Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The merchant or the swordsman

RpgKylonRpgKylon Member Posts: 20
I've been wondering, Swordsman are good mellee attackers right They count on defense, agility, and strength also right? Yet, Merchants count on all strength and defense, mostle power, so here's the question that confuse me, which is stronger, the swordsman, or the merchant, leave an answer in the poll please..also post what you think about this

Omg! I got a signature oo;

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Merchants are very hard to use and require alot of patience to build.  They are the hardest 1st job class to level in this game.  The Second class for them however is of average strength.  I don't recommend using them if its your first character.
  • JorvallJorvall Member Posts: 20

The merchant is the hardest 1st job class there is. It requires alot of work and zenny.

But the question you asked is which is more powerfull. A swordie with 99 str is an impressive thing to behold. With a good two handed sword or spear a swordie can deal massive damage.

But on the other hand a proper merchant build can do alot of damage using the powerful mannomite attack. The draw back to this is that it uses zenny. So if you have a rich battleforger or blacksmith with 99 str. you can do godly damage.

• max001max001 Member UncommonPosts: 95

in 1st class job, swordmen is definately stronger than merchant

but 2nd class job thats different story

RICH blacksmith (with correct battle built) can pawn any knight with different built easily

reason:

they have the biggest storage for potion

with mammonite, you do a great deal of damage possible higher than knight

EQ cheaper than knight equipment

Blacksmith look cooler than knight :p

• ttAtticusttttAtticustt Member Posts: 11

Well if you want a melee character and want a swordie or a merch, i'd definately have to go with the swordsman (i actually like thief class more than both but whatever :p). 
    BUT- having a merchant is a very essential character for making money to buy equips for your other characters.

If you want a merchant only to make you money fast, make a character with the starting stats of 9 str, 9 dex, 5 agi and 5 vit.

Pump your str,dex, and vit if you want to level quickly (vit is much easier to level at the lower levels, unless your'e a thief class ^^)

Your goal is to get the skill "Vend" (lets you open a shop to sell stuff in..open your shop and leave RO running when you go to sleep, school, work, etc.) and if you want to keep going, get some overcharge and discount to sell your loot collected on main characters.

-Overcharge may not look like much help at first, but it really adds up when it comes to leveling, aquiring loot and storing it, and selling it to an npc on your merch.

-Discount is really self explanatory...buy npc bought items for cheaper. (24 percent cheaper at lvl 10 i believe?)

Use those novice pots when u turn merch and train on poring island (1 south from southern pront field and east on the desert map south of pront) and kill those poporings and marins...just beware of deviling, ghostring, and angeling. (not a very good place to level for loot)

You could also try the prontera culverts (sign up in north western pront at the knight job change area, talk to one of the guys at the front desk) which is much better loot. :)

so if you have the time and wanna think ahead, make a merch image

happy gaming image

• Sakray:Sakray: Member Posts: 12

S w o r d s m a n ^_^

Cause then you can Become Knight and then --> Lord Knight

Which is the Baddest Ass Looking Char out of the Game LOL!!

No Serious.. Swordies are really cool to Play. Never liked Merchants..

There's No Escaping Me...
    I'm Alway's Better!!

• SolcrySolcry Member Posts: 12

Blacksmiths are strong yes - especially with their Mammonite attack and zeny as above people have said. However, in sheer power, a Knight is going to win out. Firstly, their regular attack is stronger - obviously. And secondly, they have a skilled called Berserk... which is godly. So yes, a Knight properly built, probably lance, will win out.

• ZeremiZeremi Member Posts: 386

I dont know anything about those powers but swordman just sounds stronger ::::02::