Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert – Closed Beta Videos, Screenshots & Updates Day 1

apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member UncommonPosts: 15

A few hours ago the Korean CBT for Black Desert has started. This Closed Beta Test will run from October 17 to October 23 and access will be available through waves. Each day a new feature will be tested as the following schedule shows:

October 17 & 18 – Quest & Combat System
October 19 – Housing System October 20 – Guilds system and the first siege
October 21 & 22 – Trading System & Npc Relations
October 23 – PvP system and the second siege

http://www.mmocast.com/news/black-desert-closed-beta-videos-screenshots-updates-part-1/

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

That opening cinematic would have me very worried.Just like Arena Net they were too lazy to make full animated 3D movies,instead used basically two still screenshots with the only animation being two red dots inside of a cheap black mist.The only positive is that if they claim ART work just like Arena Net they put in a 100x more detail in those two still screenshots than anything Arena Net did.

The climbing system is a nice touch,more games should do it.You just jump and it automatically goes into a climb mode or hop over a fence mode,i guess sort of similar to what EQNext will be doing.

Looks like that climbing system will be utilized a lot in questing,they seem to have some obsession with cats.

The sad part is it seems the quality of graphics is not going to be as good as early indications gave us.What i see is the same level of texture quality as say FFXI but with a higher capacity in texture size and ability to have  a little more clarity than a lot of f2p games.

None of the clothing looks to be of HD quality,something that looked might be the case in early marketing videos.

Fishing seems to be a tad cheaper than either FFXI or FFXIV.

I feel this game will simply be more of the same old with one new trick,being able to climb but AOC already did this with a higher level of graphics.AOC also had some variety in how you did quests instead of the basic  log it and fetch it.

I feel like many that the early marketing videos warranted at least a look see of this game,but so far i need to see more and something better,otherwise looks like same old song and dance.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member UncommonPosts: 15

Can't say anything about the graphic details as this is an early version of the game.

The next days should bring more features so who knows, anyway from what is known so far Black Desert will have a lot of unique features if they manage to deliver what they promised.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Maybe a fully playable world +1

Rescue cats -1 ok -5...

Overall BD is still a positive.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

As expected-- the videos looked decent until I reached the Combat videos, at which point they just looked atrocious.

Still haven't changed my mind that this mmo is just another generic Korean grindout.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by superconducting

As expected-- the videos looked decent until I reached the Combat videos, at which point they just looked atrocious.

Still haven't changed my mind that this mmo is just another generic Korean grindout.

Whatever the hell that is. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by bcbully

You don't know about those? Don't mean to be derogatory but what I'm referring to is this: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/93467-korea-their-bad-mmorpgs.html

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

You don't know about those? Don't mean to be derogatory but what I'm referring to is this: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/93467-korea-their-bad-mmorpgs.html

Well not everyone want WoW hand holding clone trash from USA. :)

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

Maybe a fully playable world +1

Rescue cats -1 ok -5...

Overall BD is still a positive.

rescuing cats is awesome.

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Wizardry

The sad part is it seems the quality of graphics is not going to be as good as early indications gave us.What i see is the same level of texture quality as say FFXI but with a higher capacity in texture size and ability to have  a little more clarity than a lot of f2p games.

None of the clothing looks to be of HD quality,something that looked might be the case in early marketing videos.

lol, what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKJkMWyioo

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

here are some more from a fan site:

http://www.black-desert.com/news/first-closed-beta-day/

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse