Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alright, now I am Mad...

GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

You made me look.

You... the WildStar Devs I mean... You made them videos on your website.... and I liked them. Well actually I liked what I saw of WildStar in the videos as far as what kind of MMO you want it to be, and I was impressed.

Of course you had to make it a cartoony farce, but if I forget that part then the rest of what WildStar will be is the kind of MMO I have been waiting YEARS for. I have always had a problem with MMOs with a cartoon-ish style of graphics, that so far was the reason I was not going to even think about WildStar. (Farce part is OK btw, keep that coming).

But certain people here said certain things that peeked my interest. After a while I had to check out WildStar's website for myself. (Apologies to fellow Posters that tried to tell me and others, I was to dense to listen. I appreciate your effort though.)

I am not yet sure if WildStar will be as good as I think it will be, we shall see, but it's enough of what I have been looking for that I wanted to say Thank you for your Work and Yes I watching this very close. As of right now, with what I know about WildStar right now, I can say that I am going to purchase and Sub to this MMO.

In preparation for my enjoyment (hopefully) of WildStar I decided it was time to train up. Like a Science Experiment sort of... or a personal Train Wreck.... take your pick....

Not in my eye-hand coordination, but in my ability to play a MMO that has a cartoony graphics style. There is one MMO that I tried a couple of times over the years and quite specifically because of it's cartoon style graphics: That would be WoW. I like some things about WoW but the grphics always got on my nerves, and I am not afraid to admit it. I sub'd to WoW temporarily, which I hope will acclimatize me to enjoy MMOs that utilize this kind of graphics style, and hopefully make me so darn ready for (what I consider) a real MMO that I will turn my back running and screaming like a little girl towards WildStar's Server Cluster.

Please let me know when I can book passage on the Gambler's Ruin.... I have a feeling already that I will be itching to get off Azeroth.

See what you did. ;)

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Let's see.  Gear grind, trinity, raids, quest hubs (I'm assuming that Wildstar will have them) and a similar art style.  Should be an easy transition for you.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Awww  *hands OP a cookie( oatmeal and raisin)*

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

I am looking more towards the Player Housing and Lot content, Crafting, game mechanics that encourage doing more than /faceroll my keyboard to fire off skills and fight, Characters having Classes and Paths (which to me makes a fantastic amount of sense in a scifi MMO), the fact that it IS a scifi MMO.

The stuff you mention.... yeah, not really looking forward to that as much as what I mentioned above. Good Observation.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

You're ok with farce, but not cartoony graphics? IMO, realistic graphics w/ farce is just awkward. I'm never quite sure if someone is trying to be funny, or pick me up. I think that there is so much more creative liberties that we can take with cartoony games. With realistic games, I feel like we grade them exactly on that, how realistic is it? "Damnit! There's no recoil on my blacksmithing hammer! What a crap game!" 

As far as facerolling content, if you're facerolling WoW Heroic Raid content, I'd say that you could be disappointed, but you would probably be disappointed with most any MMO, really. I mean Wildstar is making hefty promises about offering seriously hard content, but what does that really mean for people who are facerolling WoW Heroic Raid content already? It might not mean a hill of beans. 

I think that the telegraphing system, despite how people think it will make things easier, will actually make the game more difficult, or offer the opportunity to make things more difficult. I mean the biggest reason WoW becomes faceroll alley is that it's all about timing, right? Telegraphing allows for more dynamic fights, like you might never experience the same fight twice! All boss attacks can be wide open, or set within a range of dynamic values opposed to a set timeline. Wide range of possibilities. IF Carbine makes use of the system that way. If they decide to go with timed attacks and structured boss battles, you may find that the content IS actually easier. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

You're ok with farce, but not cartoony graphics? IMO, realistic graphics w/ farce is just awkward. I'm never quite sure if someone is trying to be funny, or pick me up. I think that there is so much more creative liberties that we can take with cartoony games. With realistic games, I feel like we grade them exactly on that, how realistic is it? "Damnit! There's no recoil on my blacksmithing hammer! What a crap game!" 

