Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great game possible serious problem

avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
This game has great potential, however last night I noticed a serious problem. Two times I had people hit me from behind (in my bomber). My plane broke up and theirs were undamaged (one was actually a player on our side). This is either a serious game flaw (that can be exploited) or a hack. Either way it could affect gameplay in a very negative way if more people do it.

Comments

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305
    It's not a bug, it's just that gunners suck, specially in bombers. Since you need to train your crew to have several expert gunners or something. If you have less expert gunners than certain amount, your crew skill will have a penalty.

• badwolf33badwolf33 Member Posts: 3

I think he means that he was "rammed" (another plane collided with his, not shot at his). I have noticed that there is no real pattern with collision damage. In some cases my wing/tail/whole body will be torn to shreds, and so will the other guys, or I'm broken in two and the other guy is fine, or (hilariously) my wing clips an enemy and they go down in a heap and the worst thing is that I'm a bit weaker on that wing and dizzy as hell from spinning wildly for a few seconds, but then I straighten out and go on to more dogfights.

My only guess is that as you use a plane, you gain experience to add modifications. Most planes get reinforced wings and airframe. Therefore, you are probably getting hit by those that have those mods, and they are just hitting a part of your plane that is not structurally reinforced. I wouldn't go calling it a bug, just an unlucky set of circumstances.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

This game has always insisted ramming is an important part of the game and it has always been the fun killer part of it. Back when tier 1s got matched with tier 10+ it was just a nightmare. You'd get people in noob planes and that would be all they'd do. Fly up really high and then dive in at people. The tier 1s could turn so tight there was nothing you could really do.

Things have changed a lot since then but it's still a very broken game mechanic.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by DamonVile

This game has always insisted ramming is an important part of the game and it has always been the fun killer part of it. Back when tier 1s got matched with tier 10+ it was just a nightmare. You'd get people in noob planes and that would be all they'd do. Fly up really high and then dive in at people. The tier 1s could turn so tight there was nothing you could really do.

Things have changed a lot since then but it's still a very broken game mechanic.

We do this lots in WoWP too.  Lower tiers hunting for upper ones to ram

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

I have seen ramming kill both and have seen ramming kill just 1 - its going to depend on what hit what. Example - flying a Hurricane I came up on someone and used my wing tip to take him out similar to how the RAF was able to knock buzz bombs off target.

I can only assume the game factors vectors, speed, etc into the algorithm. Then again - could just be an RNG dice roll.

• DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119

Planes wings are not the same some are stronger or more reinforce than others that's why in historical battles some wings in some planes will fly away if the G's or speeds are too strong and they can't endure.

Also planes have multiple stage of damages you might have a wing but it might be so damage that it has no aerodynamics or close to none that will eventually lead to you crashing.

Generally heavy fighters and bomber have stronger wings to be able to support the bigger engines and bombs.

You also have to take in account the stronger part of an aircraft is the front with the massive engine this should beat a wing in terms off mass, the front of a wing is also the where it's the most strong compared to the rear part of a wing so if some rams you with his front wing on your rear part of you wing he will make more damage than you.

For me the collision/ramming system looks and feels realistic  and it the best i have seen.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by DeathmachinePT

For me the collision/ramming system looks and feels realistic  and it the best i have seen.

the mechanics of it, are as realistic as you'd want in a game. It's the players and how they treat it that is the fun killer. If ramming was something that happened as an accident or if a plane was damaged and couldn't turn that would be cool. Some lame douche bag that  equips all tier one and loads into a game to grief higher tiers isn't.

• DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by DeathmachinePT

the mechanics of it, are as realistic as you'd want in a game. It's the players and how they treat it that is the fun killer. If ramming was something that happened as an accident or if a plane was damaged and couldn't turn that would be cool. Some lame douche bag that  equips all tier one and loads into a game to grief higher tiers isn't.

I don't think I have ever been rammed on purpose on arcade and i have almost 100hours of gameplay what pisses me is friendly ramming or friendly shooting when you start the match it's enough to make you loose it.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp