone would *hope* a publisher drops a game. Perhaps it might be more successful in this market. I haven't played the game, and will definitely give it a shot at launch. I've come to learn that a game can still be good, even if the masses don't flock to it.

Its unlikely that it would be more successful in the west, although i do question its lack of success i korea, was under the impression there were a lot of games there, being in the top 30 would be a measure of success surely? but even so, its not a game i'd buy into, so i'd see it as a poor contender with so many other games on the horizon that are more suited to the western marketimage

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Informer80

The game is fun for the first month, face it. After that the content gets repetitive and boring. I hope, Trion will cancel the EU/NA port and sell the publishing rights to some asia-specialized f2p publisher...

Not a fair assessment at all, being that the type of game they enjoy in korea is NOT the same we enjoy here.(Don't get me wrong, people from both places will enjoy each typeof game, but korean's are famous for flocking and excelling at games such as starcraft, moba's, etc. Its reall is a GOOD thing that archage hit 20th place in korea. Just thnk ofthe OTHER 100+ games that have MASSIVE player bases over there, yet are NOT on that list.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

LOL sell it to SOE.. 

After Wizardry and Dragon's Prophet I have realized those morons will buy anything.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564

Instead of randomly pointing out that it is 20th, maybe you can tell us what the other 19 games are? This list isn't even a MMO exclusive list by the looks of it and LoL, Dota 2 and Starcraft will be in the top. We don't even know what the other 16 games are.

You can even see a couple of FPS games there for crying out loud and another couple have a genre only definable in Korean apparently.

Biased thread? Who would have expected that on this site,,,

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    It´s over 9000
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    It´s over 9000

sounds a bit dragonball to me.. but you might be right image

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Several questions remain. How are these figures obtained, actual reporting or someone's best guess? Do they cover all cafes or only some subset like one specific chain or geographic region? How many people play it at home vs in a cafe?

With out this info, you can't get the full picture. Sure, it may come in number 20, but it might be number 5 compared to all MMORPGs, can't tell without a full translation of the list.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

for a country with 50 million people, 30k players aint that bad. For a fair review you should check how many koreans play other games in the meantime to compare isnt it right?

And whats your point beeing so negativ to ArchAge to say that Trion should drop it off, why not publish it here. It sounds like your bit scared of something @ op.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Several questions remain. How are these figures obtained, actual reporting or someone's best guess? Do they cover all cafes or only some subset like one specific chain or geographic region? How many people play it at home vs in a cafe?

With out this info, you can't get the full picture. Sure, it may come in number 20, but it might be number 5 compared to all MMORPGs, can't tell without a full translation of the list.

Come to that, I can't read Korean. Can anyone else reading this thread? If not, how do we even know what this chart is showing at all?

• ZornhauZornhau Member UncommonPosts: 25
    It's not the number of people playing but the time played for that week by people using the internet cafe only.
  • VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
  • SaintGrayeSaintGraye Member UncommonPosts: 109

What a disgustingly twisted method of presenting information. For someone with your username, you really ought to exercise more tact, not to count forthrightness. Here is a translation of the graphic above in English...

1. League of Legends

2. FIFA Online 3

3. Sudden Attack

4. Aion

5. Blade & Soul

6. StarCraft

7. Lineage

8. Dungeon Fighter

9. Eos (no idea what this one is...)

10. Warcraft 3 (most likely W3 DOTA)

...long story short, you present information taken from general nationwide PC usage (not internet cafes alone), in a foreign language on a predominantly English-speaking board, posting a screenshot rather than a link to lend credence to your claim (http://www.gametrics.com/Rank/Rank02.aspx), from a website that is in its own beta-state, while neglecting to compare ArcheAge against other RPGs alone (presumably as that would require you to purchase a subscription to Gametrics), all to lambast a title most of us have never played? For that matter, have you even played it?

I'd say you're a fool, but it appears you beat me to the point.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I don't know that I will like AA whenever it finally gets published in NA, but I damn sure wouldn't wish it is dropped, considering it is one of the few mmos coming out that I am considering.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Haha,The games the masses don't flock too or stay at (because the majority of them buy every single mmo that launches) are the ones that I usually enjoy the most.They are usually ones that are harder and you need to work at them and not action combat based.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by SaintGraye

What a disgustingly twisted method of presenting information. For someone with your username, you really ought to exercise more tact, not to count forthrightness. Here is a translation of the graphic above in English...