As far as facerolling content, if you're facerolling WoW Heroic Raid content, I'd say that you could be disappointed, but you would probably be disappointed with most any MMO, really. I mean Wildstar is making hefty promises about offering seriously hard content, but what does that really mean for people who are facerolling WoW Heroic Raid content already? It might not mean a hill of beans. 

I think that the telegraphing system, despite how people think it will make things easier, will actually make the game more difficult, or offer the opportunity to make things more difficult. I mean the biggest reason WoW becomes faceroll alley is that it's all about timing, right? Telegraphing allows for more dynamic fights, like you might never experience the same fight twice! All boss attacks can be wide open, or set within a range of dynamic values opposed to a set timeline. Wide range of possibilities. IF Carbine makes use of the system that way. If they decide to go with timed attacks and structured boss battles, you may find that the content IS actually easier. 

No, no, I was referring to /facerolling PvE leveling content. I should have been more specific.

As I mentioned above I have never played WoW until now (except a couple times I did the trial). I won't be in WoW long enough to even get to endgame Raiding, and I know I am not a good enough Player to /faceroll Raids. i am going to be in WoW just long enough to get used to the graphics style so I can enjoy WildStar when it releases.

As far as farce humor and realistic graphics... hmm... I bet that only works sometimes. No I was emphasizing my dislike for cartoon style graphics.

The Telegraph system has me intrigued. I see it as increasing difficulty because it will add more opportunity to combat for different moves, tactics, strategies, and all that means more time needed to make quick decisions and thus more skill required, both brain skill and control skill to correctly control our characters. I see this system separating the good, bad, and ugly much better than most MMOs, and even though I am old, and slow, and handicapped somewhat (nerve damage to my hands years ago), I still can't wait to give this system a spin. I was looking for a MMO with more complex combat and WildStar I think has it. Maybe those who say this will be easy will be right, maybe you and I are right, we will see at release.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade

No, no, I was referring to /facerolling PvE leveling content. I should have been more specific.

As I mentioned I above have never played WoW until now (except a couple times I did the trial). I will not be in WoW long enough to even get to endgame Raiding, and I know I am not a good enough Player to /faceroll Raids.

As far as farce humor and realistic graphics... hmm... I bet that only works sometimes. No I was emphasizing my dislike for cartoon style graphics.

The Telegraph system has me intrigued. I see it as increasing difficulty because it will add more opportunity to combat for different moves, tactics, strategies, and all that means more time needed to make quick decisions and thus more skill required, both brain skill and control skill to correctly control our characters. I see this system separating the good, bad, and ugly much better than most MMOs, and even though I am old, and slow, and handicapped somewhat (nerve damage to my hands years ago), I still can't wait to give this system a spin. I was looking for a MMO with more complex combat and WildStar I think has it. Maybe those who say this will be easy will be right, maybe you and I are right, we will see at release.

Ok, but if we can't faceroll PvE leveling content, how are we supposed to eat a sandwich and play at the same time :)

I think that in the same way that the telegraphing system provides an opportunity for them to make Dungeons/Raids more difficult they could do the same with leveling content. More dynamic battles where it's not like A, A, B. A, A, B. It will ultimately come down to who they see as their core gamers. Who will subscribe? Do people actually want hard content? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade

As I mentioned I above have never played WoW until now (except a couple times I did the trial). I will not be in WoW long enough to even get to endgame Raiding, and I know I am not a good enough Player to /faceroll Raids.

Ok, but if we can't faceroll PvE leveling content, how are we supposed to eat a sandwich and play at the same time :)

I think that in the same way that the telegraphing system provides an opportunity for them to make Dungeons/Raids more difficult they could do the same with leveling content. More dynamic battles where it's not like A, A, B. A, A, B. It will ultimately come down to who they see as their core gamers. Who will subscribe? Do people actually want hard content? 

We can still eat sandwiches, we will just have to have the spray bottle and the old diaper ready to clean off our Monitors after we panic and spit half the sandwich all over the place. lol

Yes I am hoping the telegraph system adds more possibilities to combat, will add options so to speak on many levels.

Less boredom, more "Oh %^&*, more unexpected stuff, hopefully more fun.