Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for community oriented game

zeuz1813zeuz1813 Member Posts: 5
I'm looking for a game that is centralized around player interaction. This can mean anything from strong PvP to community created events. I currently play eve but as any eve player will tell you, there are many times when there isn't to much going on. I'm looking for something with character progression and development, leveling or skilling up. I love eve because it is so different from the quest grind and I'm looking for a different experience in this game as well, away from the wow clone idea. I don't care about graphics at all, this can be an old game, as long as it has an active and deep community. 

Comments

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Id suggest taking a look at Wurm Online, Runescape, and Darkfall:UW.

All very different, all community based and driven in different ways, and all very far from WoW style play. 

Whether any will suit you is hard to say, but they are all different and special in their own ways, and im sure you will enjoy having a look at least :)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    meh, my idea was no good!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

To match all your criterias, i don't think there's a game for you.

If you don't mind overlooking some of them, DF:UW might or might not work for you.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online has both items you mention in your second sentence.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ParapsychoParapsycho Member UncommonPosts: 108

DarkWind: War On Wheels has a very mature and close knit community. There is alot of player interaction and veterans are very willing to help new players.

The game is turn based, which is different from most MMOs. It seems slow at first, but the more you get immersed in the game, it goes by faster.

----------------------------
    Currently Playing:
    DarkWind: War on Wheels

Games Played/Beta Tested

Matrix Online
    Auto Assault
    Anarchy Online
    Everquest 1 & 2
    EVE
    DarkWind: War on Wheels