1. League of Legends

2. FIFA Online 3

3. Sudden Attack

4. Aion

5. Blade & Soul

6. StarCraft

7. Lineage

8. Dungeon Fighter

...long story short, you present information taken from general nationwide PC usage (not internet cafes alone), in a foreign language on a predominantly English-speaking board, posting a screenshot rather than a link to lend credence to your claim (http://www.gametrics.com/Rank/Rank02.aspx), from a website that is in its own beta-state, while neglecting to compare ArcheAge against other RPGs alone (presumably as that would require you to purchase a subscription to Gametrics), all to lambast a title most of us have never played? For that matter, have you even played it?

I don't see how the ranking has anything to do with well anything, I'm more interested of the fact that all their bad decisions cost most of their players.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869

1. League of Legends

2. FIFA Online 3

3. Sudden Attack

4. Aion

5. Blade & Soul

6. StarCraft

7. Lineage

8. Dungeon Fighter

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

You do not have to like the list, the fact that it exists and is correct speaks for itself.  There are a certain number of people in Korea, and they cannot play ALL the games but here is a list of what they are playing.

Starcraft, yes the original starcraft, is still MASSIVE in Korea.  They put that game on television.  People playing starcraft in starcraft tournaments.   Korea is a strange place.

You can clearly tell ArcheAge is a Korean game the instant you run it.  That fact that it is wayyyyy down on the list of games Koreans are playing is not good news.  This game looks like it will do well in Russia, maybe very well.  I don't think it has a chance in America.

Oh well.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I've heard all sorts of rumors, such as AA losing 90% of its players over the last few months, bugs galore, radical changes to pander to the vocal minority that caused the majority to leave, which I see happening in a lot of mmos, (COS, Mechwarrior) and Trion can't get it in a good enough shape as XL didn't make something competitive for a demanding western market.

No idea what to make of all this, but my interest in the game has lessened for 2 reasons, the purer indie sandboxes and EQN that will lack a lot of the tired themepark features AA has, and other Korean MMOs that just seem more interesting and groundbreaking, such as Black Desert.

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

1. League of Legends

2. FIFA Online 3

3. Sudden Attack

4. Aion

5. Blade & Soul

6. StarCraft

7. Lineage

8. Dungeon Fighter

Actually i find the list is quite informative. If it was like, say, number 5, then maybe i would want to know what the first 4 games are, but its number 20, and the population playing it is 0.45%, does it really matter what the other 19 games are?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Other than financial, I can only imagine that is a good thing.

I don't know you and don't know the things you like but the things "I like" and that I find of worth are usually not the most popular.

Though my interest in ArcheAge is at this point academic, all this means to me is that the game is actually good.

Then again, all I want from a game is a world to explore, an interesting character and sieges.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Yes i might be stereotyping but i do follow trends and seems to be Koreans tend to prefer Esporting more or gaming with bragging rights.

I prefer my MMORPG to be a friendly atmosphere where the game brings players together,not to compete or pvp but to make accomplishments in the game.SO if AA can achieve this,it most certainly would do better here.

There are a few serious mistakes i feel they are doing and one big one is the housing castle idea,that screams of alienating a HUGE number of players ,that is not smart game design.Everyone in a game likes to feel a part of the game no matter they belong to a guild of 500 or 5.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Blade & Soul is #5 on the list and the last time anybody from NC Soft or Team Bloodlust uttered one letter about the US release was Dec 05 2012.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Yes i might be stereotyping but i do follow trends and seems to be Koreans tend to prefer Esporting more or gaming with bragging rights.

I prefer my MMORPG to be a friendly atmosphere where the game brings players together,not to compete or pvp but to make accomplishments in the game.SO if AA can achieve this,it most certainly would do better here.

There are a few serious mistakes i feel they are doing and one big one is the housing castle idea,that screams of alienating a HUGE number of players ,that is not smart game design.Everyone in a game likes to feel a part of the game no matter they belong to a guild of 500 or 5.

I don't know what the housing castle thing is but that might be smart game design depending on one's taste.

I don't mind players not having access to everything if they don't work for it.

So, could you elaborate on the "housing castle idea"?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Is ArcheAge an open world PVP game?