Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex-Warhammer players.

Come play Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Comments

• mmochallengemmochallenge Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    Come play Darkfall: Unholy Wars

I think this is a good discussion to find a replacement for WAR.  Sadly there is no replacement for WAR.  But I agree Darkfall is probably one of the closest replacement.  

Check out this website that has tons of Darkfall info (http://dfuwtrial.blogspot.com/). 

Take the 30 days MMO Challenge!

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    You guys really enjoy going from one crappy game to another?
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by azonic69
    Amen.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Play darkfall... Sure i´l just gauge out my eyeballs with a spoon first.

FFA Loot/PvP was not fun in UO and it has not become any more fun... Add to that how DF has a... shall we call it.. Less then stellar rep... And the community even worse...

I´l pass on that one thank you very much. I think i will sitt back and enjoy my fond memories instead as i blast people to tiny bits in my giant stompy robot.

This have been a good conversation

• VelqorVelqor Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by azonic69

Is that supposed to be some kind of argument? Because really, it isn't. 

Ever heard of something called: opinions?

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Full loot PvP is not that bad. At least in darkfall you can 're craft all your gear with little effort.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Full loot can sting a little but it doesn't hurt.

If you have 20 weapons and sets of armor in your bank, it's not so bad to lose one.

But when you win an epic fight, and you get to loot all the graves.... it's a good time.

• goldtoofgoldtoof Member Posts: 337
    If it works like eve, you will have lots of crafted gear in your bank and take a gamble on what to wear when you go out by weighing up risk and reward. It's a different mentality to a more themepark game like war. You aren't going to be grinding out epic gear for weeks and then losing it in a couple of minutes. Even if you don't get pk'd I'm assuming darkfall has some sort of item decay through use and you will loose your gear anyway?

Basicly its not for everybody. Some war players will like it, others might be happier in gw2, ps2, aion etc..
  • Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    I enjoy PvP but I can't be bothered with full loot, just does not appeal so darkfall is a no.
    Originally posted by goldtoof
    If it works like eve, you will have lots of crafted gear in your bank and take a gamble on what to wear when you go out by weighing up risk and reward. It's a different mentality to a more themepark game like war. You aren't going to be grinding out epic gear for weeks and then losing it in a couple of minutes. Even if you don't get pk'd I'm assuming darkfall has some sort of item decay through use and you will loose your gear anyway?

Basicly its not for everybody. Some war players will like it, others might be happier in gw2, ps2, aion etc..

Yeah, items decay with use.. So even if you don't lose it in pvp, eventually it will break.

It keeps the crafting economy moving.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Synns77
    I enjoy PvP but I can't be bothered with full loot, just does not appeal so darkfall is a no.

Same here, but the full loot isn't the biggest deterrent to the game. It has poor game mechanics and clunky/glitchy combat. Most of the animation reminds me of an 80s game.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Even though this game is trash now (IMO), the full loot aspect adds to the thrill but once you figure out that everything you tend to lose you can get back easily, especially if you're in a guild. It's when you're farming you should heed the old advice of "bank often".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HCe_bPUE0U 

Like this guy should of banked a while ago.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Heretique

Even though this game is trash now (IMO), the full loot aspect adds to the thrill but once you figure out that everything you tend to lose you can get back easily, especially if you're in a guild. It's when you're farming you should heed the old advice of "bank often".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HCe_bPUE0U 

Like this guy should of banked a while ago.

Still some people just don't enjoy the constant grind for the same gear... they just want to pvp and nothing else.

The problem is Darkfall is crafting is not very commercially viable with a vibrant market, like crafting in pre-NGE SWG or UO. If it was then the full-loot system would've been a total non-issue, since some people just don't want to don't have to grind crafting or anything else, prefer to outsource that task out to delicate crafters and pay them for their efforts, and just build themselves for pvp.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I don't understand the correlation between Darkfall and WAR. They are almost nothing alike. Sure you can own places as a faction in the rvr in WAR but it is nothing like Darkfall. They were both PvP games, is that it? Because even so, WAR was a tab target themepark MMO with no penalties for dying, whereas Darkfall is a more FPS type combat system with full loot open pvp, I'm just not seeing how WAR players would enjoy that whatsoever.
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I don't understand the correlation between Darkfall and WAR. They are almost nothing alike. Sure you can own places as a faction in the rvr in WAR but it is nothing like Darkfall. They were both PvP games, is that it? Because even so, WAR was a tab target themepark MMO with no penalties for dying, whereas Darkfall is a more FPS type combat system with full loot open pvp, I'm just not seeing how WAR players would enjoy that whatsoever.

Maybe this is the reason player should be interested because they want to try something different...

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• mmochallengemmochallenge Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by NobleNerd

Same here, but the full loot isn't the biggest deterrent to the game. It has poor game mechanics and clunky/glitchy combat. Most of the animation reminds me of an 80s game.

Here is a Graphics video of Darkfall.  Pretty sure not 80's :-)

Take the 30 days MMO Challenge!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Hehe. Exaggerate much? Since you've actually old enough to have been playing games in the 80s, you should know.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Or you could play Super Saiyan Barbarian Action Squad 7, now with 100% more hair changing color to blonde and standing up through your armor!

It's like playing a Slayer with the Survivability of an Ironbreaker. Not ever remotely fair.

Originally posted by mmochallenge

I did not say graphics were old school..... I said the animations remind me of 80s and the video you showcased has proven that statement even more. The animations in this game are horrible.

Originally posted by mmochallenge

I did not say graphics were old school..... I said the animations remind me of 80s and the video you showcased has proven that statement even more. The animations in this game are horrible.

Beauty is on the eye of the beholder.  If the animation bothers you that you can't play this game that fine.  Most people value great game play experience vs graphics/animation; case point Minecraft

I remember when WAR came out and people complained about it's animations, although they were fine imo.

I didn't understand the carebear mentality that zero's in on something like animations then, and I don't understand it now.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

Closest thing to Warhammer today would be Guild Wars 2..........or DAoC(superior to both)

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

I remember when WAR came out and people complained about it's animations, although they were fine imo.

I didn't understand the carebear mentality that zero's in on something like animations then, and I don't understand it now.

WTF!? Drop the carebear BS. Why is it all of sudden it is carebear to wonder about animation quality. It's called being a gamer! Period.    Oh Wait I am sorry the all might @$%^ing PVP player don't approve so it must be some carebear thing right?

Look we are all bloody gamers... gtf over it.

Originally posted by Arrogant_Wormy

WTF!? Drop the carebear BS. Why is it all of sudden it is carebear to wonder about animation quality. It's called being a gamer! Period.    Oh Wait I am sorry the all might @$%^ing PVP player don't approve so it must be some carebear thing right?

Thank you. If you take a great game idea and couple it with poor game animations and bad combat animations/implementation it still becomes a poor game that most will not stay and play.

Originally posted by Arrogant_Wormy

Thank you. If you take a great game idea and couple it with poor game animations and bad combat animations/implementation it still becomes a poor game that most will not stay and play.

Are we talking about WAR or Darkfall here?

Cuz there sure is an echo in this room.

Same things were said, by the same people who couldn't see the forest for the trees.