Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sub server - Now's a great time to come back!

ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

Title says it all. I downloaded the game again out of curiosity once they announced the release of the subscription server. I had played in closed and open beta but the cash shop absolutely ruined it for me. After a few days of having played on the subscription server, however, I can safely say that Allods Online is the game it was trying to be all along!

Levelling is faster, more XP from kills, no freaking incense or curses, no item shop, everything earned with reasonable amounts of ingame gold. 

Come back to Allods!

Comments

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106
    How is the player population on the subserver?
  • ultrastoatultrastoat Member Posts: 172

I play League so... not as great as one would hope but it's steadily picking up. I actually had to spawn camp last night.

There are more players on Empire at the moment, and the server has been pretty active. I've seen players flitting around all over the place.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by ultrastoat

Title says it all. I downloaded the game again out of curiosity once they announced the release of the subscription server. I had played in closed and open beta but the cash shop absolutely ruined it for me. After a few days of having played on the subscription server, however, I can safely say that Allods Online is the game it was trying to be all along!

Levelling is faster, more XP from kills, no freaking incense or curses, no item shop, everything earned with reasonable amounts of ingame gold. 

Come back to Allods!

Question: is the game worth the subscription money? It is a WoW-clone, how does it compare to it in terms of value for money?

imageimage
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

they are still trying huh? even after all that crap of teh CS who amke more then half server bail?

and btw its a wow clone yes, and pretty bad at it too, nothing estrelar and we already ahve beter games with are f2p too

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    The damage has been done by there cash shop greed. They have abused the f2p player base and will soon do it to the subserver players as well. If you want to play a game that doesnt rob you in the cash shop try starwars nights of the old republic and guild wars 2. Star wars does the same set up as turbine. Im sorry, but this game is not worth a subscription.

Edgar F Greenwood

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO
    Originally posted by ultrastoat

It is a WoW-clone, how does it compare to it in terms of value for money?

i used to say Allods was the best WoW clone out there but after playing longer i realized the only thing that Allods and WoW have in common is the graphic style and the generic questing. Nothing else.

One thing i dont like from the subscription server is that it kept the same horrible questing and increased the experience gain so you dont have to grind much. I would have subscribed if they did a major questing overhaul on the subscription server instead of just pumping out more experience per quest and leaving the game as generic as ever.