Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Transmog and Enchantment Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo 3 site has been updated with a new guide for Reaper of Souls, the forthcoming expansion. In it, the team lays out the plans for both enchanting of player items and 'transmogrification', or the changing of an item's appearance. World of Warcraft players will be familiar with this feature.

Have you ever looted an item whose stats were almost perfect, but one property just wasn't quite what you had hoped for? Or perhaps you found an item you love, but are starting to outgrow its power? With Enchanting, you will be able to reroll one property on a Rare or Legendary item simply by speaking to Myriam, opening up her Enchant menu, and then paying a material cost. It's that easy!

While not all properties can be rerolled, most can, and you'll be able to reroll a single property over and over again, as many times as you like. This allows Enchanting to feel meaningful, while still allowing lots of room for you to hunt for even better base items (which, of course, you can then Enchant into even more powerful items, and so on).

Read the full post on the Diablo 3 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Ummm ok I guess??!!

o.O

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918
    Finally, a way for me to take my amazingly cool looking, legendary sword of badassery and transmogrify it to look like the starting weapon!
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Very nice. Looking forward to it.

Much more so looking for an announcement Reaper of Souls is coming to XB1 too, and that XB1/PS4 versions can import characters from XBOX/PS3 games and from battle.net accounts.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    The ability to transmogrify plus spam reroll until you get perfect stats plus tailor drops potentially destroys (again) the core principle of Diablo - farm for better/perfect loot. Blizzard should stop trying to reuse components from other games and invest properly.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    The ability to transmogrify plus spam reroll until you get perfect stats plus tailor drops potentially destroys (again) the core principle of Diablo - farm for better/perfect loot. Blizzard should stop trying to reuse components from other games and invest properly.

And instead reuse the first diablo? I'm not sure I'm following you. Do you even follow what you're saying?

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

You can only re-roll one stat on the item, and once you choose the stat you wish to re-roll it locks the other stats in.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Nice additions.. This expansion is going to bring the PC version where it should have been from the start.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Too little, too late.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Ah that's encouraging nick didn't know that thanks :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I barely notice what anyone is wearing in D3. This is a neat feature in Warcraft, but not as impressive in this iso-view game. Least not to me.