Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What crafting profession would you like to see in a Fantasy MMORPG?

2»

Comments

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

I just want a game that does have a true crafting profession like SWG had. If it wasn't for the crafters in SWG nothing would exsist. All the houses, vehicles, clothes, weapons and everything else had to be crafted. There was no stores or auction houses to go buy what you wanted, you had to have it made. 

EVE Online is the game you want for that.

• sorattasoratta Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Xthos
    Originally posted by Vermillion_Raventhal
    Originally posted by soratta
    As the type of player who would love to be an exclusive crafter, I really do want that sort of game where players get to craft for other characters, rather than NPCs. It builds community and rep.

You should be able to be deticated or a mix.   I do think players should have NPC helpers to run shops and craft.  

Or just use a AH.

NPC helpers .. do i have to give them salaries, and manage their health insurance too?

Yes, and grind daily quests to earn them things to make them nice to you, to use the other stuff you did daily quests for into things!  Their is also a risk of the NPC skipping town on you with your good, and then having to hire another NPC to hunt them down.

nah .. i will finish and end a game way before i need to grind daily quests.

The skipping town idea isn't bad .. but can't you already do that in some kill quests?

Why hunt them down - hire another player to do it. 

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198

Originally posted by Vermillion_Raventhal
    Originally posted by soratta
    As the type of player who would love to be an exclusive crafter, I really do want that sort of game where players get to craft for other characters, rather than NPCs. It builds community and rep.

You should be able to be deticated or a mix.   I do think players should have NPC helpers to run shops and craft.  

Or just use a AH.

NPC helpers .. do i have to give them salaries, and manage their health insurance too?

What AH? Do you go to an AH to purchase things in real life. Maybe some games don't have to cater to the typical WoW clone style game?

No I am talking a npc that can help craft and sells things in the players shop. You're letting your trolling show through your contrary ideals stance you normally take.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    I would like to see more professions that do not necessarily produce anything like SWG's Image Designer, Dancer, Musician etc that require practice and learning of skills.
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by maplestone
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

NPC based crafting with players deliverig the ingredients.. My characters are heroes or villains... and there is one thing they dont do and thats crafting.

Does it have to be NPCs?    What about having a contract with a player who does like crafting?

Exactly.Why take away crafting from people that want to do it? Just because one is too lazy or has no desire to do it themselves and instead runs around zerging from hub - hub reading no lore at all.

And devs stop making simpleton crafting to try and get this kind of player interested in doing it.Make it time consuming and hard and for gods sake make it something you have to actually stay at your keyboard to do! This is what most crafters want,a deep system,not some 1 click on 100 tin clusters,go afk,come back 1 click 50 bars go afk and come back to 25 tin daggers  kind of crap :)

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

deep specializations of crafts that already get used:

examples, a mastery line of alchemy to deal in the most perverse and deadly of poisens, while making yourself nearly immune to the specific kind you choose to make the most deadly.

potion master to make the best heal or buff or effect potions

smiths that specialize in the very finest of 1 specific weapon or armor type (think sword/size, or armor of specific weight set)

almost any craft has been done in this game or that, but a good fantasy game should have them all, and have you focus on mastering 1 narrow subject at the very end of the line you go into.  you dont lose out by not crafting, you can still buy this stuff from the crafters, and no one crafts everything either since you pick what you end up being good at making.

some perks of being a master of a craft would be like i mentioned, able to use a highly toxic poisen while not killing yourself with it, although inept handling can still make you sick, an inept non poisen maker of that variety would likely kill themselves. potion masters would possibly get a small 1-5% increase in effect on useing their mastered potion type.  weapon and armor crafters would likely see a boost in durability lifespan of their items between repairs of 1-5%.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Spell / skill crafting. Alchemy , inscription etc. Make players NPCs when they log out where you pay them to be traders / run the shop etc. Skills requiring each other eg: miner might need alchemist to make acid to turn chalcopyrite into copper for example. Best thing would be spellcrafting / skillcrafting where you can make your own skills to make something like an intelligence warrior or a strength mage viable.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ledgerhsledgerhs Member Posts: 7

One that unifies the community. People enjoy different aspects of MMORPGs, and crafting is a great way to bridge those activities as a way to progress.

EVE does it well.

• sorattasoratta Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Fangrim
    Originally posted by maplestone
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

NPC based crafting with players deliverig the ingredients.. My characters are heroes or villains... and there is one thing they dont do and thats crafting.

Does it have to be NPCs?    What about having a contract with a player who does like crafting?

Exactly.Why take away crafting from people that want to do it? Just because one is too lazy or has no desire to do it themselves and instead runs around zerging from hub - hub reading no lore at all.

And devs stop making simpleton crafting to try and get this kind of player interested in doing it.Make it time consuming and hard and for gods sake make it something you have to actually stay at your keyboard to do! This is what most crafters want,a deep system,not some 1 click on 100 tin clusters,go afk,come back 1 click 50 bars go afk and come back to 25 tin daggers  kind of crap :)

ME. ME ME ME. I want to craft.

Give me a game where I can craft to my heart's content and where it's fulfilling. NPC crafting breaks my heart.